PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals vs. Astros: Who are you rooting for?

Iwritecode
10-14-2004, 03:13 PM
I doubt this will get the response the other poll did but I'm suprised nobody else has done it yet.

Personally, I'm torn. On one hand you've got the Cubs "arch rival" and on the other you've got the team that came out of nowhere to grab the WC while the Cubs choked it away. We win either way. :cool:

Clembasbal
10-14-2004, 03:17 PM
I hate it when Wild CArd teams win in the playoffs. Granted I rooted for the Marlins last year (playing against the Cubs), but I just hate it. It is not pure and the more often it happens, the more Ithink Selig will think about expanding the playoffs to more teams.

Then again, if the Cards win I think that Burly Mon might head there when he gets the chance because they are a winning team.

But hell, Go Cards! I just hate the Cubs soooo much!:angry:

Uncle_Patrick
10-14-2004, 03:43 PM
I'd like to see the Astros do it, just because they were all but written off by just about everyone, then turned it around and just went on a tear. But honestly, if the Cards win, my heart wouldn't be broken. I just have a slight preference for the Astros. I'll be rooting to the NL in the World Series no matter who gets there.

Iwritecode
10-14-2004, 03:44 PM
I hate it when Wild CArd teams win in the playoffs. Granted I rooted for the Marlins last year (playing against the Cubs), but I just hate it. It is not pure and the more often it happens, the more Ithink Selig will think about expanding the playoffs to more teams.

Then again, if the Cards win I think that Burly Mon might head there when he gets the chance because they are a winning team.

But hell, Go Cards! I just hate the Cubs soooo much!:angry:

But just think, had the WC been around in the 50's and 60's the Sox might not be #2 on the waiting list for a WS crown...

Would you feel the same way if the Sox managed to win a ring as the WC team?

JGarlandrules20
10-14-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm pulling for the Astros just because they basically came from no where to win the wildcard.

And because...Ausmus and Backe are adorable! heh..:redface:

Iwritecode
10-14-2004, 03:52 PM
And because...Ausmus and Backe are adorable! heh..:redface:

OK, that's the tie-breaker. I definetly have to pull for the Astros now.

:tongue:

Palehose Pete
10-14-2004, 03:54 PM
I have to pull for the Cards for a couple of reasons. One reason is that I don't think I could stomach all of the Clemens vs. the Yanks or Red Sox hype that would surely accompany the WS. The other is that our man Tony is managing the Cards and I want him to win a ring.

Chrisaway
10-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Go Cardinals! I met a Cardinals fan the other day and his 2nd favorite team was the Sox. We had a good conversation about baseball. Plus there's something about teams from Texas that gives me the jibblies.

CubKilla
10-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Cardinals

fusillirob1983
10-14-2004, 04:42 PM
I voted Cardinals for no reason in particular, but it doesn't matter to me who wins.

bafiarocks03
10-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Cardinals All The Way!!!!

dpbyron
10-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Cardinals. Although, I am in debt to the Stros' for destroying the Scrubs!

Nick@Nite
10-14-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't care as long as the National League wins the WS.

The only time I would ever say that is if the ALCS came down to another Yankees/Red Sox match up...

... 2004 ALCS, yawn!

SomebodyToldMe
10-14-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm going for the Cards. They have a place in my heart.

But if the Stros win, I wouldn't mind. But I'll be slightly hurt.

gobears1987
10-14-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm voting Cards, even though I like all NL Central teams that are not the Flubs. I can't forget the Cards killing them and having the Flubs blow that 8-2 lead and the misery the Flub fans suffered.

JB98
10-14-2004, 11:07 PM
I voted for the Cardinals. I think it would be hysterical if St. Louis won the World Series in the year that was supposed to be the "Guaranteed World Series season" on the North Side.

Huisj
10-14-2004, 11:21 PM
Cardinals. I like their team, they are great to watch. I like Tony LaRussa. Their fans hate the Cubs. I have a few pretty good friends here who are originally from St. Louis, and they are about the only people in GR that I can relate to because of our mutual hatred for Cubdome, which has swept Grand Rapids like a plague in recent years. Plus I went to a Cards game in August and had a great time--I was wearing my Sox hat, and got mostly positive comments from other fans.

However, if Houston wins, that's not so bad either.

bigfoot
10-15-2004, 06:24 AM
Cards, in 4 ....the 'stros have done their job, beating the Cobz. Enough of the Clemens/BoSox/NYY connection/showdown.

~Cards in 4 in the WS, let's get this thing over with....onto next season for a White Sox Winner!

longshot7
10-15-2004, 04:52 PM
I have to pull for the Cards for a couple of reasons. One reason is that I don't think I could stomach all of the Clemens vs. the Yanks or Red Sox hype that would surely accompany the WS. The other is that our man Tony is managing the Cards and I want him to win a ring.
Didn't he win one with the Athletics in 1989?

Baby Fisk
10-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Didn't he win one with the Athletics in 1989?He also won one in 1983... in the rich and vivid fantasy world inside my head. :cool: