PDA

View Full Version : Astros fading

HomeFish
10-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Blew a 5-2 lead today as Atlanta tied up the series.

As much as I strongly dislike the Braves, I think this series is as good as theirs. Who's starting for the two teams next?

JoseCanseco6969
10-10-2004, 05:09 PM

As much as I strongly dislike the Braves, I think this series is as good as theirs. Who's starting for the two teams next?
Yeah unfortunately the Braves should win and I'm out of a lot of money. I was hoping for a houston world series but with horrible managerial moves by garner, they have lost the edge. And yes, lets go yankees, beat those ******* red sox!

samram
10-10-2004, 05:22 PM

I think it's Oswalt v. Wright. Remember the Braves lost game 5 at home last year to the Cubs, so I wouldn't count the Astros out yet. Not to mention, Smoltz threw two innings today, which could affect him tomorrow.

SomebodyToldMe
10-10-2004, 05:27 PM
This hasn't been good. But I still have some hope in those Stros.

And the Cards need to finish those L.A. guys off today.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Dang it! I was watching the first part of the game and i said "this is over" because i thought that this was gunna be an easy victory for the Houstros. Boy was i proven wrong. What happened there Roger? Oh Well...I just hope the Houstros take the series. Go Go Houstros! :bandance:

SomebodyToldMe
10-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Dang it! I was watching the first part of the game and i said "this is over" because i thought that this was gunna be an easy victory for the Houstros. Boy was i proven wrong. What happened there Roger? Oh Well...I just hope the Houstros take the series. Go Go Houstros! :bandance:
Roger pitched great for the 5 innings he was in. He came out, and the bullpen ruined it.

SOXSINCE'70
10-10-2004, 06:38 PM
I think it's Oswalt v. Wright. Remember the Braves lost game 5 at home last year to the Cubs, so I wouldn't count the Astros out yet. Not to mention, Smoltz threw two innings today, which could affect him tomorrow.
It is.And the innings Smoltz has thrown may (or may not)
figure in this Series.I wish the 'Stros had put it away
when they had the chance.They ('Stros) are so much
like the Sox;when the pressure is on,they choke.:(: :(:

chisoxt
10-10-2004, 07:05 PM
Why did garner pull Lidge?

FightingBillini
10-10-2004, 07:19 PM
The Astros will win. This series has been earily similar to the Braves Cubs Series last year.

Game 1 - Astros/Cubs win on great pitching performance
Game 2 - Braves rally
Game 3 - Close, but Astros/Cubs win
Game 4 - close game, Braves pull away late, Smoltz almost gives it up in 9th.

Game 5 - Cubs win :mad: / Astros win :D:

MRKARNO
10-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Why did garner pull Lidge?

For a pinch hitter with 1st and 3rd, 2 out. A really good scoring chance when the Pinch hitter has an OBP of .344

Lip Man 1
10-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Clemens was pitching on short rest. I can not believe with his attitude that he said he was gassed and wanted out. Garner probably made that decision and it could cost him big time. However after the job he did just getting the Astros to the wild card, I'm sure he'll be back next season.

I wonder what Nolan Ryan who was sitting just behind home plate had to think about the move.

Lip

samram
10-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Clemens was pitching on short rest. I can not believe with his attitude that he said he was gassed and wanted out. Garner probably made that decision and it could cost him big time. However after the job he did just getting the Astros to the wild card, I'm sure he'll be back next season.

I wonder what Nolan Ryan who was sitting just behind home plate had to think about the move.

Lip
Yeah, I think Garner is showing why he had never managed a winning team until this season (unless he had one in his first year in Milwaukee, I can't remember). If you're only going to let Clemens go five, why not, with a 2-1 series lead, throw Munro or Hernandez, and have Clemens available for game 5 or game 1 of the LCS? Now, even if they win tonight, Clemens can't pitch until Friday, and Oswalt until Saturday, neither of which would be game 1 of the LCS. The Cards, OTOH, will have Williams, Marquis, Morris, and Suppan ready to go with full rest. It's not as big a deal for the Braves because there isn't as large a gap between their top 2 starters and the back of the rotation.

voodoochile
10-11-2004, 10:37 PM
8-2 Houston just now on a Bagwell 2-run jack in the 7th.

Fading my ass...:o:

WinningUgly!
10-11-2004, 10:58 PM
8-2 Houston just now on a Bagwell 2-run jack in the 7th.

Fading my ass...:o:
9-3 Stros, heading into the 8th.

duke of dorwood
10-11-2004, 11:07 PM
That's 10-3

duke of dorwood
10-11-2004, 11:10 PM
Now 12-3 wqith an ex-Flub chimimg in for Atl

MRKARNO
10-11-2004, 11:10 PM
That's 10-3

Don't you mean 12-3?? :D:

oeo
10-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Heh, don't you feel like a total moron now. I don't see the big deal about the loss yesterday, Atlanta was going to give up their season, they played hard just like any other team would and fought out a win.

Baby Fisk
10-12-2004, 09:53 AM
I love threads like these that make for great unintentional comedy later.

AAIIIEEEEE!!! THAT HOMEFISH SIG!!!! BURNING MY EYES!!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

JoseCanseco6969
10-12-2004, 10:10 AM
Yeah unfortunately the Braves should win and I'm out of a lot of money. I was hoping for a houston world series but with horrible managerial moves by garner, they have lost the edge. And yes, lets go yankees, beat those ******* red sox!
well I sure am glad i was WRONG!

marlins03
10-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Braves are out SWEET :):supernana::):supernana::)