PDA

View Full Version : More Fox Stupidity

RKMeibalane
10-16-2004, 09:27 PM
For those of you who are watching the Yankees-Red Sox telecast, you may have heard Tim McCarver say that Mark Bellhorn lead the Majors in strikeouts. Wrong! Adam Dunn broke Bobby Bonds' all-time record for strikeouts in a single season. Honestly, is it really so hard for these guys- who are paid to talk about baseball- to get their facts straight? If these people don't know what they're talking about, then they all need to ****!

MRKARNO
10-16-2004, 09:44 PM
I heard that too and got upset. You just can't miss something like that and not correct yourself or not correct your partner (if you're Joe Buck). Truly pathetic.

Shingotime!!
10-16-2004, 09:50 PM
u aint kiddin. This anouncers are horrible. They are making abvious mistakes and arnt correcting them when they speak.

RKMeibalane
10-16-2004, 11:27 PM
This is horrible. McCarver is absolutely brutal. Ugh!

ma-gaga
10-17-2004, 01:02 AM
This is horrible. McCarver is absolutely brutal. Ugh!
I think McCarver has to be getting at the end of his line. You know you are bad when Joe Buck is making better analysis than you are.

I really like Al Leiter in the booth though. He's got a good handle on talking to the audience in an intelligent/informative way. He's a pitcher I'd seriously look at hiring as a coach when he's done with his playing career.

bigfoot
10-17-2004, 01:20 AM
About the ONLY thing the people at Faux Networks get right is the names, dates and airtimes of the new shows on Faux. But, "they report, you decide."

Baby Fisk
10-17-2004, 02:15 PM
FOX network is barely trying. They paid their way into getting the broadcast rights for events like this, but they put nothing into quality broadcasting. I remember a brutally garbled graphic they put up about a month ago that had the White Sox last winning the WS in 1908 and the Cubs winning in 1906 or something bizarre like that. :angry:

TornLabrum
10-17-2004, 02:22 PM
FOX network is barely trying. They paid their way into getting the broadcast rights for events like this, but they put nothing into quality broadcasting. I remember a brutally garbled graphic they put up about a month ago that had the White Sox last winning the WS in 1908 and the Cubs winning in 1906 or something bizarre like that. :angry:
Why should they put any more quality into their sports broadcasts than they do into the prime time schedule which aside from The Simpsons and Arrested Development is mainly crap?

StepsInSC
10-17-2004, 04:27 PM
Before game 1 I remember him saying something to the effect of:

"Curt Schilling is the guy who the Red Sox didn't have before he got here."

Ugh. Joe Buck is the only FOX broadcaster with an IQ above that of a fruit loop.

RKMeibalane
10-17-2004, 05:07 PM

Ugh. Joe Buck is the only FOX broadcaster with an IQ above that of a fruit loop.
Now, now. There's no reason to insult the intelligence of fruit loops. They managed to evade that tucan for all those years, after all. :D:

SOXSINCE'70
10-17-2004, 05:38 PM

You sure Yogi Berra isn't involved here?? :D: :D: :D:

Brian26
10-17-2004, 08:43 PM
I really like Al Leiter in the booth though. He's got a good handle on talking to the audience in an intelligent/informative way. He's a pitcher I'd seriously look at hiring as a coach when he's done with his playing career.
I'm glad someone mentioned this. Al Leiter is fantastic behind the microphone. Not only is he completely informative, but he does it in a way that doesn't seem condescending to the audience.

Brian26
10-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Wanted to mention one other thing...

As much as I hate Brenly as a manager, I really enjoy him in the booth. The team of Lyons, Brenly, and Brennaman is excellent.

whitesoxwilkes
10-17-2004, 11:04 PM

Josh Lewin does pretty good work IMO, and Jeannie Zelasko (sp?) is hot!

Jjav829
10-18-2004, 12:29 AM
I'd agree with the sentiments above. I really like Joe Buck in the booth. I've actually missed hearing him with the Fox "A team" on football broadcasts the past few weeks. I also think Al Leiter has done a nice job in the booth. You can tell he's not fully comfortable as an announcer yet, but when he hangs him up, I think he can be a good color man.

Tim McCarver: Blah, blah, blah some crap about not throwing a flat breaking ball (I try not to listen to McCarver).

Joe Buck: "Somewhere Mark Wohlers just turned off his TV set." :D:

ChiSoxRowand
10-18-2004, 01:48 AM
Earlier in the series McCarver called Bronson Arroyo Brandon Arroyo a few times. Then today he called Ruben Sierra Ruben Rivera and Tim Wakefield Bob Wakefield.

FightingBillini
10-18-2004, 02:08 AM
About the ONLY thing the people at Faux Networks get right is the names, dates and airtimes of the new shows on Faux. But, "they report, you decide."
There is an old saying "Remain silent and let people think you are a moron. Speak up and remove all doubt."
You truly removed all doubt with your comment.
I will leave it at that. We dont want to get this thread locked.

fusillirob1983
10-18-2004, 02:16 AM
There was a close pitch during the game today and McCarver said, "baseball is a game of inch."

That's not a typo.