PDA

View Full Version : Pavano switching agents, doesn't want to pitch in NY.

santo=dorf
10-12-2004, 12:10 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/240670p-206418c.html

The Yankees and Mets can scratch Carl Pavano off their free agent lists. Pavano, who fired his previous agents at IMG and is said to be shifting to Ron Simon, has privately told friends he has no interest in pitching in New York. He is said to favor staying in Florida (if the Marlins get a stadium deal approved) or, failing that, staying east (as in the Orioles or Red Sox). Pavano is perhaps the best free agent pitcher out there.
I know it says he is in favor of staying east, but doesn't anyone know what JR relationship is like with Ron Simon? Are there any Sox players whomare represented by Ron Simon?

Jjav829
10-12-2004, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear he doesn't want to go to NY. Hopefully that helps lower his value. Seems like Ron Simon is mainly a Minnesota guy. Here's his bio. The only player I see that he currently represents is Brad Radke, which means he has two top of the top Free Agent pitchers if Pavano does switch.

Link (http://www.neilsheehy.com/html/ron_simon.html)

nodiggity59
10-12-2004, 01:13 AM
Hey, he knows Ozzie. Maybe he'll think about coming here. I mean, doesn't everyone want to play for Ozzie?

34 Inch Stick
10-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Nice, we are east of the Mississippi!

gosox41
10-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear he doesn't want to go to NY. Hopefully that helps lower his value. Seems like Ron Simon is mainly a Minnesota guy. Here's his bio. The only player I see that he currently represents is Brad Radke, which means he has two top of the top Free Agent pitchers if Pavano does switch.

Link (http://www.neilsheehy.com/html/ron_simon.html)
Can't say I'm surprised that Pavano doesn't want to pitch in NY. He doesn't seem to like the limelight. I read an article earlier this year where he made mention that one of the reasons him and Alyssa Milano broke up was because he didn't like all the attention when they went out.

If he signs with the Sox, him and Magglio can walk down Michigan Ave. together, and 98% of the people won't recognize either of them.

Bob

Flight #24
10-12-2004, 10:34 AM
Can't say I'm surprised that Pavano doesn't want to pitch in NY. He doesn't seem to like the limelight. I read an article earlier this year where he made mention that one of the reasons him and Alyssa Milano broke up was because he didn't like all the attention when they went out.

If he signs with the Sox, him and Magglio can walk down Michigan Ave. together, and 98% of the people won't recognize either of them.

Bob
At this point, he may be supporting Maggs on that "stroll"!

mantis1212
10-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey, he knows Ozzie. Maybe he'll think about coming here. I mean, doesn't everyone want to play for Ozzie?
That might have been true until Ozzie started praising Torii for running over our catcher.

Tekijawa
10-12-2004, 11:14 AM
That might have been true until Ozzie started praising Torii for running over our catcher.
He'd also have to Battle with Garland and Grilli for the fifth spot, and that's only if Schoenweisse isn't comming back too! I'm sure he'd rather go somewhere where he was guaranteed a starting spot!

DumpJerry
10-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Don't forget, Gammons said that JR offered to place us in the AL East to help out the O's.

If a player does not want the limelight, the Sox are the best place to go. Each day in the papers your team (the Sox) get a blurb about last night's game while we get reams of stories about what color jockstrap Scammy wore last night, how Steve Stone is killing the Flubs, how the Mayor is picking on God's Team over some minor blocks of concrete, how it's just not fair that other teams get called strikes when they are pitching to the Flubs, blah blah.....

Sounds like we have a match!:D: