HomeFish
10-09-2004, 08:44 PM
NY Yankees 6, Minnesota 5, 11 innings

Stewart makes the final out.

:supernana: :supernana:

FightingBillini
10-09-2004, 08:45 PM
THEY GONE!

Now, for the love of god, change your sig.

Soxzilla
10-09-2004, 08:45 PM
:threadrules:

:twinslose

:payrod
"I make the *&$#ing paycheck"

OEO Magglio
10-09-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm not as happy as all you guys, I'm not very excited to have to go through another media circus over Bosox-yankees, imo the twins were the better team this year, but they choked and gardenhire got outmanaged.

Magglios_Girl
10-09-2004, 08:47 PM
TWINS LOSE! TWINS LOSE! TWINS LOSE! TWINS LOSE!:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Burlehe won his bet, the twins dont make it out of the first round!!

Soxzilla
The thing that scratches my balls is the fact that we could own both these teams with a healthy maggs and frank.

And **** if you don't think so, because your wrong.

SomebodyToldMe
YES!

Now comes another question: Yanks or Bosox?

dcb33
10-09-2004, 08:49 PM
That'll happen when you try to do it on the cheap. The Twins looked good until they needed to rely on a young unproven reliever (Rincon), average starting pitcher (Loshe, who wasn't even paying attention during the biggest inning of his career), and an old broken catcher (Borders- my God his attempt at that ball in the dirt was awful), and to no one's surprise, they failed to get the job done. They're a nice story and all, but I'm glad the YANKEES won. Now all they need to do is beat the Boston Red Cubs, I mean Red Sox....

wolcott10
:burly "I told ya!"

SomebodyToldMe
The thing that scratches my balls is the fact that we could own both these teams with a healthy maggs and frank.

Dude, I'd hate to say it, but stop living in the past. It's over. Done with. Only cub fans whine about the past.

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 08:50 PM
BoSox of couse, they got better pitching and they got manny and ortiz, it dont get much better than that.

HomeFish
THEY GONE!

Now, for the love of god, change your sig.

I will gladly do so after Boston is kept out of the World Series a second straight year.

Magglios_Girl
:burly "I told ya!":roflmao: LOL:roflmao:

Magglios_Girl
10-09-2004, 08:57 PM
I will gladly do so after Boston is kept out of the World Series a second straight year.
...and I will when the Cardinals beat your Yankees in the World Series :tongue:

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Wow, immagain the possibilyitys if the sox had a 100 million + to spend. Does that mean we woud be twice as good. We could win every game if we wanted to. lol.

HomeFish
10-09-2004, 08:59 PM

I'll cheer for the Cards if they play the Yankees in the series.

But first, the great evils located in Minnesota and Boston must be stopped. One down, one to go.

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Looks like your Cardinals are in a bit of a jam now, hah! jk, any enemy of the cubs is a friend of mine :D:

Magglios_Girl
10-09-2004, 09:02 PM
any enemy of the cubs is a friend of mine :D:Yep. And plus...they're a GREAT team.

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Ya know who a hate? CUBS FANS. AGREED?

Lip Man 1
10-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Soxzilla says: "The thing that scratches my balls is the fact that we could own both these teams with a healthy Maggs and Frank."

With respect.....sure we could!

Lip

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 09:12 PM
It sucks cause for the most part, my who school is notin but cubs fans. Whenever we get in arguements over who is better they all gang up on me and say "well who made it to the playoffs last year" for god sake, get a new line cause that is getting old

FightingBillini
10-09-2004, 09:12 PM
You mean for the 19th straight year?

Magglios_Girl
10-09-2004, 09:14 PM
It sucks cause for the most part, my who school is notin but cubs fans. Whenever we get in arguements over who is better they all gang up on me and say "well who made it to the playoffs last year" for god sake, get a new line cause that is getting old
Yeah that happens to me all the time. But when you get into an argument with only one of them, don't they give up so easily? They can't handle our intelligence. :tongue:

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 09:19 PM
So true, i guarentee i know more about the cubs that 99% of so called cub fans.

CubKilla
10-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Soxzilla says: "The thing that scratches my balls is the fact that we could own both these teams with a healthy Maggs and Frank."

LipNo kidding Lip. Losing records against all 4 AL playoff teams yet the White Sox would suddenly be the ones owning in the playoffs?

HA!

CubKilla
10-09-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm not as happy as all you guys, I'm not very excited to have to go through another media circus over Bosox-yankees, imo the twins were the better team this year, but they choked and gardenhire got outmanaged.
Me neither. Sox fans cheering for the Yankees? They might as well cheer for the Cubs too while they're at it.

doublem23
10-09-2004, 09:22 PM

Lip
Um, we did own the Twins early this year when we had a healthy line-up. But times were too good, so I'm sure you've just selectively forgot it.

You'll never convince me otherwise, that that 2004 White Sox would have cruised to a division crown if they had Maggs and Frank all year. We would have beaten out Minnesota by double digits.

Shingotime!!
Sox fans are fans of any team playing the cubs and twins

Magglios_Girl
So true, i guarentee i know more about the cubs that 99% of so called cub fans.
Ha! I know. I asked a cubs fan to name 3 cub outfielders. He said "umm...Sosa...?". Haha. That shows how much they know when a Sox fan knows more about their team then some of their fans do.

doublem23
Me neither. Sox fans cheering for the Yankees? They might as well cheer for the Cubs too while they're at it.
My hierachy of disgust...

1) Cubs
2) Red Sox
3) Yankees

It's not like I'm rooting for the Yankees as much as I'm rooting against Boston.

CubKilla
10-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Sox fans are fans of any team playing the cubs and twins
Whatever :rolleyes:

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 09:27 PM
My own sister is a cub fan. Everyday i quiz her and ask her questions bout the cubs. she ralely knows any of the answers but she is getting better. I would rather be the brother of a smart cubs fan than a brother of a dumb fareweather cubs fan who only knows sosa.

California Sox
10-09-2004, 09:39 PM
I can understand why the Cub/Red Sox parallel would sicken a lot of posters on this site, but think about it, what better way to end the dreary "Curse of the Bambino" talk than by having the Red Sox finally win? We'd never have to hear about it again! Also, I can't muster much sympathy for a team with a $170 million payroll and exactly half of all MLB players signe to $100 million+ contracts. On the other hand, if the Yanks don't win this series they'll sign Beltran for sure.

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 09:41 PM
I also hate of cubs fans always refer to them beatin us 4 out of 6 this year. I dont know bout you guys but we beat ourself those games.

Game 1 Errors killed us

Game 2 We killed em

Game 3 Killed em again

Game 4 They won fare en square

Game 5 Rain

Game 6 We walked in the winning run

Not to mention we beat Zambrano with Felix

Nick@Nite
10-09-2004, 09:47 PM
NY Yankees 6, Minnesota 5, 11 innings

Stewart makes the final out.

:supernana: :supernana:great :rolleyes:

Rooting for the NYY's is like rooting for Exxon to price gouge each time there's a war in the Middle East.

Frankfan4life
10-09-2004, 09:49 PM
:D: I'm happy, no, overjoyed that the Twins lost. The next World Series champs coming out of the AL Central should be the Sox!

santo=dorf
10-09-2004, 09:56 PM
great :rolleyes:

Rooting for the NYY's is like rooting for Exxon to price gouge each time there's a war in the Middle East.
The Yankees winning this postseason has little or no effect on us. Had the Twins won, they would have something else to shove in our faces. It disgusts me enough that they won our division, and I don't want them to win anymore.

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Agreed

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 10:08 PM
How long is Buehrle signed with the sox?

Nick@Nite
10-09-2004, 10:11 PM
The Yankees winning this postseason has little or no effect on us. Had the Twins won, they would have something else to shove in our faces. It disgusts me enough that they won our division, and I don't want them to win anymore.
Too me, rooting for the Twins to lose against the Yankees is small time, chump change. The Yankee persona oozes a mentality that the MLB sun rises and sets solely on them.

