PDA

View Full Version : Any Fisk signings this off season?

mike squires
10-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey ya'll~Wondering if anyone out there knows if Pudge will be doing any card shows this winter in the area and if so where. I could do Indy and Chicago and that is about it. Or does he even do those anymore? any insight would be appreciated.

Brian26
10-15-2004, 04:44 PM
He only signs items for Steff. I'm serious!

ewokpelts
10-15-2004, 05:44 PM
He only signs items for Steff. I'm serious!The last Time I remember him doing any signing was in 93. Although hemay have signed at the sox `100th anniversay bash at the historical society.
gene

steff
10-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Hey ya'll~Wondering if anyone out there knows if Pudge will be doing any card shows this winter in the area and if so where. I could do Indy and Chicago and that is about it. Or does he even do those anymore? any insight would be appreciated.

He hasn't done those for a looooong time.

steff
10-15-2004, 05:53 PM
He only signs items for Steff. I'm serious!

:redface:

StillMissOzzie
10-15-2004, 07:31 PM
He hasn't done those for a looooong time.
It hasn't been THAT long. Pudge was at the Rosemont Expo Center just a couple of years ago in one of those big weekend-long shows sponsored by the Sun-Times. I was in line to get Lamarr Hoyt's autograph, who was there the same weekend, and Pudge came over and gave him a big hug. Truly a sentimental moment, for all Hoyt's been through since he was traded from the Sox.

SMO
:gulp:

steff
10-15-2004, 08:27 PM
It hasn't been THAT long. Pudge was at the Rosemont Expo Center just a couple of years ago in one of those big weekend-long shows sponsored by the Sun-Times. I was in line to get Lamarr Hoyt's autograph, who was there the same weekend, and Pudge came over and gave him a big hug. Truly a sentimental moment, for all Hoyt's been through since he was traded from the Sox.

SMO
:gulp:

That was right after Albert left... 5 years ago. That's long to me. :tongue:

ewokpelts
10-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Carlton signs alot for the major card companies, and does private signings. He charges a lot(HOF), and knows that too many public signings, especially in Chicago, will hurt his value.
Gene

mike squires
10-15-2004, 08:42 PM
I googled Carlton fisk autograph shows and he has two coming up. One in Kansas City and one in Cleveland. Unfortunatly a bit too far for me. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

Steff, I'll send you my 83 seat back Federal Express. Have him sign it in the lower left hand corner..:)

steff
10-16-2004, 08:46 AM
I googled Carlton fisk autograph shows and he has two coming up. One in Kansas City and one in Cleveland. Unfortunatly a bit too far for me. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

Steff, I'll send you my 83 seat back Federal Express. Have him sign it in the lower left hand corner..:)

Will he be at the shows.. or just items signed by him.. or does it say? And one in Cleveland...? He hates Cleveland (for obvious reasons :(: )

ewokpelts
10-17-2004, 01:43 PM
www.sportssection.com (http://www.sportssection.com) had a fisk auto ball listed at $170.
Gene

mike squires
10-17-2004, 08:50 PM
That seems a little steep to me. I have a ball that is legitamate that I bought at a card shop for 20 bucks 15 years ago. I also have a bat signed by him with his name engraved. Pretty sweet. But my seat signed would be gravy.

Brian26
10-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Remember, Fisk is a hall of famer now, so anything with this auto will go up in value.

steff
10-17-2004, 11:37 PM
www.sportssection.com (http://www.sportssection.com/) had a fisk auto ball listed at $170.
Gene

My jersey with him and Seaver is valued over $4K.

Whitesox029
10-18-2004, 12:04 AM

Steff, I'll send you my 83 seat back Federal Express. Have him sign it in the lower left hand corner..:)I would think he would keep them near chicago/boston for obvious reasons but I won't question his judgment.

Tekijawa
10-18-2004, 11:11 AM
I think he's represented by this company: http://www.tristarproductions.com/

I'll probably be goint to the Suntimes Sports thingy this year... I haven't decided If I'll spring for the Clemmens autograph (199.00 to sign your ball) along with the Big Unit (125.00)

ewokpelts
10-18-2004, 10:35 PM
My jersey with him and Seaver is valued over $4K.what jersey style? is there a hof inscription? that's pretty high for a dual jersey sig
Gene

Brian26
10-18-2004, 11:34 PM
what jersey style? is there a hof inscription? that's pretty high for a dual jersey sig
Gene
Trust her, it's worth every penny. It's the jersey Seaver wore when he won his 300th in Yankee Stadium.

ewokpelts
10-19-2004, 12:23 AM
Trust her, it's worth every penny. It's the jersey Seaver wore when he won his 300th in Yankee Stadium.ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

steff
10-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Trust her, it's worth every penny. It's the jersey Seaver wore when he won his 300th in Yankee Stadium.

