PDA

View Full Version : Back from the hospital...

doublem23
10-07-2001, 10:43 PM
... and I am GLAD that this season is over. I guess this is the 2nd of my iniational seasons of being a Sox fan ('94 was the first).... Ahh squashed dreams....

At least we can see the Mariners paste the Tribe

At least the Cubs folded like a cheap card table.

At least the Twins folded

At least Barry hit 70, 71, 72, and 73

At least ONE of our young pitchers developed.

charlie browned
10-07-2001, 11:07 PM
welcome back, doublem. I hope that the shadow of illness has left (or is leaving) you for a long time.
Unfortunately, the shadow of this season will last for a while....

doublem23
10-07-2001, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by charlie browned
welcome back, doublem. I hope that the shadow of illness has left (or is leaving) you for a long time.
Unfortunately, the shadow of this season will last for a while....

Thanx... Nothing big. I just had a goofy infection... Oh well, its not like I missed much... and I refuse to die without seeing my White Sox win it all!

Jerry_Manuel
10-07-2001, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
and I refuse to die without seeing my White Sox win it all!

I can see it now a 78 year old Doublem saying "I've been waiting for 145 years to see a World Series and I'm not going to die until I see one. :)

Boy if they can't win a Series within 60 years I don't even know what to say.

doublem23
10-07-2001, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I can see it now a 78 year old Doublem saying "I've been waiting for 145 years to see a World Series and I'm not going to die until I see one. :)

Boy if they can't win a Series within 60 years I don't even know what to say.

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Jeez... It's gonna be a LONG 60 years, JM.

At least I have the Bulls... no wait... Well, the Bears? Ooopss. Well, there's always the Hawks.... nope. Man, when they were handing out sports teams, I must have been taking a wizz.

Jerry_Manuel
10-07-2001, 11:52 PM
DAMN STRAIGHT!

Jeez... It's gonna be a LONG 60 years, JM.

At least I have the Bulls... no wait... Well, the Bears? Ooopss. Well, there's always the Hawks.... nope. Man, when they were handing out sports teams, I must have been taking a wizz.

Yeah but the Bears won in 85, the Bulls won 6 in 8 years. So it's not all bad. The Bears look pretty good thus far.

LongDistanceFan
10-08-2001, 06:31 AM
lets just hope the sCrubs don't win before the sox

LongDistanceFan
10-08-2001, 01:12 PM
... and I am GLAD that this season is over. I guess this is the 2nd of my iniational seasons of being a Sox fan ('94 was the first).... Ahh squashed dreams....

At least we can see the Mariners paste the Tribe

At least the Cubs folded like a cheap card table.

At least the Twins folded

At least Barry hit 70, 71, 72, and 73

At least ONE of our young pitchers developed. btw i hope that you are ok,,,,,,,,,, what did you have or you can't tell?

doublem23
10-08-2001, 07:06 PM
I'm fine. Apparently, my baseball cleats made my big toenial become ingrown, and then somehow I got a really bad infection under the nail... Luckily, I caught it fast enough, so I'm all good now. I was just in the hospital because apparently whatever was growing in my foot is a very lethal bacteria, but I caught mine early enough so no problems here.

At least now I get off of work for a few weeks so I can watch some baseball play-offs (It's the most wonderful time of the year....)... :)

danman31
10-08-2001, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by doublem23:

I think it's just a phase. We were given so many Bulls titles, the Bears were a contender until '95 and they won in '85. The Blackhawks were went to the Stanley Cup in '93 and they had that playoff streak. The Cubs, well they are the lovable losers as always but who cares? The Sox have been the mediocre team that pops up every now and again. I think it's just the sporting god's way of evening things out.

Oh yeah GO FIRE!!

LongDistanceFan
10-09-2001, 03:45 AM
I'm fine. Apparently, my baseball cleats made my big toenial become ingrown, and then somehow I got a really bad infection under the nail... Luckily, I caught it fast enough, so I'm all good now. I was just in the hospital because apparently whatever was growing in my foot is a very lethal bacteria, but I caught mine early enough so no problems here.

At least now I get off of work for a few weeks so I can watch some baseball play-offs (It's the most wonderful time of the year....)... is it me or does the men who plays sports always have terrible ingrown toenails?

Nellsin
10-09-2001, 03:33 PM
That or other scratches or openings on the feet (from athlete's foot or whatever) that can serve as entry points for staph, a lethal bacteria indeed, which likes to grow in locker rooms to boot. Glad you didn't ignore a sore toe Doublem and that you're OK now.