PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim...They Gone

Viva Magglio
10-08-2004, 07:23 PM
David Ortiz knocks the Angels out of the playoffs.

bafiarocks03
10-08-2004, 07:35 PM
David Ortiz knocks the Angels out of the playoffs.
YES!!!!!! GO BOSOX!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Foulke You
10-08-2004, 07:51 PM
I think this is the year the Bambino curse goes bye bye.

LongLiveFisk
10-08-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm looking forward to another Red Sox-Yankees battle. (Yes, I think the Twins will fold). Maybe this time the BoSox will prevail? Either way, what a series it would be! :bandance:

1951Campbell
10-08-2004, 10:25 PM
I think this is the year the Bambino curse goes bye bye.
:roflmao:

Red Sox fans will never let it happen. Nor will the players.

I don't believe in curses. But I do believe that baseball is the sport where what creeps into your head and what you can block out matters the most. All these BoSox players who say that the past doesn't matter, they don't read the papers...I don't buy it. Deep, deep down, they've internalized Pesky, Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner, Aaron Boone, and never winning a game seven. The weight of history will suffocate them.

And we'll be stuck with Updike, Kearns and Shaunessy treating the inevitable collapse as if it were as telling about human nature as Oedipus Rex or the Iliad. And lo, I shall barf yet again.

HomeFish
10-08-2004, 10:51 PM
I guess the Yankees will have to take them out again.

soxcardsfan6
10-08-2004, 10:58 PM
The only team that wil take the Red sox out are the Cardinals. the yankees pitching is just not good enough. The red Sox right now are the best American league team. :rolleyes:

HomeFish
10-08-2004, 11:01 PM
The only team that wil take the Red sox out are the Cardinals. the yankees pitching is just not good enough. The red Sox right now are the best American league team. :rolleyes:
We heard the same thing from Bostonians before the final Yankee/Boston series of the year.

Guess what...Yankees won.

California Sox
10-08-2004, 11:07 PM
They sure look like the best team in the league. Huge game for the Twins tomorrow. Santana, as Sox fans all know, can be other worldly, but I bet Vazquez shows up and throws a lot better than he did down the stretch. Just a feeling.

Oh, and I hung out with David Ortiz a few months ago, he's the greatest guy. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. I like it when good things happen to good people.

MRKARNO
10-08-2004, 11:08 PM
We heard the same thing from Bostonians before the final Yankee/Boston series of the year.

Here's a website for you:

www.nyyfans.com

The only team that wil take the Red sox out are the Cardinals. the yankees pitching is just not good enough. The red Sox right now are the best American league team.

And here's two for you:

www.redsoxnation.net
www.sonsofsamhorn.com

ChiSoxRowand
10-08-2004, 11:50 PM
I think the Red Sox are going to the world series. Don't count out the Twins yet, though. The Yankees still have to beat Santana and Radke.

doublem23
10-09-2004, 02:05 AM
Sigh... Once again I am reduced to rooting for the Yankees. On the grand scale of hatred, they're just a tad more likable than the Red Sox. Though, I guess I am not so much rooting for the Yanks as I am rooting against the Red Sox.

What a fitting end to Boston's season than for Alex Rodriguez to homer and end it a la Aaron Boone.

TDog
10-09-2004, 02:12 AM
Maybe Nomar took the curse with him.

Frankfan4life
10-09-2004, 04:14 AM
Didn't Felix Heredia scare the daylights out of you? What the heck was wrong with him?

Soxzilla
10-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Didn't Felix Heredia scare the daylights out of you? What the heck was wrong with him?
Heredia looks like an alien.

Brian26
10-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Scioscia was trying to pull a McKeon yesterday by bringing in Washburn as a reliever. Didn't quite work out though.

RKMeibalane
10-09-2004, 04:57 PM

No, they didn't. The final Red Sox/Yankees series was played at Fenway Park, from September 24-26. The Red Sox won two of the three games they played.

Soxzilla
10-09-2004, 05:31 PM
No, they didn't. The final Red Sox/Yankees series was played at Fenway Park, from September 24-26. The Red Sox won two of the three games they played.
http://www.artpad.org/gallery/storage/album06/oh_snap.jpg

RKMeibalane
10-10-2004, 02:47 PM
http://www.artpad.org/gallery/storage/album06/oh_snap.jpg
I wasn't trying to "bite his head off" with that comment. I only said that becuase I think it's important for one to know what he's talking about before he makes a post. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people who don't have their facts straight.

Soxzilla
10-10-2004, 03:28 PM
I wasn't trying to "bite his head off" with that comment. I only said that becuase I think it's important for one to know what he's talking about before he makes a post. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people who don't have their facts straight.
I know, but he's trying to spread his crap again, and you finally cut him down. Which makes me feel good.