PDA

View Full Version : Sox Fest 2005

Mots09
10-10-2004, 06:34 PM
On Whitesox.com they state that "For hotel reservations, which include free weekend SoxFest passes, call 312-565-1234."

There are going to be three people in the room, and the question I have is does 3 people get free weekend passes, or just the one person who checked out the room. If anyone has done this in the past, please let me know!

GO SOX GO

soxwon
10-10-2004, 07:07 PM
i believe and i could be wrong

is the person making the reservation gets two tickets per day for the fest.

so someone in the 3 would miss out.

but tix are only 15 bucks i believe

Mots09
10-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the info. We are poor college students, and I didn't know which way was cheaper. Rooms are 175 a night, but free tickets. I am thinking now we might stay at a hotel around it, and just buy tickets.

Anybody got any suggestions on nice hotels around it?

Soxzilla
10-10-2004, 09:58 PM
What day do tickets go on sale again?

soxwon
10-10-2004, 10:19 PM
im just curious on how they will sell single game tickets at soxfest?

the lines will be huge, it might be easier to go online and get them.

Rocklive99
10-10-2004, 10:26 PM
They don't sell single game tickets at SoxFest, unless this is something new (I couldn't make it last year, and have looked up the info for the next SoxFest)

FightingBillini
10-10-2004, 11:04 PM
SoxFest 2005 -- Jan. 14-16 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago
Tickets for SoxFest, the White Sox annual fan festival, go on sale Friday, October 15 at 10 a.m. CT at whitesox.com or by calling 866-SOX-GAME. For hotel reservations, which include free weekend SoxFest passes, call 312-565-1234. SoxFest offers fans the opportunity to meet their favorite current and former White Sox players, collect autographs, attend Q & A seminars, shop for unique White Sox and other sports memorabilia and more! The Hyatt Regency Chicago is located at 151 East Wacker Drive. http://whitesox.mlb.com/images/trans.gifhttp://whitesox.mlb.com/images/trans.gifhttp://whitesox.mlb.com/images/trans.gif

Brian26
10-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Anybody got any suggestions on nice hotels around it?
There are easily 20 hotels within walking distance of the Hyatt. Chances are, if you do your homework early, you can book a room for a night or two at a very good price.

soxwon
10-10-2004, 11:44 PM
They don't sell single game tickets at SoxFest, unless this is something new (I couldn't make it last year, and have looked up the info for the next SoxFest)

rock- they announced single game seats will go onsale at soxfest this year.including cubs-sox at the cell.
this is smart because only sox fans can get seats for our park.

StillMissOzzie
10-10-2004, 11:50 PM
There are easily 20 hotels within walking distance of the Hyatt. Chances are, if you do your homework early, you can book a room for a night or two at a very good price.
I suggest a trip to hotels.com, because they show you maps of where the hotels are, so you can gauge the distance yourself.

SMO
:gulp:

Rocklive99
10-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Oh, my fault then. Nice, that is a good idea for the Sox-Cubs games, but yeah the line is going to be crazy for that. Man, I hope they don't go back to those horrible Tickets.com computer machines though.

Foulke You
10-11-2004, 12:08 AM
On Whitesox.com they state that "For hotel reservations, which include free weekend SoxFest passes, call 312-565-1234."

There are going to be three people in the room, and the question I have is does 3 people get free weekend passes, or just the one person who checked out the room. If anyone has done this in the past, please let me know!

GO SOX GO
I don't know what the policy is this year but for last year's Sox Fest, I had just two people in the room (my girlfriend and me) and I was handed a bundle of 12 tickets, 4 tix for each day of Sox Fest.

HITMEN OF 77
10-11-2004, 02:10 AM
I like the fact you can buy game tickets at Soxfest this year. This is going to be an expensive weekend I can see.

Iwritecode
10-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I don't know what the policy is this year but for last year's Sox Fest, I had just two people in the room (my girlfriend and me) and I was handed a bundle of 12 tickets, 4 tix for each day of Sox Fest.
Yes, that's what it has been all the years that I've gone. You get 4 passes for each day (12 total) plus 4 regular season game tickets.

Even if you are only bringing two or three people, take all 4 for each day. There are always fellow sox fans looking for extra passes...