Actually.. it's not. I thought it was. That one is priceless and is in Seavers possession (dealers say it would be worth about 10K). The one I have is an authentic replica signed by Seaver with the date of the game, and Fisk with HOF. I just got the COA from the MLBPAA last month - which I was waiting on to get it valued - and got back the $4250 value. It's a one of a kind, which makes the value so high (that's what I'm told anyway). The balls that Carlton signed for me (with Seaver on there) came back just over $400.

I started cleaning out the office closet.. and I discovered that I have a whole lotta baseball crap!!

Tekijawa
10-19-2004, 02:15 PM
I started cleaning out the office closet.. and I discovered that I have a whole lotta baseball crap!!
Some day I hope to have a bunch of baseball crap, right now the Wedding Bills are eating away at the funds though... It's slowly building though. I have a Santana ball on the way and Clemens and Johnson should be had after the Suntimes show.

mike squires
10-19-2004, 02:24 PM
I try and stay clear of autographs unless I get them in person. Even if it is authentic it's just less personal and doesn't mean as much. I have a hard time paying hard earned cash for something I didn't get in person. Still, the ball and bat signed by pudge on my shelves look pretty sweet. There's a pic of it somewhere on this site.

steff
10-19-2004, 03:13 PM
I try and stay clear of autographs unless I get them in person. Even if it is authentic it's just less personal and doesn't mean as much. I have a hard time paying hard earned cash for something I didn't get in person. Still, the ball and bat signed by pudge on my shelves look pretty sweet. There's a pic of it somewhere on this site.

Everything I have I got in person.

John Barrett
10-19-2004, 04:04 PM
when i was young he gave me a bat he cracked while at bat (around 81??) It is a Mike squires bat . but just got it back from him signed. my wife's aunt is related to him by marriage

mike squires
10-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Barret, that is awesome. I would love some Mike Squires memorbillia!!! I got him to sign a program in 85 but I haven't been able to find it. I think it's at home in Indiana somewhere....I got him to sign a ball and my seat back last summer. I told him I use his name for a message board and he said, "I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing..."

mike squires
10-19-2004, 04:52 PM
when i was young he gave me a bat he cracked while at bat (around 81??) It is a Mike squires bat . but just got it back from him signed. my wife's aunt is related to him by marriage

I'll trad you my Estaban Loiza bobblehead doll for your mike squires cracked bat!:D:

Baby Fisk
10-19-2004, 05:00 PM
I started cleaning out the office closet.. and I discovered that I have a whole lotta baseball crap!!Same here. I just found an Ozzie Guillen Rookie Card back home in my parents' basement! It must be worth, what eight bucks maybe?! Woo-Hoo! It was in the same stack as the only known "Baby Fisk" baseball card in existence (a novelty photo-card of me in a Sox uniform taken in 1991, when I was just a fresh faced rookie mahself...). :cool:

steff
10-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Same here. I just found an Ozzie Guillen Rookie Card back home in my parents' basement! It must be worth, what eight bucks maybe?! Woo-Hoo! It was in the same stack as the only known "Baby Fisk" baseball card in existence (a novelty photo-card of me in a Sox uniform taken in 1991, when I was just a fresh faced rookie mahself...). :cool:

In my grama's attic my dad has 10 or 12 tupperwear containers full of BB cards. Some older than him. He's been saying he's going to go over there and get them since he moved back from Florida (2+ years now...). I have a sneaky feeling we might find something really, reeeaaallyyy good in there. I think he's stalling so if there is something good in there he doesn't do something stupid with it.

I can't wait to get into those containers.. :wink:

ewokpelts
10-20-2004, 05:41 PM
In my grama's attic my dad has 10 or 12 tupperwear containers full of BB cards. Some older than him. He's been saying he's going to go over there and get them since he moved back from Florida (2+ years now...). I have a sneaky feeling we might find something really, reeeaaallyyy good in there. I think he's stalling so if there is something good in there he doesn't do something stupid with it.

I can't wait to get into those containers.. :wink:Steff,
Contact me when you do get a look at those cards. i can hook you up witha dealer that can help you grade the cards, as well as sell them, if desired.
Gene.

steff
10-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Steff,
Contact me when you do get a look at those cards. i can hook you up witha dealer that can help you grade the cards, as well as sell them, if desired.
Gene.

I will definitely be doing that. My dad thinks he has duplicates of many. He started his collection when his grandfather gave him a shoebox full back in 1955 or 56.. he is pretty sure some are from when cards first started being printed.

If I can just get my grama on that ladder... :D:

ewokpelts
10-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I will definitely be doing that. My dad thinks he has duplicates of many. He started his collection when his grandfather gave him a shoebox full back in 1955 or 56.. he is pretty sure some are from when cards first started being printed.

If I can just get my grama on that ladder... :D:If he has t206 or earlier cards, even the "crappy" players sell well.
You'd be suprised how many people like and buy vintage cards. If you have a good "find", you can make a lot of people happy.
Gene