PDA

View Full Version : "White Sox farm system rated among baseball's best"

santo=dorf
10-14-2004, 08:59 PM
The Chicago White Sox have placed 14 players in Baseball America's annual Minor League Top 10 Prospects list. The 14 Sox honorees are tied for the fifth-most in baseball. Damn Kenny Williams and his questionable draft choices!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20041014&content_id=894494&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp

OEO Magglio
10-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Don't show the FOBB this, they might die of a heart attack. Either way I'll just throw this out here now because one of them is for sure to bring this up, most of these guys are at the lower minor leagues and we don't have a ton of major league ready prospects yet.

santo=dorf
10-14-2004, 09:44 PM
most of these guys are at the lower minor leagues and we don't have a ton of major league ready prospects yet.
I agree, which is why I would still give Ken Williams a vote of confidence for the next two years.

Rex Hudler
10-14-2004, 09:59 PM
The numbers are somewhat misleading.....

Two of the 14 have already been traded....

Two are duplicates (Anderson and McCarthy)...

Ten rather than 14 puts them in the middle of the pack.

munchman33
10-14-2004, 10:03 PM

Yes, but this is a far cry from the "barren" status Kenny Williams haters would lead you to believe.

munchman33
10-14-2004, 10:14 PM
Ray Liotta LHP Pioneer (R) 5th

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2231&stc=1&thumb=1
"My friends call me Shoeless."

nodiggity59
10-14-2004, 10:58 PM

Still, as for KWs abilities strictly AS A DRAFTER, this is a vote of confidence.

shagar69
10-14-2004, 11:56 PM
none of this means jack. who cares if they are on some prospect list. ill give KW his props when i see Bmac, anderson, and the rest of them contributing to the major league club. but yes, i guess, seeing them there is a little encouraging.

Randar68
10-15-2004, 01:49 AM
none of this means jack. who cares if they are on some prospect list. ill give KW his props when i see Bmac, anderson, and the rest of them contributing to the major league club. but yes, i guess, seeing them there is a little encouraging.
A self-serving philosophy? Never....

BLAH!

California Sox
10-15-2004, 02:18 AM
BA backs up what I've been saying about the Sox farm system all year. It's not the best we've ever seen it but it certainly isn't barren. And as far as what this says about KW as a drafter, I think it says nothing. GM's are not that involved in the draft. It shows that Doug Lauman, who drafted Reed, Anderson, Sweeney, Bmac, C Young, Brice, et al, was a pretty good drafter, but he was shown the door due to interoffice politics.

Rex Hudler
10-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Still, as for KWs abilities strictly AS A DRAFTER, this is a vote of confidence.
Williams doesn't do the drafting. In fact, aside from Billy Beane, most GM's have very little to do with the draft other than hiring the people who do it and some basic planning going in.