Iwritecode
10-11-2004, 02:32 PM
The cost of the passes are at least $30 a day. That's $120 per day if you bring 4 people. $480 total for all weekend.

The hotel package costs less than that. My advice? Stay at the Hyatt...

CubKilla
10-11-2004, 02:54 PM
rock- they announced single game seats will go onsale at soxfest this year.including cubs-sox at the cell.
this is smart because only sox fans can get seats for our park.
There are plenty of Cub fans that attend SoxFest..... including the Northside's favorite homeless crackhead..... Ronnie "Woo Woo" Wickers.

soxwon
10-11-2004, 05:38 PM
I like the fact you can buy game tickets at Soxfest this year. This is going to be an expensive weekend I can see.
i talked to my sox tix agent today- he BELIEVES that single game tickets would go onsale friday night.
so get your reservations fast.

ewokpelts
10-11-2004, 11:00 PM

GO SOX GOYou get 4 3day passes and 4 free tix to an april/may game.
Gene

ewokpelts
10-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the info. We are poor college students, and I didn't know which way was cheaper. Rooms are 175 a night, but free tickets. I am thinking now we might stay at a hotel around it, and just buy tickets.

Anybody got any suggestions on nice hotels around it?buy the 2 night package. It comes to under 300 bucks for the whole stay, and passes for soxfest, and game tickets.
Gene

ewokpelts
10-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Yes, that's what it has been all the years that I've gone. You get 4 passes for each day (12 total) plus 4 regular season game tickets.

Even if you are only bringing two or three people, take all 4 for each day. There are always fellow sox fans looking for extra passes...
I sold my extras to Hangar18 last year at or below face value.
Gene

TornLabrum
10-11-2004, 11:27 PM
buy the 2 night package. It comes to under 300 bucks for the whole stay, and passes for soxfest, and game tickets.
Gene
I got my tickets (double occupancy) today. The price quoted was $137 per night. That doesn't include any taxes.

HITMEN OF 77
10-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Last year my next door neighbor at Soxfest was none other than Ozzie Guillen.

StillMissOzzie
10-12-2004, 01:57 AM
The cost of the passes are at least $30 a day.
That sounds too high, IWC. I thought it was more like $15 for Friday & Sunday, a/c they are short days, and $20 for Saturday.

I understand tix go on sale Friday, but at what outlets? Just ticketmaster? At the Sox box office? At the Hyatt Regency?

The 2 day stay at the Hyatt sounds like a good deal, but it may still be out of my price range...

SMO
:(:

Iwritecode
10-12-2004, 10:31 AM
That sounds too high, IWC. I thought it was more like $15 for Friday & Sunday, a/c they are short days, and $20 for Saturday.

I understand tix go on sale Friday, but at what outlets? Just ticketmaster? At the Sox box office? At the Hyatt Regency?

The 2 day stay at the Hyatt sounds like a good deal, but it may still be out of my price range...

SMO
:(:

A was talking weekend passes. Which is a great deal considering single day passes are $15 a piece IIRC...

Check the Sox website the day they go on sale. They should either have a phone # or a website to get tickets.

Iwritecode
10-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Gene

Exacty. Then everybody wins! :D:

It's possible that I will need an extra weekend pass this year as well...

steff
10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Gene

Ya know what.. I'll buy them from you - even though I don't need them - just so Henry is forced to buy is own FULL price. I think Henry's gotten enough "free rides" from members of this board the last 6 months. :rolleyes:

Brian26
10-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Ya know what.. I'll buy them from you - even though I don't need them - just so Henry is forced to buy is own FULL price. I think Henry's gotten enough "free rides" from members of this board the last 6 months. :rolleyes:

LOL! There's an expression guys use regarding getting "blocked". Funny stuff...

steff
10-12-2004, 01:33 PM
LOL! There's an expression guys use regarding getting "blocked". Funny stuff...

I'm well aware... and a master "c" blocker... :wink:

ewokpelts
10-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Ya know what.. I'll buy them from you - even though I don't need them - just so Henry is forced to buy is own FULL price. I think Henry's gotten enough "free rides" from members of this board the last 6 months. :rolleyes:Steff, I didnt give them to him. I'm not sure, but he may have paid full price. He was with his nieces/nephews, so I may have knocked a couple bucks off. There was a game whee I got hima free ticket(which I also got free), but he jumped the gun and bought a ud ticket before I could get to the park.
Gene

Iwritecode
10-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Tickets are now on sale.