That is why the NYY's are called the evil empire.

That's disgusting, imo.

If the Twins were to have advanced, who gives a crap. They're the Twins.

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Biggest hates in Baseball

1 Cubs
2 Torrie Hunter
3 Twins
4 Yankees

Magglios_Girl
10-09-2004, 10:18 PM
'06

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Who has aim, if so whats your sn.

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Awsome, i wish baseball was like it was in the old days, how baseball players stayed with the same team there whole carrers. i would love to see Buehrle do that. He is such a great player, and personality in the club house. BUEHRLE RULES

santo=dorf
10-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Too me, rooting for the Twins to lose against the Yankees is small time, chump change. The Yankee persona oozes a mentality that the MLB sun rises and sets solely on them.

That is why the NYY's are called the evil empire.

That's disgusting, imo.

If the Twins were to have advanced, who gives a crap. They're the Twins.
Well I also give credit to the Yankess for getting me back into baseball in 1998 with their 114 win season. 7 of the 8 teams in the playoffs have big payrolls, and the only reason why the Twins are the sole small-market playoff team is due to them playing in the AL Central, where everyone has a small-medium payroll.

I would also love to see Loaiza and Gordon get a ring because they pitched their hearts out for us last season. I'll never forget reading about how FSN showed Tom Gordon sitting on the bench crying in game 3 last September in the garbage bag dome. I hate the Cubs, then the Twins, and then the Red Sox. GO YANKS!!!

LongLiveFisk
10-09-2004, 10:37 PM
Whenever we get in arguements over who is better they all gang up on me and say "well who made it to the playoffs last year"

Just say, "You mean the team that choked it away, as usual?"

Shingotime!!
10-09-2004, 10:41 PM
nice, good one!

MRKARNO
10-09-2004, 10:54 PM

Again for you: www.nyyfans.com

...and I will when the Cardinals beat your Yankees in the World Series

And for you: www.cardsclubhouse.com

MRKARNO
10-09-2004, 10:55 PM

2006 is guarenteed and there is an option for 2007 which at this rate we will happily excercize.

Magglios_Girl
10-09-2004, 11:02 PM
And for you: www.cardsclubhouse.com (http://www.cardsclubhouse.com)
???
Why should I go to their message board. We're talking about the Twins vs. Yankees game. It's not like we're writing this on the 'Sox Clubhouse' Forum. That's why we have the 'Talking Baseball' forum.

1951Campbell
10-09-2004, 11:35 PM
:burly "I told ya!"
My post exactly.

Toriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Hunter can now take up his winter job...good natured, good will ambassador/cruise director for MLB who is out of the post-season!

I live for early October tee times in the Twin Cities area!

soxcardsfan6
10-09-2004, 11:43 PM
Its the same story every year for the twins. they will surprise every one and when the first game in the postseason. Then they will make a cubby collapse and lose the next three.:D: Red Sox will beat the Yankees this year. They will somehow find a way to lose to the Cardinals in the World Series. Watch out for the twins next year. They have good pitching and good young players like Kubel, Morneau, and Hunter. :o:

C-Dawg
10-09-2004, 11:49 PM
As much as I hate the Twins, I really hoped they'd beat the Yankees since I am so bored seeing them in the Series this often. Now I'm hoping Boston can sweep them in 4 games....

Overall I'd like a St. Louis - Boston series this year.

StillMissOzzie
10-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Another Boston - New York ALCS. YAWN. While I understand and appreciate the "I Hate the Red Sox 'cuz of their fans" sentiment, I have hated the Yankmees for MUCH longer than any other team. Long before I was ever concerned with team history, obnoxious fans, the White Sox were always playing second fiddle to the Yankmees, so my hatred for them is undying.

In a rare cogent Moronotti story in today's Sun-Times, he suggests that Boston shipped their curse to the sCrUBS with Nomar. While I am not a believer in curses, I know enough sCrUB fans that do, so if they feel that they are now double-cursed, all the better. Having Boston go to the WS may just reinforce that thinking.

