PDA

View Full Version : 2001 PTC Standings

CLR01
10-08-2001, 09:22 PM
The season is over, the results are in and it came down to the wire. As most of you know Jjav829 won the contest but i just want to say you are all winners for playing.....LMAO.

(J/k) :)

Lets take a look back at how the season played out. My day to day records begin on the 1st of May and end on the 24th of July when the format changed.

From May 1st- 9th the lead was shared by a combination of Iguana775, Daver, SouthSideHitman, and Fuzzy Patters.

Fuzzy_patters took over sole possession of the lead on the 10th and held that until the 16th when Iguana775 joined him at the top.

Iguana775 regained the top spot for himself on the 24th of May.

He stayed in 1st all alone until June 18th when SouthSideHitman joined him.

SouthSideHitman finally knocked Iguana775 out of the lead on the 24th of June but it would not be for long.

Iguana775 rejoined him in the top spot on the July 5th and knocked him totally out of 1st on the 7th of July.

On July 12th Soxheads joined Iguana775 in first.

They remained tied until the 15th of July when Soxheads knocked him out.

My records show Soxheads held 1st alone through the 24th.

For the final 2 months Soxheads hovered in the top 2. I can not be certain but i am sure he was knocked out atleast 1 time and there were many 2-3 way ties for first. For the most part Soxheads remained in 1st until October 5th when Jjav829 took over 1st and eventually went on the win.

Daver and OfficerKarkovice occupied 2nd and 3rd for much of the season.

The scoreboard has been updated to reflect final standings for all 63 contestants.

Check it out (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/chisox716/)

doublem23
10-08-2001, 09:26 PM
Hey! All right... Top 25% for me!

Daver
10-08-2001, 09:29 PM
CLR,great job on keeping score on this all season,and for helping me out when i was unable to post them myself.I missed out on the case of Hamms this year,but there is always next year.
Thanx again.

Soxheads
10-08-2001, 09:30 PM
second place.....damn, i feel like the twins

OfficerKarkovice
10-08-2001, 09:46 PM
Great job this year CLR...thanks for your hard work...Daver it was a battle to the end for us man haha good work.

FarWestChicago
10-08-2001, 09:47 PM
CLR did a great job administering PTC this year! That was a chunk of work putting that final scoreboard together, too. Thanks, CLR!

:wanne

Ahhhhh, I think CLR is a trooper. He gives it his all every time out.

CLR01
10-08-2001, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by daver
CLR,great job on keeping score on this all season,and for helping me out when i was unable to post them myself.I missed out on the case of Hamms this year,but there is always next year.
Thanx again.

No problem Daver, it was fun, well except for every 5th day when Buehrle pitched but i am hopeful the sox will trade him by next season so that should take care of that problem. :)

Ill tell you what though, WSI will have the cleanest parking lot this side of the Mississippi, for a few months.

CLR01
10-08-2001, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
CLR did a great job administering PTC this year! That was a chunk of work putting that final scoreboard together, too. Thanks, CLR!

Ahhhhh, I think CLR is a trooper. He gives it his all every time out.

Yeah. it took me 6 hours every night just to update the board, that final scoreboard has been in the works for well over a month. To think all this hard work and Singleton only won 6 times.

Soxheads
10-08-2001, 09:55 PM
Jjav829: great job you deserve that case of hamm's

fwc or phg or clr:you should keep the top 5 for every year on the ptc page(so i still have my claim to fame) or maybe a printable certificate that says "Second Place-If it's good enough for the Twins its good enough for you" (i am actually serious-my trophy case has very few trophies and certificates!)

or maybe im just a total lunatic:)

Daver
10-08-2001, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Jjav829: great job you deserve that case of hamm's

fwc or phg or clr:you should keep the top 5 for every year on the ptc page(so i still have my claim to fame) or maybe a printable certificate that says "Second Place-If it's good enough for the Twins its good enough for you" (i am actually serious-my trophy case has very few trophies and certificates!)

or maybe im just a total lunatic:)

I could give you a deer head for your trophy case,you have to pay the taxidermy bill though.Just let me know.

