PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite Sox minor leaguer?

santo=dorf
10-11-2004, 01:17 PM
I know alot of people (if they respond) will say Brandon McCarthy because of the numbers he put together last season, but is there a minor leaguer that you really want to see become successful at the major league level for a different reason?

I really want to see Arnie Munoz succeed because he is so little and I felt so bad for him when he made his debut in Montreal.

Randar68
10-11-2004, 01:55 PM
I know alot of people (if they respond) will say Brandon McCarthy because of the numbers he put together last season, but is there a minor leaguer that you really want to see become successful at the major league level for a different reason?

I really want to see Arnie Munoz succeed because he is so little and I felt so bad for him when he made his debut in Montreal.
There are a lot of "Great Guys" in the Sox Minor Leagues. Casey Rogowski is one of the most articulate and funny Minor Leaguers I've ever talked to, especially for a baseball player! Josh Fields, Valido, Chris Young... Chris Young just lights up the room and has everyone's attention...

Great young men to be around.

FAVORITE? Heck, how can you choose? Based on stats? Based on quality individuals?

santo=dorf
10-11-2004, 02:09 PM
FAVORITE? Heck, how can you choose? Based on stats? Based on quality individuals?
Just for some other reason besides stats. Maybe if you know the guy (I went to school with Deininger and my friends went to school with Honel,) or if you had a nice personal experience with the player. Like I said, I felt so bad for Arnie during his MLB debut, I really hope he does well in the MLB so he won't be remembered for giving up 11 runs in 3 IP.

RichFitztightly
10-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Brian Anderson was pretty cool to the fans down in Spring Training. I've been a fan of his ever since.

shagar69
10-11-2004, 02:47 PM
bmac, because we need SP

California Sox
10-11-2004, 06:15 PM
I hesitate because my favorite minor leaguers always get traded (see Reed, Jeremy) but I'm going with Anderson. He seemed like a loose, funny guy in the spring and he is one heck of an athlete.

Mohoney
10-16-2004, 04:40 PM
I kind of have a soft spot for Kris Honel. Catholic League pitcher, bright future, 1st round draft pick, etc.

I just hope that this injury can actually turn out to be a blessing in disguise by teaching the guy the meaning of adversity and perseverance before he even gets to the majors.

I would love to see this guy succeed. It would be a nice story for a Chicago area guy to overcome this stuff and contribute at the major league level with the White Sox.

Rex Hudler
10-16-2004, 07:18 PM
Anderson is great. Lots of guys are quality individuals. I can't pick a favorite but one guy I really root for though is Jeff Bajenaru. He is somewhat of an underdog and he is as humble as they come. Total class is how I would describe both him and his wife. Great people. Not a bonus baby. Not a sexy prospect. Just a guy that works hard and deserves a chance after getting his feet wet in September.

SoxFanTillDeath
10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
I know he's not really a prospect and he's injured right now, but I'd love to see Danny Wright figure out his issues and come up and push Jon Garland next year. A few years back when they were both starting together it seemed that Wright had better stuff and a stronger mentality than Garland did, and I've been rooting for him ever since.

I know he's been pathetic ever since, but no one said I had to pick someone with good stats.

crc#4

:bandance:

munchman33
10-18-2004, 01:19 PM
Ray Liotta

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2231&stc=1&thumb=1

"Not me!"

duke of dorwood
10-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Willie Harris

rdivaldi
10-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Even though I've seen very little of him, I'm going to say Chris Young. I love his aggressive attitude on the field and he has a world of talent. Kind of reminds me of Mike Cameron.

Soxheads
10-22-2004, 12:00 AM
Scott Bikowski......

schmitty9800
10-28-2004, 02:37 AM
Mike Spidale, because if he's called up I can say one of my good friends knows a major leaguer :). They played at Nazareth together.