PDA

View Full Version : Good news on Sosa for Sox fans

gosox41
10-14-2004, 01:04 PM
According to today's Trib:

'The Mets reportedly are not interested in the services of Cubs outfielder Sammy Sosa, no matter what the price.'

Sosa and the Cubs belong together. Let's hope no other stupid team wants a cheating, wife abusing, gun carrying,strike out king, selfish, corked bat using, alleged steroid abusing 36 year old OFer who's best days are way behind him.

Bob

Soxzilla
10-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Don't worry, Baltimore will find some way to sign him.

They always do when it comes to washed up has beens who never again reach the potential they once had. :bandance:

RKMeibalane
10-14-2004, 01:09 PM

They always do when it comes to washed up has beens who never again reach the potential they once had. :bandance:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing that. The idea of Sosa trying to patroll the outfield at Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park is enough to make me laugh. Having said that, I would imagine that the O's would probably have him DH most of the time, since they are not bringing Palmeiro back for next season.

Baby Fisk
10-14-2004, 01:12 PM

They always do when it comes to washed up has beens who never again reach the potential they once had. :bandance:Baltimore Orioles Baseball: Where good careers go to die*

*Unless your last name is Ripken.**

**And your first name is Cal.

Lip Man 1
10-14-2004, 07:44 PM
It's like Ken Rosenthal of TSN told me, that if Minaya traded for Sosa he should immediately be fired.

Lip

Flight #24
10-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Would the O's really want Sosa at 36mil/2yrs when they could probably Sign Maggs at 50-60mil/4 years given the injury?

Soxzilla
10-14-2004, 08:43 PM
Would the O's really want Sosa at 36mil/2yrs when they could probably Sign Maggs at 50-60mil/4 years given the injury?
They'll probably try and sign both.

soxwon
10-14-2004, 09:24 PM
i hear sosa is coming to the white sox for magglio

Jjav829
10-14-2004, 09:27 PM
:rolling: :roflmao: That would be a good way to drive off about 3/4 of the current fan base.

soxwon
10-14-2004, 09:33 PM
:rolling: :roflmao: That would be a good way to drive off about 3/4 of the current fan base.

hey BETTER seats for ME lol!!!!!!!!!!!

MRKARNO
10-14-2004, 09:51 PM
Actually if Sosa's traded he's owed something like 43 mil over two because his '06 option is automatically invoked and an '07 option is added with it's own buyout. Also, Sosa is due 4.5 million in severance payments I think and it's all due at once from the new team if he's traded. Only the Rangers would be at all justified to do this deal and only if it involves Chan Ho Park going to the Cubs.

RKMeibalane
10-14-2004, 10:00 PM
:chunks

RKMeibalane
10-14-2004, 10:03 PM
I can see it now...

:hurt

(talking to reporters) "This year, we're going to focus more on doing the little things. Ozzie has had us in the batting cages, working on bunting."

:shammy

"Bunting-shmunting. This is my team and my show, Frank. Crank up the salsa music!"

*Steam rising from head*

:caballo :walnuts

"Have you noticed that Sammy's head takes up most of the clubhouse?"

"Yeah. I have."

gobears1987
10-14-2004, 10:22 PM

Nah, Tom Clancy owns them and he isn't a moron so he won't be going after Sosa.

bigfoot
10-14-2004, 11:58 PM
How much money is Angelos getting paid to stop yapping about the Wahington Expos violating his "turf"? He may have lots of $$$ to play with.

ma_deuce
10-15-2004, 02:50 AM
:chopper

Chopper, sic balls!

Lip Man 1
10-15-2004, 12:35 PM
GoBears says (for the second time that I can remember): "Tom Clancy owns them."

And for the second time Clancy does NOT own them. They are owned by Baltimore labor lawyer Peter Angelos. Clancy at one time owned a very small part of the club. I don't know if he still does.

Lip

RKMeibalane
10-15-2004, 12:48 PM

And for the second time Clancy does NOT own them. They are owned by Baltimore labor lawyer Peter Angelos. Clancy at one time owned a very small part of the club. I don't know if he still does.

Lip
Good call, Lip. I was waiting for someone to point out that mistake.

Soxzilla
10-15-2004, 05:52 PM

Lip
Shouldn't have said that. Now he's gonna sick rainbow six on your ass.

SSN721
10-16-2004, 10:22 AM
Nah, Tom Clancy owns them and he isn't a moron so he won't be going after Sosa.

Tom Clancy has a piece of the O's? I had no idea. He must know nothing about baseball or have no say in personnel considering the moves they have made the last few years.

gosox41
10-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Tom Clancy has a piece of the O's? I had no idea. He must know nothing about baseball or have no say in personnel considering the moves they have made the last few years.

I'm sure he's not making the final decisions as a minority shareholder.

Doesn't Geroge Will sit on the board of the Orioles? I thought he did earlier but don't know if he still does.

Bob