PDA

View Full Version : SoxFest 2005: Staying at the Hyatt Regency Chicago

Viva Magglio
10-09-2004, 11:58 PM
I do not know if anything has been announced by the White Sox as to the nightly Hyatt Regency Chicago rage for SoxFext 2005. However, I just called Hyatt's reservations line which told me that the nightly SoxFext rate starts at $137.00 per night. I should emphasize that this could be incorrect because hotel chains' national reservation centers do not always have correct information.

Nevertheless, as a Hyatt Gold Passport member, I was able to secure a nightly rate of $119.00 per night online. If you want to prepay for your stay, you currently can go as low as $114.00 per night. Whether you have to be a Gold Passport member to take advantage of this opportunity I do not know.

Of course, I should also caution that if you book a rate at the Hyatt that is not the White Sox rate, you would not receive your complimentary tickets to SoxFest. You would have to get them yourself separately.

Iwritecode
10-11-2004, 01:34 PM
I do not know if anything has been announced by the White Sox as to the nightly Hyatt Regency Chicago rage for SoxFext 2005. However, I just called Hyatt's reservations line which told me that the nightly SoxFext rate starts at $137.00 per night. I should emphasize that this could be incorrect because hotel chains' national reservation centers do not always have correct information.

Nevertheless, as a Hyatt Gold Passport member, I was able to secure a nightly rate of $119.00 per night online. If you want to prepay for your stay, you currently can go as low as $114.00 per night. Whether you have to be a Gold Passport member to take advantage of this opportunity I do not know.

Of course, I should also caution that if you book a rate at the Hyatt that is not the White Sox rate, you would not receive your complimentary tickets to SoxFest. You would have to get them yourself separately.
Why would you want to pay for the hotel and weekend passes seperate when the package deal is much MUCH cheaper?

ozzman
10-11-2004, 02:57 PM
I do tech support for Hyatt. All information coming from the central reservations people in Omaha should be correct as the packages are built in the hotel's property management system and then sent up to the reservations system.

steff
10-11-2004, 02:59 PM
I do tech support for Hyatt. All information coming from the central reservations people in Omaha should be correct as the packages are built in the hotel's property management system and then sent up to the reservations system.

Tell them to update then.. cause the resservation takers say it's not in the system.

ozzman
10-11-2004, 03:26 PM
If it is not showing in the system yet, the people at HRC have not built the package yet.

TornLabrum
10-11-2004, 03:37 PM
If it is not showing in the system yet, the people at HRC have not built the package yet.
Is it possible that it won't be until Friday when tix for SoxFest go on sale?