PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Astros-Braves Game 2 Thread

Jjav829
10-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Raul Chavez goes deep to put the Astros up 2-0. That means that in consecutive games, Brad Ausmus and Raul Chavez have homered. Wow...

Good to see Beltran homer yesterday. Where was that the last 3 weeks of the season? :?:

santo=dorf
10-07-2004, 06:22 PM
Brad Lidge is so awesome!

Not to sound like a Cubs fan here, but there are a lot of empty seats in Atlanta. Are these fans that spoiled, or do they not care about their team?

MRKARNO
10-07-2004, 06:29 PM
Atlanta is playing the game under protest due to something about Houston's use of the phone and the bullpen

Soxzilla
10-07-2004, 06:40 PM

Not to sound like a Cubs fan here, but there are a lot of empty seats in Atlanta. Are these fans that spoiled, or do they not care about their team?
Needless to say, they are used to winning...

........And then choking in the playoffs.

ZachAL
10-07-2004, 07:39 PM

Going to college here in ATL i've been to a few games, including some playoff games last year. They have been in the NLDS for so many years now that it isnt a big deal for them anymore, unlike it would be in Chicago. Funny story was when I was at Braves-Cubs game last year some stupid cubs fan was making fun of the braves the whole time and no braves fans cared. Then the same cubs fan said something along the lines of "the braves being almost as bad as the falcons" and everyone around me went nuts. Some little lady near me was like "oh no he didnt talk about the falcons like that" needless to say it was funny, and they love their falcons.
I feel like the whole southeast LOVES the braves, but in Atlanta being in the NLDS is just as common as opening day.

marlins03
10-07-2004, 07:47 PM
DIE BRAVES DIE :angry::angry:

santo=dorf
10-07-2004, 07:49 PM
Then the same cubs fan said something along the lines of "the braves being almost as bad as the falcons" and everyone around me went nuts. Some little lady near me was like "oh no he didnt talk about the falcons like that" needless to say it was funny, and they love their falcons.
I feel like the whole southeast LOVES the braves, but in Atlanta being in the NLDS is just as common as opening day.
I imagine it was probably the same "Cubs" fan that held up a "2004 WS Champs" sign in Atlanta too.
:rolling:
I just hope Braves fans don't think all Chicago baseball fans act like the work and class-ditching party boys last October. Luckily we have you to spread the good word. :gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-07-2004, 07:49 PM
i dont know about you guys, but i wanted the astros to win. :?:

soxcardsfan6
10-08-2004, 12:29 AM
i dont know why lidge wasnt throwing any fastballs. he threw breaking ball after breaking ball and got hit most notably by laroche. Miceli is not good. Astros will be lucky to win the series with backe and munro starting now.:mad: