PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Article by Downey in the Trib.

shagar69
10-14-2004, 02:31 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-041013downey,1,5812254.column?coll=cs-home-utility
this is why the MLB is one of the dumbest Pro Sports Ogranizations. why the HELL would you schedule TWO playoff games at the SAME DAMN TIME! what the hell is the point of that!!?? Im sure that Almost ALL casual or hardcore baseball fans who arent a fan of any of the teams playing would like to see both games. why would you not schedule one game on a different day or at least change the timing. all they managed to do was lose money. Not to mention that the debate, which im sure many of the same people who watch the games care about, was on at the same time!!

bigfoot
10-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Now you know why MLB was so disappointed when the Angels/A's/Dodgers/Giants didn't make it into the LDS. With every team in the Central or East Time zone, either they play at the same time or the fans in StL/ Houston are left with a 10 o'clock start time. Why the games are on the same day and the same day as the Pres debate......I guess that's the importance that Fox Sports/NewsCorp, places upon the election of the Pres. Fairly Balanced?

Iwritecode
10-14-2004, 03:22 PM
Now you know why MLB was so disappointed when the Angels/A's/Dodgers/Giants didn't make it into the LDS. With every team in the Central or East Time zone, either they play at the same time or the fans in StL/ Houston are left with a 10 o'clock start time. Why the games are on the same day and the same day as the Pres debate......I guess that's the importance that Fox Sports/NewsCorp, places upon the election of the Pres. Fairly Balanced?

I seem to remember every single one of the Sox post-season games in 2000 started at 1:00...

Palehose13
10-14-2004, 03:58 PM
I was confused too. I assumed that one would be during the day and the other at night...and if 1pm is too early, what about a 3pm start time?