Soxheads
10-08-2001, 10:14 PM

I could give you a deer head for your trophy case,you have to pay the taxidermy bill though.Just let me know.

my trophy case isn't that big...but maybe

PaleHoseGeorge
10-08-2001, 11:33 PM
Congratulations to Jjav829! Your achievement is heralded on WSI's main page Soxogram tonight!

Will the Hamm's fit in your mailbox if I send it in the case or am I going to have to stuff 24 envelopes?

-the WSI umpire

:hamms

Jerry_Manuel
10-09-2001, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Will the Hamm's fit in your mailbox if I send it in the case or am I going to have to stuff 24 envelopes?

I know I'm speaking out of turn, but wouldn't it just be easier to mail him a check worth the case of beer? I'll sit down and listen for my answer.

OfficerKarkovice
10-09-2001, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I know I'm speaking out of turn, but wouldn't it just be easier to mail him a check worth the case of beer? I'll sit down and listen for my answer.

Now what would be the fun in that Jerry.

Jerry_Manuel
10-09-2001, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Now what would be the fun in that Jerry.

I'm just trying to save the WSI Umpire some money that's all. Besides the best park is actually drinking the beer.

Jjav829
10-09-2001, 12:19 AM
LOL, should I make this sound like a corny Emmy award speech?

Thanks to CLR, PHG, and FWC for running this contest. Soxheads congrats on keeping 1st place for a long time, and giving me a tough challenge, and congrats to everyone else who participated in the contest.

PHG, do I still get that case if Im not "legal"? :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-09-2001, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
PHG, do I still get that case if Im not "legal"?

I don't think the WSI Umpire wants to spend his offseason in jail. :)

CLR01
10-09-2001, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
LOL, should I make this sound like a corny Emmy award speech?

Thanks to CLR, PHG, and FWC for running this contest. Soxheads congrats on keeping 1st place for a long time, and giving me a tough challenge, and congrats to everyone else who participated in the contest.

PHG, do I still get that case if Im not "legal"? :)

Well, not anymore. Should have just kept your mouth shut. The PTC umpire does not check ID's but he does follow the law if the winner openly states he is a minor. Ofcourse i could be wrong.

Hey i get a few of those beers for adding those extra couple of points right??? :)

Jjav829
10-09-2001, 12:41 AM
Hey i get a few of those beers for adding those extra couple of points right???

Well now that you said it you don't. I would also like my cash refunded. :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-09-2001, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Hey i get a few of those beers for adding those extra couple of points right???

Fish are you saying the contest was fixed? I am shocked at your actions. I would expect this from Rob Gallas but not you.

CLR01
10-09-2001, 12:48 AM

Fish are you saying the contest was fixed? I am shocked at your actions. I would expect this from Rob Gallas but not you.

I have never rig a contest in my life. Nor have i ever participated in rigged one. I condemn anyone who does.

Jerry_Manuel
10-09-2001, 12:50 AM
I have never rig a contest in my life. Nor have i ever participated in rigged one. I condemn anyone who does.

I see my lame attempt at humor has failed. Hey I thought you were envolved in the "Chicago Survivor" contest?

Jerry_Manuel
10-09-2001, 12:51 AM
Nice touch adding the Bears logo in your sig Fish.

CLR01
10-09-2001, 12:56 AM

I see my lame attempt at humor has failed. Hey I thought you were envolved in the "Chicago Survivor" contest?

No jerry Ate and West were behing the CS.Com survivor contest. I openly protested it. FWC, or PHG might be able to dig up some of my long drawn out arguments with the conspirators.

Jerry_Manuel
10-09-2001, 12:58 AM
No jerry Ate and West were behing the CS.Com survivor contest. I openly protested it. FWC, or PHG might be able to dig up some of my long drawn out arguments with the conspirators.

