PDA

View Full Version : Prior Calls Out Sosa

RKMeibalane
10-08-2004, 03:56 PM
The Drama in Cubbie-Land Continues (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1897617)

bigfoot
10-08-2004, 04:08 PM
~LOL~

Perhaps Prior should remember what he didn't do this past season? He didn't lead the Cubs to a playoff spot, he didn't pitch until June and sporadically after that. The graveyard of baseball pitchers is littered with "can't miss", sore-armed SuperStars. Will Prior become one of them? Or will his Achilles heel become, well...his Achilles heel? Sosa is prima donna enough for any team, I guess the Cubs do need another to come off the bench.

Baby Fisk
10-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Damn, this is getting good. Boy, that Dusty Baker sure is a unifying force. Freakin CLOWN SHOES!!! :cool:

Hangar18
10-08-2004, 04:10 PM
I think his Arrogance, The Messiah needs to keep his mouth shut

kittle42
10-08-2004, 04:42 PM
~LOL~

Perhaps Prior should remember what he didn't do this past season? He didn't lead the Cubs to a playoff spot, he didn't pitch until June and sporadically after that. The graveyard of baseball pitchers is littered with "can't miss", sore-armed SuperStars. Will Prior become one of them? Or will his Achilles heel become, well...his Achilles heel? Sosa is prima donna enough for any team, I guess the Cubs do need another to come off the bench.
He also made those children cry.

The Cubs are such a joke...I just wish the national media picked up on this as much as the local media does.

DumpJerry
10-08-2004, 05:09 PM
:bandance: :bandance: This is so excellent! The Flubs' own players and management are saying what we've been saying all these years about Mr. Teammate-of-the-Year. Except when we called him a self-centered jerk we were told we're jealous.........:angry:

Can't wait until the first time Slippery Scammy takes the field next year at the Urinal....standing "boovation.":D:

Baby Fisk
10-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Can't wait until the first time Slippery Scammy takes the field next year at the Urinal....standing "boovation.":D:
Boovations for Bouncin' Sammy? Surely there's some mistake here?! :cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-08-2004, 06:13 PM
this is awsome. i really hope sosa remains on the cubs, that would be awsome. he sucks so bad, and all the cubs fans i talk to think he's gunna be traded. even sosa's own commrades turned against 'im. First the fans, now the players. Splendid! :dtroll:

Jerko
10-08-2004, 08:21 PM
I never thought there was a person in the world that could make me take Scammy's side on anything. Then Prior opened his mouth................. As an ex-coach used to say: AHHHHHHH SHADDUP!

jordan23ventura
10-08-2004, 08:23 PM
this is awsome. i really hope sosa remains on the cubs, that would be awsome. he sucks so bad, and all the cubs fans i talk to think he's gunna be traded. even sosa's own commrades turned against 'im. First the fans, now the players. Splendid! :dtroll:
I don't get all the "Sosa will be traded" talk. Sure, the Cubs would do themselves a huge favor by dropping him, but who in their right mind is going to pick up Sosa and all his well-publicized bad behavior? And what about that contract? I doubt he could even play 1st base in the Majors, and he's definately not an OF. The only thing that would suit him would be DH, but even if the Cubs ate a huge portion of that contract, who would take the strikeout king even as a DH?

kittle42
10-08-2004, 08:57 PM
I don't get all the "Sosa will be traded" talk. Sure, the Cubs would do themselves a huge favor by dropping him, but who in their right mind is going to pick up Sosa and all his well-publicized bad behavior?
Yeah, because that has been such a barrier to teams picking players up.

DumpJerry
10-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Boovations for Bouncin' Sammy? Surely there's some mistake here?! :cool:A boy can dream, can't he?:rolleyes:

robertks61
10-08-2004, 10:18 PM
I don't get all the "Sosa will be traded" talk. Sure, the Cubs would do themselves a huge favor by dropping him, but who in their right mind is going to pick up Sosa and all his well-publicized bad behavior? And what about that contract? I doubt he could even play 1st base in the Majors, and he's definately not an OF. The only thing that would suit him would be DH, but even if the Cubs ate a huge portion of that contract, who would take the strikeout king even as a DH?
Who would want the stigma?

Daver
10-08-2004, 10:28 PM
Who would want the stigma?
The Washington Whatevers would kick off their existance with a bang by acquiring a player like Samme.

DumpJerry
10-08-2004, 10:37 PM
The Washington Whatevers would kick off their existance with a bang by acquiring a player like Samme.Yeah they could trade Carl Everett for him. No wait....someone did that already.....:angry:

RKMeibalane
10-08-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah they could trade Carl Everett for him. No wait....someone did that already.....:angry:
:KW

"Carl Everett is the greatest player of all time."

TornLabrum
10-08-2004, 10:51 PM
More to the point, who is going to pick up the $17 million dollars he will make next year and the $18 million he is guaranteed in 2006 if he is traded?

1951Campbell
10-08-2004, 11:30 PM
As much as I dislike Sammy, Prior should realize he was popping Advils and riding the pine until June, whereas Sammy was out there playing.

bigfoot
10-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Can't wait for the spin the Cubune puts the first Sosa comment next year, regarding the first time Prior gets lit up on the mound. "Mebbee Prior could jeeest peeetch and not wurry 'bout me." says Sam.

Jjav829
10-09-2004, 12:01 AM
As much as I dislike Sammy, Prior should realize he was popping Advils and riding the pine until June, whereas Sammy was out there playing.What does Prior's injury have to do with the fact that Sham-ME was in the wrong for leaving a game before it even started?

Sham-ME must have been taking a cue from Jon Rauch...

1951Campbell
10-09-2004, 12:17 AM
What does Prior's injury have to do with the fact that Sham-ME was in the wrong for leaving a game (http://begin2search.com/cgi-bin//ezlclk.fcgi?id=24) before it even started?

Sham-ME must have been taking a cue from Jon Rauch...
Oh, I'm not excusing Sammy's Rauch-like move...I'm just sayin' maybe the injured guy who doesn't play for a lot of the season should keep his trap shut. For example...should Grant Hill critcize other NBA players for not stepping up, seeing as he's played about 14 games in the last 7 years?

StillMissOzzie
10-09-2004, 12:23 AM
More to the point, who is going to pick up the $17 million dollars he will make next year and the $18 million he is guaranteed in 2006 if he is traded?
Not to mention the $4.5 million buyout for 2007 that comes with, too. For the arithmetically challenged, that's $39.5 million !!! That's the whole Milwaukee payroll !!

SMO
:gulp:

idseer
10-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Not to mention the $4.5 million buyout for 2007 that comes with, too. For the arithmetically challenged, that's $39.5 million !!! That's the whole Milwaukee payroll !!

SMO
:gulp:
if i'm not mistaken, the buyout is for '06. the club either keeps him and pays the 18 mil, or buys it out.

TornLabrum
10-09-2004, 10:18 AM
if i'm not mistaken, the buyout is for '06. the club either keeps him and pays the 18 mil, or buys it out.
You are correct, sir.