In the NL, the only team that I passionately dislike would be the Braves, for many of the same reasons that I have always disliked the Yanks. Their free-wheeling spending and undeserving fans who don't even come out for their NLDS games should go home unhappy. As for the Cards & Dodgers, I don't really care who wins here. The Dodgers have always been one of my favorite NL teams since early childhood (my FIRST T-ball team!), but I wouldn't mind the Cards winning either, if only to further annoy sCrUB fans. I must admit, it would be a laugh to have the top 2 NL Central teams fighting for the WS spot, further rubbing the sCrUB's noses in what could have been.

And so, with some apathy and some wishful thinking, I'm gonna predict:

Astros vs. Red Sox in the WS

SMO
:gulp:

pinwheels3530
10-10-2004, 05:28 AM

You tell him!!!!:D:

pinwheels3530
10-10-2004, 05:42 AM
The only team I care about coming out of the AL to win the World Series is my White Sox ........Screw the Yanks & BoSox ....Go Cardinals!!!!

Soxzilla
10-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Um, we did own the Twins early this year when we had a healthy line-up. But times were too good, so I'm sure you've just selectively forgot it.

You'll never convince me otherwise, that that 2004 White Sox would have cruised to a division crown if they had Maggs and Frank all year. We would have beaten out Minnesota by double digits.
THANK YOU DOUBLEM, finally someone that doesn't try and blind themselves to the fact we got royally shafted this season. I mean, come on, I know anything could happen. And I know that our sox could have crumbled with frank and maggs like they did just last season. But the 2003 sox didn't have the complete rotation that this season did (Loaiza can only go out every 5th day...and apparently he folded in the end...sooo) and the bullpen (I'll take shingo over both gordon and koch). The 2004 sox also had another Career year from carlos and a Career year from Konerko.

Now let's take a look at what happened between the twins and sox prior to our injuries...

Game 1 - Loss 2-3
Game 2 - Loss 1-4
Game 3 - Win 11-0

Game 4 - Win 10-3
Game 5 - Win 8-2
Game 6 - Loss 1-9
Game 7 - Win 17-7

Game 8 - Win 6-2
Game 9 - Win 9-6
Game 10 - Win 2-1

Hmm, I believe that is a record of 7-3, and we outscored them...67-37. And that is with AT least one of our big boppers.

Must be a coincidence.

Magglios_Girl
10-10-2004, 10:31 AM
The only team I care about coming out of the AL to win the World Series is my White Sox ........Screw the Yanks & BoSox ....Go Cardinals!!!!That's right. It's going to be boring to watch another Yankees Red Sox series. Let me guess, Jeter is going to start a fight with Manny this time? :rolleyes:
I hate the Twins and the last thing I need is for Twins fans to have something else to celebrate :angry: other than winning the division 3 years in a row :angry: :angry: :angry: .

Go Cardinals, Go White Sox (in '05:tongue: )

Shingotime!!
10-10-2004, 11:17 AM
I really dont want to see an the astros playing the cardnials. cub fans will just use that as an excuse why they didnt make it to the post season. "We didnt make it to the post season because we had good teams like the astros and the cardnials in our division" what they dont reallize is the mojority of there games are against there own division. They played the cardnials before they got hot. They didnt play the astros when they got hot except for the last couple of games(the cubs actualy caused the astros to get hot) and then they have a hell of alot of games with a brewer team with like a $30 million payrol and the pirates and cincinati. Thats alot of gurenteed wins for them. THe only team in our division that flat out sucks is the royals. And didnt they only have 6 more wins than us?

CubKilla
10-10-2004, 11:29 AM
I really dont want to see an the astros playing the cardnials. cub fans will just use that as an excuse why they didnt make it to the post season. "We didnt make it to the post season because we had good teams like the astros and the cardnials in our division" what they dont reallize is the mojority of there games are against there own division. They played the cardnials before they got hot. They didnt play the astros when they got hot except for the last couple of games(the cubs actualy caused the astros to get hot) and then they have a hell of alot of games with a brewer team with like a $30 million payrol and the pirates and cincinati. Thats alot of gurenteed wins for them. THe only team in our division that flat out sucks is the royals. And didnt they only have 6 more wins than us?
Who cares what Cub fans think? I want a 'Stros/Cards NLCS since both handed the Cubs their ass this summer..... albeit the 'Stros down the stretch but the Cards the entire season.

