PDA

View Full Version : ...Never have too much pitching.

Joel Perez
10-08-2001, 05:57 PM
If this season taught us one thing...you can never have too many good young pitchers in your staff.

Here's to seeing Malone, Ulacia, Guerrier, Honel, Almonte, Kane, etal at spring training 2002...AND TAKE PLENTY OF NOTES!

:KW , ya better keep drafting pitchers! This organization hasn't had a true-under-fire #1 guy since Jack McDowell....time to develop one again.

I thought :kipper would be it, but it's more looking like :burly that'll get the #1 job. Kip better get his act together soon!

Jon Garland, Gary Glover, Dan Wright and others simply need more experience next year to get better.

We might as well say "Sox in 2003???" I don't know if we can get enough to go over TWO steps, let alone one step. We gotta get by Minnesota and Cleveland first.

Daver
10-08-2001, 06:04 PM
Minnesota will have trouble repeating this season,everything just went right for them this year.They struggled to beat good teams after the first two months of the season.

KempersRS
10-08-2001, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by daver
Minnesota will have trouble repeating this season,everything just went right for them this year.They struggled to beat good teams after the first two months of the season.

I guess that tells you what we are...

Spiff
10-08-2001, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

We are the team that struggled to beat anyone during the first two months of the season.

Daver
10-08-2001, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS

Yeah

But what the hell do I know?

KempersRS
10-08-2001, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00

We are the team that struggled to beat anyone during the first two months of the season.

Well, there are still a lot of holes, we weren't as great as some people think we were in the second half either. I think the Yanks series really sums up what I am talking about.

Tragg
10-08-2001, 11:12 PM
You can have too much pitching when you have a catcher, a shortstop and a centerfielder who can't hit a lick (okay batting averages - no power, no walks, no bunts, no hits to the right or left side, pop ups instead of sacrifice flies) and who, together, still make the sox below average in up the middle defense.

GASHWOUND
10-08-2001, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
You can have too much pitching when you have a catcher, a shortstop and a centerfielder who can't hit a lick (okay batting averages - no power, no walks, no bunts, no hits to the right or left side, pop ups instead of sacrifice flies) and who, together, still make the sox below average in up the middle defense.

Actually, Singleton is a good bunter. I don't what his final #'s are with getting the runners over to 3rd and all that stuff. Nor Clayton. but I thought both Singleton and Clayton were both good bunters and were good getting the runners over. And them both still making us below average up the middle? Huh? Ther are two best defensive players n the club. Clayton was in the top 3 in Fielding % and Singleton is an excellent CF. Why would you say they are below average? They are 2 of the best at their positions. The other stuff you said with walks and stuff is true. Singleton needs to learn to take walks.

Bmr31
10-09-2001, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

very good point. The sox pitching is already good enough to compete. We have major holes at C, CF, SS, and 3B. We need to fill those holes and fast......

longshot7
10-09-2001, 02:05 AM
Is that Danny Almonte you're referring to? Isn't he, like 50?