PDA

View Full Version : Pure speculation

Kid Kip
10-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Does Robin Ventura have any desire to be Ozzie's bench coach?

Brian26
10-11-2004, 09:31 AM

Ha, cool idea.

I think Robin is pretty happy living out in California with his kids now, so I doubt he'll get back into the sport anytime soon.

Procol Harum
10-11-2004, 09:44 AM
And why would you want him? I can't see what he would bring to the coaching picnic--we've already suffered through one season with a non-communicative Sphinx in the bench coaches' job. Just because he's a good guy and an ex-Sox is no reason to push him for a position in this job, which is all that seems to count with some folks around here. I don't care if they hire a boatload of ex-Cubs or Yankees if they have the right stuff to bring a World Series banner to the South Side.

Tekijawa
10-11-2004, 10:38 AM
Steve Stone For Bench Coach!!!

infohawk
10-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Funny you should mention that. I had a similar thought several days ago. It would certainly fit the new effort by the Sox to bring former players back into the organization. I'm a little biased, though. Robin is my all-time favorite Sox player.

CubKilla
10-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Just because he's a good guy and an ex-Sox is no reason to push him for a position in this job, which is all that seems to count with some folks around here.
Fans would favor certain coaches based on their past ties to the current Organization. JR favors certain coaches based on how cheaply they work for.

Too bad neither has anything to do with getting the guy who's best qualified for the job.