PDA

View Full Version : Some More Bosox BS

shagar69
10-12-2004, 06:15 PM
this is why i hate the bosox as much as the scrubs and want the yanks to whoop their ass: today, they tore down Babe Ruth's old home in Massachussettes hoping that it will "end the curse". Just saw it on SC. these guys are no different than those morons at wrigley

HomeFish
10-12-2004, 06:17 PM
Disgustingly disrespectful.

SomebodyToldMe
10-12-2004, 06:31 PM
That's one of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard.

Just for this, I'm hoping the Babe is looking down and makes Fenway crumble down while the Bosox are at Yankthese stadium.

This is just stupid.

SoxFan76
10-12-2004, 06:47 PM
That is horrible, WOW. I can't believe that. Blowing up a ball is one thing, but tearing down one of the greatest baseball players ever's house? I hope they never win a game again.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-12-2004, 07:40 PM
this is why i hate the bosox as much as the scrubs and want the yanks to whoop their ass: today, they tore down Babe Ruth's old home in Massachussettes hoping that it will "end the curse". Just saw it on SC. these guys are no different than those morons at wrigley

:?: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dirty little *&^%$#@s!:cuss: :cuss:

i didnt think id EVER say this..but go yankees!

Uncle_Patrick
10-13-2004, 09:11 AM
Red Sox fans rival Cubs fans for moronic behavior. I kinda wish they would win the World Series so this curse B.S. would go away. I caught part of that HBO special on the Red Sox and the Curse of the Bambino last Saturday and it made me ill.

Baby Fisk
10-13-2004, 09:26 AM
What a bunch of idiots. I'm sorry, but these morons are on par with the Cubs now. It's sad that in the past few years the "Red Sox Nation" has stooped to the level of base stupidity like that. Can they even explain the point of tearing the house down? Was it haunted? Would that make the Babe forgive them? Rubes. :rolleyes: I can't believe this, but part of me wants the Yankees to beat Pedro like a sack of rotten potatoes tonight.

FireReinsdorf
10-13-2004, 09:53 AM
The funny thing about the Cubs and Bosox is there is no such thing as a curse. The curses are just a self fulfilling prophecy.

Palehose13
10-13-2004, 10:10 AM
As much as I hate doing it, I'm pulling for the Yankees this series. However, I want either NL team to win it all.

The Red Sox and their fans are just as nauseating as the cub fans. I can't take it and what makes it even worse for me is that usually the Red Sox are pretty good. I mean, they've been to the big dance post-1959, right? Hell, I'd be happy just to get there this decade.

Deadguy
10-13-2004, 10:58 AM
I grow tired of Red Sox fandom bellyaching. For all the whining about curses that they do, they have one of the most arrogant fan bases in all of baseball. I hope Pedro gets lit up (again) by the Yanks, in his final start before joining the Evil Empire. Another Yankees WS Championship, who cares? A Red Sox WS victory, we'll be hearing the boasting from the slums of the East Coast all the way until opening day.

Tekijawa
10-13-2004, 11:08 AM
How about the "Nomar and Bartman" Spoof before the game last night... I about threw up!

gosox41
10-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Most of the Red Sox fans make me sick. They remind me of Cub fans. I'm sick of hearing about their stupid curses.

I'm actually rooting for the Yankees this series. Tearing down Babe Ruth's old home now confirms my opinions of onnoxious Red Sox fans.

:kermit

Who's your daddy, Pedro?

Bob

Baby Fisk
10-13-2004, 11:14 AM
How about the "Nomar and Bartman" Spoof before the game last night... I about threw up!Yeah that was really sad. They keep scraping the bottom of that long-ago-emptied-out barrell. For fun, here's some headlines found on a BoSox (!) news site. These people are nuts.

SCHELLACKED! Yanks Add Insult to Injury

Schill Didn't Put Up, Now NY Won't Shut Up

HURT SCHILLING

Open and Shut Up Case

Schill Ill Ankle Throws Wrench into Sox Plan

Curt May Not Pitch Again if He Can't Help the Team

Sox Too Far Down to Come All the Way Back

Wake Runs Costly, Timlin Torched in Tight Game Again, Would D-Lowe Have Made a Difference Tito?

Francona Makes All the Wrong Pitching Moves

Nation in Shock, Bombers Crush Boston, Hopes 10-7

Same Old Story: Sox Get T-Shirts. Yanks Get Trophies.

