PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Is Eating Crow For Breakfast Today!

Sox Mobile
10-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Once again Torii Hunter has woke up with his big foot stuck in his big mouth.

Before the series, he made remarks about how the Twins were not afraid of the Yankees and blah blah blah.

His total lack of respect for the game and his opponents didnt get him very far.

Torii's egg is not on his plate this morning, it's plastered to his face.

Magglios_Girl
10-10-2004, 09:37 AM
:roflmao: :neener: :roflmao:

SOXSINCE'70
10-10-2004, 10:17 AM
:roflmao: :neener: :roflmao:

I'll second it.The White Sox may have come up short in winning the A.L.
Central,but it's nice to see the "Evil Empire" do what must be done.
ELIMINATION WAS AS SWEET AS WATCHING THE SCRUBS COLLAPSE!!
:roflmao: :neener: :roflmao: :roflmao: :neener: :neener:

CubKilla
10-10-2004, 10:26 AM

Before the series, he made remarks about how the Twins were not afraid of the Yankees and blah blah blah.

His total lack of respect for the game and his opponents didnt get him very far.

Too bad when he talks smack about the White Sox he backs it up huh?

bigfoot
10-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Listen up JR,

Money talks,
Torii walks!

idseer
10-10-2004, 11:16 AM

everything you said is wrong.

saying you're not afraid of an opponent is exactly the way you should feel. he deserves respect for the way he felt, not derision. i don't recall him saying they will beat ny .... do you?

how does he show lack of respect for the game? .... answer? ... he doesn't.

you guys are like 4th graders going "nya nya nya-nya nhya to a player and a team that's better than yours.

fact is ... i think you're full of crap!

voodoochile
10-10-2004, 11:18 AM

saying you're not afraid of an opponent is exactly the way you should feel. he deserves respect for the way he felt, not derision. i don't recall him saying they will beat ny .... do you?

you guys are like 4th graders going "nya nya nya-nya nhya to a player and a team that's better than yours.

You've been awfully feisty recently. Something wrong in your personal life? Picking fights right and left with people over stuff.

What does the final sentence add to this conversation?:?:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-10-2004, 11:25 AM

:cower: :duck:

Lip Man 1
10-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Hunter has helped the Twins get to the playoffs three consecutive years. In the 100+ year history of the Chicago White Sox franchise they have never made the post season even two years in a row.

Just something to consider.

Lip

nodiggity59
10-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Comparison's between the White Sox and the Twins are SO pointless in this case. We're merely talking about the fact that Hunter is a disreputable punk who should keep his muth shut.

What does that have to do with the Sox?

Frankfan4life
10-10-2004, 03:07 PM
Hunter has helped the Twins get to the playoffs three consecutive years. In the 100+ year history of the Chicago White Sox franchise they have never made the post season even two years in a row.

Just something to consider.

LipI give the Twins their props. They have kicked our butts more often than I care to think about and they always field a competitive team. I do admire that. But they have proved that they are no match for the Yankees. The reason I'm glad the Yankees beat them is because I want the next AL Central World Series champs to be the Sox (no matter how long it takes).

idseer
10-10-2004, 03:08 PM
You've been awfully feisty recently. Something wrong in your personal life? Picking fights right and left with people over stuff.

What does the final sentence add to this conversation?:?:you're probably right about that final sentence, so i apologize to sox mobile. i guess you should be allowed to say anything you like no matter how crappy your motives are and no matter how wrong you are as long as it's about someone you don't know, or someone who doesn't post here.

voodoochile
10-10-2004, 03:30 PM
you're probably right about that final sentence, so i apologize to sox mobile. i guess you should be allowed to say anything you like no matter how crappy your motives are and no matter how wrong you are as long as it's about someone you don't know, or someone who posts here.
Now you are an expert on other people's motivations?

Okay... :whatever:

Basically, you are correct. We try to keep the name calling and other juvenile behavior to a minimum, but you already know all of that, so exactly why I am having this discussion with you is really beyond me.

Yeah, people are free to rip on players from opposing teams. It's a Sox site and the fans are allowed to be as biased as they want to be.

It's our little haven from all the crap out there...:rolleyes:

Talk about the posts, not the posters...

FightingBillini
10-10-2004, 03:33 PM

Actually, he DID say they were gonna beat the Yankees. He said something along the lines of "Look at who beat us last year: Clemens, Pettite, Wells. They are all gone. What Yankees pitching staff? They have none."

idseer
10-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Actually, he DID say they were gonna beat the Yankees. He said something along the lines of "Look at who beat us last year: Clemens, Pettite, Wells. They are all gone. What Yankees pitching staff? They have none."
i heard most of his remarks and didn't hear that. do you happen to have a link?

FightingBillini
10-10-2004, 04:21 PM
No, I saw the interview on ESPN. I dont remember all he said, but I remember he said specifically that the three starters who beat them last year in the playoffs werent with the Yankees, therefore they have no pitching.

idseer
10-10-2004, 05:04 PM
No, I saw the interview on ESPN. I dont remember all he said, but I remember he said specifically that the three starters who beat them last year in the playoffs werent with the Yankees, therefore they have no pitching.
then he only said what i heard several commentators say. after all ... it's true!
brown was iffy at best and everyone knows the yankee pitching is their problem area right now. but did he actually say "we will beat them"? if he did then you could say he should eat crow. if he merely said, 'i think we can beat them' then he's only saying what i'd like to hear the sox to say in their place.

soxwon
10-10-2004, 08:44 PM

Id give anything to have torii hunter, hes a dick, but man can he play.
he is prob the best defensive of in the league.