Well then my memory is slipping I could of swore you were involved. But I will take your word for it.

FarWestChicago
10-09-2001, 12:59 AM

Ahhhh, c'mon CLR, I remember you having something to do with "nuclear" something.

CLR01
10-09-2001, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

Ahhhh, c'mon CLR, I remember you having something to do with "nuclear" something.

"I am outraged with the accusations that have been made against my client. Mr. R01 (aka. Mr. Sox716) has never been evolved in any nuclear voting, that could make several hundred votes a minute. Its is not like he wanted David Wells to win and the only reason he didn't win is because my client had to go to work. I hope you are prepared to defend yourselves in court Mr. Chicago and Mr. Manuel."

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/US/9604/01/simpson_juror/cochran.jpg

"You go Johnny"

:slowswing

FarWestChicago
10-09-2001, 01:21 AM
"I am outraged with the accusations that have been made against my client. Mr. R01 (aka. Mr. Sox716) has never been evolved in any nuclear voting, that could make several hundred votes a minute. Its is not like he wanted David Wells to win and the only reason he didn't win is because my client had to go to work. I hope you are prepared to defend yourselves in court Mr. Chicago and Mr. Manuel."

http://www-cgi.cnn.com/US/9604/01/simpson_juror/cochran.jpg

Ahhhh, stuff it, Johnnie. I like that West guy.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-09-2001, 09:02 AM
Too young to drink beer (legally), eh? No problemo. The WSI umpire will drink it himself. Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

But seriously folks, the WSI umpire would never engage in anything so illegal as giving alcohol to a minor--unless the price is right.

We'll make alternate arrangements for Mr. Jjav. It will work out better for me this way, too. I wasn't looking forward to licking and stamping the side of that beer case anyhow.

:)

ode to veeck
10-09-2001, 03:43 PM
alternate PTC winnings (for minors) could be: (1) pair of tix to opening day at Comiskey 2002 (or another game @ winners' choice) or ... (2) free case of daver's moose burgers (or other hunted delectibles-- I'd offer local squirrel meat, but my cat's revenge for months of being mercilessly teased was he only left paws and pelts from the local squirrel families

Daver
10-09-2001, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
alternate PTC winnings (for minors) could be: (1) pair of tix to opening day at Comiskey 2002 (or another game @ winners' choice) or ... (2) free case of daver's moose burgers (or other hunted delectibles-- I'd offer local squirrel meat, but my cat's revenge for months of being mercilessly teased was he only left paws and pelts from the local squirrel families

I won't have any Moose until after Nov.15th,if you are willing to wait I can set you right up.

OfficerKarkovice
10-11-2001, 12:25 AM
How about some deer jerkey Daver? I'm a big fan of that...if you want to mail me a package of it up here at school feel free.

Daver
10-11-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
How about some deer jerkey Daver? I'm a big fan of that...if you want to mail me a package of it up here at school feel free.

E-mail me an address and I'll see to it,I don't get any Jerky from my kills,the guy that butchers my deer,when I don't do it myself,keeps the portion that jerky is made from,which is mostlty neck and lower haunch,and I grind that on anything that I butcher.But if you send me an address to mail it to you will get what you want.

fogie
10-12-2001, 05:18 PM
Thanks CLR. Has lot's of fun, Will be looking for revenge next year Ha. Ha.

Go Go Sox

Fogie

doublem23
10-13-2001, 03:36 PM
did I already say this? If not, thanks CLR for doing this all summer... Even though I stopped with like a month left (damn job... 48 hours a week my arse), it was still great

OfficerKarkovice
10-13-2001, 08:15 PM

E-mail me an address and I'll see to it,I don't get any Jerky from my kills,the guy that butchers my deer,when I don't do it myself,keeps the portion that jerky is made from,which is mostlty neck and lower haunch,and I grind that on anything that I butcher.But if you send me an address to mail it to you will get what you want.

And how do I find that email address Daver?