:rolleyes:

TommyJohn
10-13-2004, 11:37 AM
Someone made the comment Gas Chamber or Electric Chair some days ago.
That's how I feel. I want the Yankees to win because of the incessant
bellyaching of Red Sox fans and the Fox network BS. But seriously, I don't
know if I can stomach all that curse bulljive. Incidentally, how do other
fanbases feel? Are we "jealous, bitter" Sox fans the only ones who are tired
of this crap? What about Phillie fans? Their team wrote the book on futility.
Their team went 97 years before they won their first world title. The Cubs
will only tie it. Astro fans? How do they feel?

I mean, is it right for us to feel this way? Or is it only because we are the
most jealous, mean, hateful, bitter, thuggish, criminal group of fans on the
face of the earth? I'm genuinely wondering.

HomeFish
10-13-2004, 12:05 PM
What about Phillie fans? Their team wrote the book on futility.
Their team went 97 years before they won their first world title. The Cubs
will only tie it.
There was a Phillie fan in the group that I watched the game with, and she was cheering for the Yankees.

She declared that the Yankees were about to put the game away the moment Timlin walked in. He is a former Phillie, it seems.

Dick Allen
10-13-2004, 01:48 PM
How about the "Nomar and Bartman" Spoof before the game last night... I about threw up!After the first 10 seconds, I quickly changed the station before I did something I would regret later.

davenicholson
10-13-2004, 03:01 PM
As much as I hate doing it, I'm pulling for the Yankees this series. However, I want either NL team to win it all.

The Red Sox and their fans are just as nauseating as the cub fans. I can't take it and what makes it even worse for me is that usually the Red Sox are pretty good. I mean, they've been to the big dance post-1959, right? Hell, I'd be happy just to get there this decade.Yep, I'm with ya on this, 13. I hate it when I have to cheer for the National League, but out of the four teams left, my order of preference for winning it all is: 1) Houston, 2) St. Louis, 3) No One.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-13-2004, 03:23 PM
do you guys notice something else? I dont know if its just me, but all the cubs fans are school are REDSAWKS fans! *yikes!* My GF is a redsox fan!:thud: The scrubbie fans are like "Yea im a Sox fan..a RED SOX fan! ahahah" :angry: :angry:

Well anyways i just thought i'd share that with you guys.

santo=dorf
10-13-2004, 04:27 PM
do you guys notice something else? I dont know if its just me, but all the cubs fans are school are REDSAWKS fans! *yikes!* My GF is a redsox fan!:thud: The scrubbie fans are like "Yea im a Sox fan..a RED SOX fan! ahahah" :angry: :angry:

Well anyways i just thought i'd share that with you guys.
It's not surprising. I saw a lot of that **** going on at the Cell on Elvis night.
Well the Cubs are just like the Red Sox, except for the fact that Boston has been to a couple of World Series since 1945, and they have been capable of putting back-to-back winning seasons together at least once in the past 30 years.

Uncle_Patrick
10-13-2004, 04:28 PM

Well anyways i just thought i'd share that with you guys.Since the mentality is the same, I doubt it takes much effort to go from rooting for the Cubs to rooting for the Red Sox.

1. Stupid curses? Check.
2. Old Stadium that is falling apart yet you reverve like it was the birthplace of Baseball? Check
3. Believe that your team is somehow entitled to a World Series championship despite their inablility to seal the deal? Check
4. Closest geographical rival wears pinstripes? Check
5. Celebrity fans make it "cool" to root for your team no matter where you are and no matter how much they suck? Check

I can't wait for the day when HBO Sports unveils its "Chicago Cubs: Curse Of The Billy Goat and Bartman" special when they interview Jim Belushi, John Cusack, Billy Corgan, and whatever other local celebrity moron they can find to talk about how they felt when the Cubs choked..., I'm sorry, I mean were cursed, with 5 outs to go in game 6 (forget the fact that they had a whole other game they could have won after that) and how "this should have been our year." Then the Cubs and Red Sox fans will really be the same.

LauraJ14
10-13-2004, 06:16 PM
What I heard was that it was the last house Ruth lived in in Mass. before he was traded and it was being torn down to put up a new housing develpoment not about getting rid of any "curse".

SaltyPretzel
10-14-2004, 10:17 AM
Here's an article about it: http://www.thekcrachannel.com/sports/3802877/detail.html:mad:

TommyJohn
10-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Isn't there a book out there called The Dumbing Down of America? If there
is, I heartily recommend a new, updated chapter on all of the Curse of the
Billy Goat's Farmerboy Boyfriend and The Curse of Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm
(or whatever) stuff. Come to think of it, you could fill a whole book with all
of it.

Before I get exiled to the Roadhouse, let me say that I am not pulling a Jason
and cursing everyone as stupid. Just the people who continue to buy into this
stuff, along with the media outlets who insist on selling everybody on it. What
I wouldn't give to see a few more cynical cranks like Mike Royko in the media,
rather than all these happy-talk Sportscenter guys.