PDA

View Full Version : Joey Cora and Jerry Manuel on list for Mets manager job.

Gosox1917
10-14-2004, 02:38 PM
According to the latest issue of Sports Weekly, Bob Nightengale reports that both Joey Cora and Jerry Manuel are on the list of candidates for the Mets managerial job. Cora is higher on the list and in fact, Manual is last. Among others up for the job are Rudy Jaramillo, Carlos Tosca, Willie Randolph, Jim Fergosi, Don Baylor, Kirk Gibson, and, no its not a misprint, Bobby Valentine.

Having said this, I would hate to see Cora leave due to the fact he was the most aggressive, yet successful, 3rd base coaches I've seen in a long time.

RKMeibalane
10-14-2004, 03:06 PM
The Mets won't hire Manuel. He would get eaten alive by the New York media because of the stupid comments he makes. Saying things such as "I like to tinker even though it usually doesn't work" would get him in trouble really fast. Besides, Manuel would be likely to have Mike Piazza playing centerfield at some point, just so he could see what happens.

Flight #24
10-14-2004, 03:50 PM
The Mets won't hire Manuel. He would get eaten alive by the New York media because of the stupid comments he makes. Saying things such as "I like to tinker even though it usually doesn't work" would get him in trouble really fast. Besides, Manuel would be likely to have Mike Piazza playing centerfield at some point, just so he could see what happens.:jerry
"All I know is - Mike better come ready to play"

:ozzie
"You should have me make out the f**in lineup!"