PDA

View Full Version : soxwons"s season recap

soxwon
10-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Season Recap:
The Sox Sucked!!!!
Honestly After Minnesota Eliminated The Boys, The Sox Started Winning To Finish With A 83-79 Record.
The Year Started Out Great, The Sox Lead The Division In July, Fell Apart After The Allstar Game, Finnished Strong.
A Typical White Sox Season.
In His First Year As Manager, Ozzie Guiilen Was Very Vocal On How He Wanted His Team To Play, He Didnt Get The Results He Wanted.
After Torii Hunter Smacked Into Jamie Burke In Sept, The Sox Collapsed, Ozzie Said He Wanted His Team To Play Like Minnesota, Agressive And Hard, Alot Of The Players Didnt Like That Much.
He Also Said It Was Good For The Team To Be Eliminated By Minnesota At Sox Park " So They Can See What A Champion Team Looks Like" In So Many Words!!!
I Give Ozzie A B- On The Season, He Will Improve!!!

Highlights:
The Incredible Season Paul Konerko Had, Hitting 41 Home Runs, And Shutting Up His Critics, I Still Think Paul Hasn"t Reached His Peak Yet!!!
Aaron Rowands Excellent Season Hitting And In The Field, Really Coming Into His Own, And Showing He Belongs Among Baseballs Better Young Players.
Carlos Lees Much Improved Fielding And Another Great Year With The Bat. Carlos Was The Only A.l.outfielder With A Perfect Fielding Average.
Mark Buehrle's 16 Win Campaign, Showing He Is One Of Baseballs Finest Pitchers I Believe Thats 3 Years Of 15 Or More Wins In A Row.
Shingo Takatsu, Turning Into A Closer, And The Popularity Of "mr. Zero".
Continued Improvement From Juan Uribe, Willie Harris, Timo Perez, Ross Gload.

In The Middle:
Joe Borchard Starting Hitting Near The Tail End Of The Season, I See Joe Becoming A Real Threat Next Season, Some People Want Him Dealt, But I Would Wait A While Longer.
Also Joe Crede Had His Woe's, But I Still See Him As An Outstanding
Defensive 3b, And He Has The Potential To Hit 30-35 Homers, I Would Give Him Another Season.
I See Carl Everitt Coming Back In Shape, And Being A Major Player Next Season.
I Believe The Bullpen Of Marte-cotts-adkins-polite, With An Addition Or Two Will Be A Dominating Force Next Year.

Lowlights:
Foremost The Losses Of Frank Thomas And Magglio Ordonez From Roughly May Till The End Of The Season, Was Simply Too Much To Overcome, The Team Thrived For Awhile, But Take Your Top 2 Hitters Away From Any Team And Its Inevitable The Year Would Fail.
Magglio Wont Be Back, Frank Will But A November Surgery Pushes His Arrival Back To April Or May.
Joe Credes Strugles Continued, But As Written Earlier, I Think He Will Be Fine.
The Pitching Was A Roller Coaster Up And Down.
Jose Valentin Hit Homers But Was Deficit In The Field And In Moving Runners.
The Inexperience Also Played A Part In The Fall, As Ozzie Guillen Made A Few Rookie Mistakes, Especially In The Pitching Area.

Offseason:
I See The Sox Chasing And Signing Free Agent Carlos Beltran, To Play Center Field, Even Though He Is A Client Of The Much Despised Steve Boros, His Clients Never Sign With The Sox, But I Think That Will Change.
I Also See Carlos Lee Getting Traded For A # 1 Or 2 Starter, Which Would Give The Sox One Of Baseballs Best Starting 5 Pitchers.
Jose Valentin Is A Goner, As Is Magglio Ordonez.
I See Joe Borchard Coming Into His Own And Joe Crede.
The Sox Will Be Molded As An Oakland A's Type Ball Club, Winning With Defence And Strong Pitching, And Finally Playing The "small Ball" Ozzie Relishes
A Starting Pitcher One More Bullpen Man, A Center Fielder, And Perhaps Getting Omar Vizquel To Play Ss And Teach Youngster Wilson Valdez The Ropes.
I See Ben Davis Gaining Weight And Becoming A Top Notch Catcher
All In All I Believe The 2005 White Sox Will Be A Powerfull Team And A Leading Contender For The World Series.
This Team Is Only A Tweak Or Two Away From Winning It All.

Flight #24
10-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Offseason:
I See The Sox Chasing And Signing Free Agent Carlos Beltran, To Play Center Field, Even Though He Is A Client Of The Much Despised Steve Boros, His Clients Never Sign With The Sox, But I Think That Will Change.

I thought Steve Boros's only client was Jose Valentine?

kittle42
10-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Offseason:

Steve Boros sure is much-despised for someone who doesn't exist.

I See Joe Borchard Coming Into His Own And Joe Crede.
They sure will - as two of the biggest busts in recent memory.

I See Ben Davis Gaining Weight And Becoming A Top Notch Catcher
I think your crystal b(ong)all needs to be set aside.

All In All I Believe The 2005 White Sox Will Be A Powerfull Team And A Leading Contender For The World Series.
I feel they'll be amongst the top 30 teams in the majors.

kittle42
10-11-2004, 05:50 PM
POTW.

santo=dorf
10-11-2004, 06:06 PM
No, he represents Kerry Woods, Greg Maddox, and Erin Rowland. :rolleyes:

PavanoBeltran'05
10-11-2004, 06:10 PM
You guys are all complete jerks....which makes for some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. Keep up the good work!!!!:supernana:

soxwon
10-11-2004, 06:24 PM
welll excuse me boras, boros he's a jerk

why are some so pessimistic?

im totally optomistic, quit whinning, if you dont like support the team LEAVE!!!

kittle42
10-11-2004, 06:24 PM
You guys are all complete jerks....which makes for some of the funniest stuff I've ever read. Keep up the good work!!!!:supernana:
Some posters make it too easy to be a jerk! Oh, and I am a jerk by nature, anyway. :smile:

oldcomiskey
10-11-2004, 06:41 PM
I could honestly see us gaining a Bernie Williams if New York goes after Beltran
I could honestly see either Konerko and Lee being moved for a pitcher
I could honestly see Omar Visquel in a sox uniform next year
on the other hand
I could honestly see us with an outfield of Perez, Rowand and Everett
and infield of Crede, Uribe, harris and Gload

if that happens it will be like 10 years ago---we wont catch cleveland

I never did see how folks could be so enamored with Uribe--explain that one to me

PavanoBeltran'05
10-11-2004, 06:51 PM
I REALLY LIKE THIS NEW WAY OF RITING.

I HOPE THAT THE MANAGEMENT DOESN'T LET THE SOX GO WITHOUT MAKING SOME ADJUSTMENTS TO THE ROSTER.

I THINK OZZIE WOULD UP AND QUIT OR PITCH A BITCHFIT UNTIL THE SOX DID MAKE SOME MOVES IF THERE'S A SENTIMENT THAT THEY'RE NOT GOING TO CHANGE.
I THINK OZZIE KNOWS THERE'S GUYS ON THE TEAM THAT DON'T BELONG.
I THINK HE'LL TAKE KW BY THE NUTS AND GET IT DONE TO SOME DEGREE.
I THINK WE'LL BE A LITTLE BETTER NEXT YEAR.

at least i think i hope so.

kittle42
10-11-2004, 06:55 PM
I REALLY LIKE THIS NEW WAY OF RITING.
My IQ continues to dip after reading each successive post.

PavanoBeltran'05
10-11-2004, 06:56 PM
My IQ continues to dip after reading each successive post.It must be dipping, my friend, because you would be quick to point out that I do not make such mistakes without a bit of sarcasm involved.

PavanoBeltran'05
10-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Sox fans are the epitome of the word masochist, but we're not idiots.

kittle42
10-11-2004, 09:27 PM
It must be dipping, my friend, because you would be quick to point out that I do not make such mistakes without a bit of sarcasm involved.
Hence the teal, my friend. Teal=sarcasm.

PavanoBeltran'05
10-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Hence the teal, my friend. Teal=sarcasm.Much love.