SoxEd
10-10-2004, 12:41 PM
I can understand why the Cub/Red Sox parallel would sicken a lot of posters on this site, but think about it, what better way to end the dreary "Curse of the Bambino" talk than by having the Red Sox finally win? We'd never have to hear about it again! Also, I can't muster much sympathy for a team with a $170 million payroll and exactly half of all MLB players signe to $100 million+ contracts. On the other hand, if the Yanks don't win this series they'll sign Beltran for sure.
Thinking about this one, you're right, I'm going to have to change my position on this year's postseason.

Let's hope the Wrong Sox win the ALCS, and then go on to win the WS - because then the media/MLB won't be wetting themselves about the prospect of a Red Sox vs Cubs WS in 2005.

If Boston beat the Yanks but lose in the WS, the 'Cursed Teams' lovefest/hype next year will be ratcheted back up to full blast (we even got it over here last year) next year. (Who do you think MLB/the media would want in with the 'Lovable Losers' then, instead of Boston? Somehow, I doubt it would be us.)

At least fans of the White Sox have no direct reason to hate the Carmines, whereas the Yankees...

TDog
10-10-2004, 01:06 PM
great :rolleyes:

In the same spirit, novelist James Michener said years ago that rooting for the Yankees would be like voting Republican.

Jerome
10-10-2004, 01:10 PM
YES!

Now comes another question: Yanks or Bosox?

Electric chair or gas chamber?

Magglios_Girl
10-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Electric chair or gas chamber?
Haha :roflmao:
...Exactly

ma-gaga
10-11-2004, 02:13 PM
THANK YOU DOUBLEM, finally someone that doesn't try and blind themselves to the fact we got royally shafted this season.
Must be a coincidence.Must be.

That's why they play the games. To see which team is better over the 162 game season. They don't rank the teams by "which team would've kicked ass if completely healthy and stuff"...

Gardenhire made two bad decisions against NYY:
1.) Leaving Nathan in for too long.
2.) Pulling Santana too quickly.

There were 4-5 other late inning substitutions that were vaguely questionable, but those two stood out. Both are easy "second guess" items. If they worked, he would've been a genius. They didn't, therefore he's a moron. That's baseball for you.

Now I get to root for the Red Sox vs Cardinals... And I really don't care which one of those two wins the WS. The Astros would be cool, but I'm not sure if they are going to get by Atlanta. As long as it's not the MFY's or Braves, I'll be happy. The Yankees represent everything that is wrong with baseball.

Soxzilla
10-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Must be.

That's why they play the games. To see which team is better over the 162 game season. They don't rank the teams by "which team would've kicked ass if completely healthy and stuff"...

Gardenhire made two bad decisions against NYY:
1.) Leaving Nathan in for too long.
2.) Pulling Santana too quickly.

There were 4-5 other late inning substitutions that were vaguely questionable, but those two stood out. Both are easy "second guess" items. If they worked, he would've been a genius. They didn't, therefore he's a moron. That's baseball for you.

Now I get to root for the Red Sox vs Cardinals... And I really don't care which one of those two wins the WS. The Astros would be cool, but I'm not sure if they are going to get by Atlanta. As long as it's not the MFY's or Braves, I'll be happy. The Yankees represent everything that is wrong with baseball.
What the hell does gardenhire have to do with anything I said? And what are you trying to 'argue' with me about? I know that is why the games are played.

...But that doesn't make this season any less of a shaft....

....sooooooo...what are you saying?:rolleyes:

santo=dorf
10-11-2004, 07:56 PM
What the hell does gardenhire have to do with anything I said? And what are you trying to 'argue' with me about? I know that is why the games are played.

...But that doesn't make this season any less of a shaft....

....sooooooo...what are you saying?:rolleyes:
He's a knowledgable Twins fan.