PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the memories, Robin... and consider coming home.

ma_deuce
10-12-2004, 11:40 AM
He was asked if he would join Guillen's White Sox coaching staff of his ex-teammates like Harold Baines, Greg Walker and Joey Cora on the White Sox after his retirement. He said maybe, after spending time with his family

"I will always be connected with that group of guys," he said. "It does pull at you, wanting to go back.

"I will always feel like I'm a White Sox."http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-041011rowcorner,1,4524627.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Come on back, Robin. Nothing would make Mrs. Deuce more happy.

Deuce

Baby Fisk
10-12-2004, 12:13 PM
"I will always feel like I'm a White Sox." -- Robin VenturaThat just made my day. :bandance:

Brian26
10-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Ventura is the man.

Was reading something interesting about his career....if he would have foregone playing college ball and went right to the pro's, add another productive 4 years onto his career and stats...he may have finished with 2500+ hits, three more gold gloves, and maybe closer to being considered for the Hall of Fame. With the 58-game streak, he's a lock for the college hall of fame, but it's interesting to think about what could have happened if he went straight to the pros.

SomebodyToldMe
10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
That just made my day. :bandance:
Same here!

I want Robin back!!!

faneidde
10-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I'd almost take Ventura over Crede next year. Well, maybe not over a 162 game season, but on a given day, I'd put Robin at 3rd before Crede.

Foulke29
10-12-2004, 04:29 PM
God Bless Robin Ventura - my favorite player ever to wear a White Sox uniform.

OH!foracold1
10-12-2004, 04:49 PM
God Bless Robin Ventura - my favorite player ever to wear a White Sox uniform.
I have to 2nd that. Being a diehard sox fan since '59, number 23 was my all time favorite. That was a dark day indeed when the Sox let him walk after 10 years. CONGRATES ON A GREAT CAREER, ROBIN. You're a class act.

idseer
10-12-2004, 04:51 PM
"I will always feel like I'm a White Sox." -- Robin Ventura

he should have always BEEN a white sox! :mad:

Lip Man 1
10-12-2004, 05:01 PM
One of the stories in the nespaper today said that both Santana and Baines were probably off the coaching staff so perhaps there will be a place for him. Although Robin also said in one of the papers that he wanted to take some time off first before deciding if he wanted to get back into baseball.

Lip

TornLabrum
10-12-2004, 05:52 PM
One of the stories in the nespaper today said that both Santana and Baines were probably off the coaching staff so perhaps there will be a place for him. Although Robin also said in one of the papers that he wanted to take some time off first before deciding if he wanted to get back into baseball.

Lip
I nominate Robin for baserunning coach! :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

mrwag
10-13-2004, 11:46 AM
The only thing that'd make me happier would be to have Fisk come with him.