Weekend passes are $40, and daily tickets are $15 for Friday, $20 for Saturday and $15 for Sunday.

Two-night package is only $239 plus tax!!!

You just cannot beat the two-night deal. Once you figure the cost of 4 weekend passes and 4 regular season games you are just about getting the hotel room for free...

HITMEN OF 77
10-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Just made my reservations. They gave me the Soxfest rate for all 4 nights I will be staying there. Next step, buy plane tickets.

Mots09
10-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah no doubt the 2 night package at the Hyatt is the best deal. I got a great room with a great view, 4 three day passes, and 4 vouchers for home games all for 395.

:dtroll:

ewokpelts
10-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Just made my reservations. They gave me the Soxfest rate for all 4 nights I will be staying there. Next step, buy plane tickets.Hitmen, Did you get charged 137 a nite?
if anyone made a reservation prior to today, you may not be getting the 239 price. Call the hotel for the correct rate.
Gene

ewokpelts
10-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Yeah no doubt the 2 night package at the Hyatt is the best deal. I got a great room with a great view, 4 three day passes, and 4 vouchers for home games all for 395.

:dtroll:the 2 nite deal is 239.
Gene

TornLabrum
10-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Hitmen, Did you get charged 137 a nite?
if anyone made a reservation prior to today, you may not be getting the 239 price. Call the hotel for the correct rate.
Gene
I just called the Hyatt. They had quoted me the $137.00 rate when I made my reservation Monday afternoon. When they checked they told me I was on the 2-night rate at $239.00. So I imagine they did that automomatically.

HITMEN OF 77
10-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Hitmen, Did you get charged 137 a nite?
Gene
I think I was charged $112.00 a night, they gave me a break last year and this year since I was staying 4 nights instead of the normal 2 and they are surprised someone would travel 4200 miles round trip for Soxfest. With that extra $25.00 a day, it gives me some more drinking money at the atrium bar :gulp:

soxwon
10-16-2004, 09:35 PM
if you make a reservation are they just holding the room, or will they charge my credit card the full amount right away?

steff
10-16-2004, 10:39 PM
if you make a reservation are they just holding the room, or will they charge my credit card the full amount right away?

The don't charge you until you check out Sunday.

soxwon
10-17-2004, 12:00 AM
thanks steff see ya there

steff
10-17-2004, 09:38 AM
thanks steff see ya there

Can't wait. I've been practicing my finger waggin'.. LOL :D:

TornLabrum
10-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Can't wait. I've been practicing my finger waggin'.. LOL :D:
Just let me know what night you're planning on being at the Hawk and Kenny Show so I can see it this year. I missed it Friday night last time because I was manning the WCSF booth.

Brian26
10-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Just let me know what night you're planning on being at the Hawk and Kenny Show so I can see it this year. I missed it Friday night last time because I was manning the WCSF booth.
The sessions with Hawk and KW are honestly worth the price of admission alone.

Viva Magglio
10-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Unless you purchased some sort of advance pay rate (which many hotels now offer), your card is generally charged after you check out. The hotel uses the credit card number to guarantee your reservation.

Iwritecode
10-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Note to anyone bringing more that 2 people:

They charge $50 extra for additional people. The prices given on the Sox website is based on 2 people.

Why in the hell they give you 4 passes is beyond me...

manuelsucks
10-17-2004, 06:45 PM
The sessions with Hawk and KW are honestly worth the price of admission alone.
That really is true. I wish they would do something like that every month, but they know they would be under so much heat they wouldn't know what to do!

steff
10-17-2004, 11:40 PM

It will definitely be on Saturday night. Jim and I are returning from Cancun Friday night and coming to the Hyatt straight from the airport so unless we get an early enough flight we wont make it to the Friday session. I'll let you know if that changes.

TornLabrum
10-18-2004, 12:17 AM
It will definitely be on Saturday night. Jim and I are returning from Cancun Friday night and coming to the Hyatt straight from the airport so unless we get an early enough flight we wont make it to the Friday session. I'll let you know if that changes.
Cool. I'm not sure whether I'll be more than a party of one this year. Jeff is going into the hospital in three weeks for scoliosis surgery, and SoxFest is right about at the time he expects to be able to get out and about a bit.