PDA

View Full Version : What's the speculation on Pedro?

Moses_Scurry
10-14-2004, 09:11 AM
I haven't heard anything really, but what is the speculation on Pedro this offseason? Who, besides the Yankees, are in the rumor mills? Is there any possible way KW would go after him? I would imagine that he'll make a token offer that will be dwarfed by the Yanks or Bosox, just so he can say he tried to get Pedro.

SSN721
10-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Theres no way I want him at this stage for the enormous amount of money he is going to be asking for. In the next couple years I dont see how he cant have an injury that could take him out for a large portion of or and entire season. I just dont see him being healthy enough to warrant a large contract.

Baby Fisk
10-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Why would the Yankees want Pedro next year? They own him already -- they are in his head and bleeding out of his ears. I can't see him going to the Bronx. The Yanks would probably pay to have him stay in Boston. I can see him ending up in Anaheim, where money grows on the palm trees all of a sudden.

gosox41
10-14-2004, 12:57 PM
I haven't heard anything really, but what is the speculation on Pedro this offseason? Who, besides the Yankees, are in the rumor mills? Is there any possible way KW would go after him? I would imagine that he'll make a token offer that will be dwarfed by the Yanks or Bosox, just so he can say he tried to get Pedro.
Pedro is a 100 pitch pitcher who is good for hopefully 6 innings. He's not worth the $10 mill. or so some sucker team will be willing to pay him.

Bob

RKMeibalane
10-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Pedro Martinez is still an excellent pitcher, but he appears to have lost the ability to bring "ace" stuff to the mound each start. He has been either solid or good in his last two starts, and he has certainly done his part to keep the Red Sox in both playoff games he has pitched. However, teams are no longer afraid of him, and I don't think anyone questions the fact that he is no longer the best pitcher on the Red Sox staff.

I don't know if Martinez will remain in Boston, but it's a safe bet that he will end up on a team that already has another number one starter. The Yankees and Angels are both possibilities. I could even see the Dodgers making a run at Pedro in order to further bolster their starting pitching, although they don't already have another big name starter. At this point in his career, Martinez is no longer a sure bet to win each of his starts, and that's not what teams want from an ace.

CubKilla
10-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Is there any possible way KW would go after him?
Stop the insanity!!!!!

KW might make a play. JR will NOT pay what Pedro will command.