PDA

View Full Version : Final 4 team Lineups

duke of dorwood
10-13-2004, 09:51 PM
The 4 teams left-laden with power hitters-seemingly never out of a game.

Meanwhile-the dolts at 35 & Shields try to sell us that getting rid of any power we have and filling out our line-up with "grinders" is what will make us competitive.

I dont want that-aint buying that-its just another excuse to be cheap.

How many miles away from these 4 teams are we?

Guillen and Williams are crapping us.

nodiggity59
10-13-2004, 10:08 PM

Meanwhile-the dolts at 35 & Shields try to sell us that getting rid of any power we have and filling out our line-up with "grinders" is what will make us competitive.

I agree with you. However, if you still believe we should keep the power hitters we already have, this "nucleus" we've had since 2000, you're nuts. They've proven time and again they are nowhere near the caliber of the power hitters playing in tonite's games.

Note: The numbers would seem to refute this, but then again the numbers say we should win our division every year based on run differential. Conclusion = the guys we have can't get it done when it counts.

pinwheels3530
10-14-2004, 02:37 AM

These are some of the most devastating line ups I have seen in the postseason, but the casual fan would never know that cause the cubbies aren't in the playoffs and everybody knows that the cubs had the best line up cause the media said so.......:rolleyes:

Iwritecode
10-14-2004, 11:27 AM
I agree with you. However, if you still believe we should keep the power hitters we already have, this "nucleus" we've had since 2000, you're nuts. They've proven time and again they are nowhere near the caliber of the power hitters playing in tonite's games.

Note: The numbers would seem to refute this, but then again the numbers say we should win our division every year based on run differential. Conclusion = the guys we have can't get it done when it counts.

One big difference between the Sox and the 4 teams in the playoffs: pitching.

Iwritecode
10-14-2004, 12:03 PM
One big difference between the Sox and the 4 teams in the playoffs: pitching.

I just looked at the stats. The Sox were 24th in MLB in ERA and 8th in MLB in runs allowed. I'm almost starting to wonder if having Frank and Maggs would have actually helped...

Amazingly the Yankees were 20th in ERA but must have made up for it with a ton of clutch hitting. Something the Sox haven't had since 2000.

The Cubs were 3rd in ERA but that's exatly what seemed to fail them down the stretch. Especially in those last series against the Mets and Reds. Well, that and the fact they couldn't score a run to save their lives. :wink: