PDA

View Full Version : Wave Wendell Bye Bye.

Grobber33
10-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Waving Wendell Kim is gone. The Cubs have dismissed him after two seasons as 3rd base coach(and others with Baker in SF). If anyone cares,I have the story and the Northsiders Coaching shakeups at www.grobber.com (http://www.grobber.com)

jackbrohamer
10-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Does that mean he's the team's official scapegoat for the '04 season? Are they going to blow him up at Harry Caray's Restaurant this winter?

Grobber33
10-11-2004, 03:44 PM
Oh, I think they can find about 30 different scapegoats from this year! That's just the first shoe dropping of enough shoes to satisfy Imelda Marcos(if she's still alive).

santo=dorf
10-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Grobber, is it true that the Cubs plan on exercising Alou's option for next year? The Cubbie MLB board says the Score and 1000 are reporting it.

Grobber33
10-11-2004, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=santo=dorf]Grobber, is it true that the Cubs plan on exercising Alou's option for next year? The Cubbie MLB board says the Score and 1000 are reporting it.[/QUOTE

It might be true,and if so,,,that could mean they are going to go all out to move Sosa after the fiasco of last week that has even his most loyal fans now pissed at him. Alou did well,but must quit griping at Umps everytime he's called out. Frankly,that team needs an enema!

Flight #24
10-11-2004, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=santo=dorf]Grobber, is it true that the Cubs plan on exercising Alou's option for next year? The Cubbie MLB board says the Score and 1000 are reporting it.[/QUOTE

It might be true,and if so,,,that could mean they are going to go all out to move Sosa after the fiasco of last week that has even his most loyal fans now pissed at him. Alou did well,but must quit griping at Umps everytime he's called out. Frankly,that team needs an enema!
Interesting, so combine that with the $$$ they'll have to pay to get someone to take Sammy off their hands, then add in raises to guys like Lee, Aramis, Wood, etc and any arb awards and the northsiders will need a pretty sizeable payroll bump to be in on the bidding for a Renteria or Beltran.

Grobber33
10-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Interesting, so combine that with the $$$ they'll have to pay to get someone to take Sammy off their hands, then add in raises to guys like Lee, Aramis, Wood, etc and any arb awards and the northsiders will need a pretty sizeable payroll bump to be in on the bidding for a Renteria or Beltran.
It wont be a boring offseason ON EITHER SIDE OF TOWN. The Sox have some work to do as well. The off season may be more interesting than the season itself!!!
My former team mate Murph on WSCR always complained the Cubs did nothing under McPhail from 1995 thru 1998. I dont think he'll have that complaint. Of course,when I had a show,I had those same complaints, it's just that when I bitch and moan these days--only my Dog Moose or my Girl Friend can hear me(and they dont want to,trust me!).

DrCrawdad
10-11-2004, 04:45 PM
NOTE TO GROBBER:

On your webpage you mentioned how the White Sox would have placed with their record IF the Sox were in the NL Central. Interesting that you didn't talk about how the Cubbies would have placed IF they were in the AL Central.

IF the Cubbies were in the AL Central, they would have finished in 2nd place 3 games behind the Twins. Wild Card? No shot! The Cubbies would have finished 9 games behind Boston in the Wild Card.

Grobber33
10-11-2004, 11:28 PM
NOTE TO GROBBER:

On your webpage you mentioned how the White Sox would have placed with their record IF the Sox were in the NL Central. Interesting that you didn't talk about how the Cubbies would have placed IF they were in the AL Central.

IF the Cubbies were in the AL Central, they would have finished in 2nd place 3 games behind the Twins. Wild Card? No shot! The Cubbies would have finished 9 games behind Boston in the Wild Card.
Agreed on the Wild Card---they did'nt deserve it in either league(not even the PCL). But we can now agree I think that the NL Central(with two teams in the NLCS)was stronger this year than the AL Central. The Twins were terriffic(should have beaten the Yanks,but blew 2 games),but not in the Cards or Astros class,and a few games better(record wise)than the Cubs who were the third best team in their Division.

Clembasbal
10-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Oh, I think they can find about 30 different scapegoats from this year! That's just the first shoe dropping of enough shoes to satisfy Imelda Marcos(if she's still alive).
We can add a few more to that list. The Cubs fired their training staff, the entire staff. I guess they caused the injuries, not steriods.

Grobber33
10-14-2004, 11:01 AM
We can add a few more to that list. The Cubs fired their training staff, the entire staff. I guess they caused the injuries, not steriods.
They have fired the head Trainer two years in a row!! YEEEESHH!!! THAT is grasping for straws big time. Nobody can claim I'm not honest when talking about that team. Right now they are the train wreck in 'THE FUGITIVE

Rocky Soprano
10-14-2004, 11:18 AM
If this is the second year in a row they do this, when will the finally start pointing fingers at Dusty?

StillMissOzzie
10-14-2004, 10:50 PM
They have fired the head Trainer two years in a row!! YEEEESHH!!! THAT is grasping for straws big time. Nobody can claim I'm not honest when talking about that team. Right now they are the train wreck in 'THE FUGITIVE
Yeah, the story I saw in the Sun-Times implies that the Cubs are blaming the training staff on all the long recovery times for Prior, Wood, Hollandsworth, Sneezy Sosa, etc. Running out of guys to blame yet?

SMO
:tongue: