PDA

View Full Version : Could new Scout Seats mean no more Stadium Club!

GiveMeSox
10-07-2004, 02:17 PM
I was just looking at the the new scout seat infor page at whitesox.com and it basically looks like what we have now in the stadiu club. There are buliding a new resturant, bar, lounge type facility unnderneath the seats within the stadium. It will have up the upmost luxury and class and be very nice. So this raises thee the qustion of why do we need this when we already have the exact same thing, the stadium club. Which brings about a whistle blowing in my head. I was in the stadium club during a game in May and a few of the employees, bartenders and waiters, were telling me they heard they were going to be doing some work in right field for next year. They heard there was going to be somesort of "porch" built in right field maybe connected to the existing stadium club now, or an entirely new structure. Putting 2 and 2 together are we seeing the stadium club essentially moved to scout seats and soon to experience a new attraction out there in RF. Maybe they are planniing on building something out there in Right and using what the stadium club is now for part of that. Who knows, but still it is somewhat interesting!

MRKARNO
10-07-2004, 02:41 PM
No because the restaurant for the Scout Seats is just for those people sitting there and season ticket holders sitting elsewhere still use the Stadium Club. I can pretty much guarentee that it's going nowhere this year at least.

Ol' No. 2
10-07-2004, 02:43 PM
No because the restaurant for the Scout Seats is just for those people sitting there and season ticket holders sitting elsewhere still use the Stadium Club. I can pretty much guarentee that it's going nowhere this year at least.I seem to recall hearing the Stadium Club was going to be expanded. Anyone else hear that? They sure could use more space.

pinwheels3530
10-07-2004, 02:54 PM
The rumor is that the Sox would take down the right field billboard that is next to the stadium club and put a mini-deck out there (a smaller version of a HR porch) at the end of the outfield concourse. HKSinc has a rendering on it's website but it's not official.

I think they should open up the stadium club to all fans take down the glass windows and make it a open area bar at each level. Maybe something called the Hooters deck, Hangar would certainly like that!!!:D:

ewokpelts
10-07-2004, 05:12 PM
I was just looking at the the new scout seat infor page at whitesox.com and it basically looks like what we have now in the stadiu club. There are buliding a new resturant, bar, lounge type facility unnderneath the seats within the stadium. It will have up the upmost luxury and class and be very nice. So this raises thee the qustion of why do we need this when we already have the exact same thing, the stadium club. Which brings about a whistle blowing in my head. I was in the stadium club during a game in May and a few of the employees, bartenders and waiters, were telling me they heard they were going to be doing some work in right field for next year. They heard there was going to be somesort of "porch" built in right field maybe connected to the existing stadium club now, or an entirely new structure. Putting 2 and 2 together are we seeing the stadium club essentially moved to scout seats and soon to experience a new attraction out there in RF. Maybe they are planniing on building something out there in Right and using what the stadium club is now for part of that. Who knows, but still it is somewhat interesting!Scout Seats restaurant is ONLY FOR SCOUT SEATS HOLDERS. Stadium Club is still for st holders that want to give jerry more money for nothing.
Gene

Realist
10-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Scout Seats restaurant is ONLY FOR SCOUT SEATS HOLDERS. Stadium Club is still for st holders that want to give jerry more money for nothing.
Gene
I don't think Uncle Jerry owns the Stadium Club. I think someone rents that space. Maybe even Letuce Entertain You Restaurants, or whatever the hell that corporation is called.

ewokpelts
10-07-2004, 06:41 PM
I don't think Uncle Jerry owns the Stadium Club. I think someone rents that space. Maybe even Letuce Entertain You Restaurants, or whatever the hell that corporation is called.levy runs the restaurant portion of the stadium club. jerry charges them to operate there. I dont pay levy to sit in the stadium club. I pay the sox ticket office.
Gene

batmanZoSo
10-07-2004, 06:55 PM
The rumor is that the Sox would take down the right field billboard that is next to the stadium club and put a mini-deck out there (a smaller version of a HR porch) at the end of the outfield concourse. HKSinc has a rendering on it's website but it's not official.

I think they should open up the stadium club to all fans take down the glass windows and make it a open area bar at each level. Maybe something called the Hooters deck, Hangar would certainly like that!!!:D:

I saw a pic that looked like it had a mini deck in right field, but it might have been a billboard. They need to get rid of all the billboards, not just one or just the corner ones. That'll look like patchwork, half-assed...not a real change.

Brian26
10-08-2004, 12:55 PM
HKSinc has a rendering on it's website but it's not official.

I went searching for this, and I think I found what you're talking about. Are you referencing the picture on the left side of the USCF page? I've never seen it before, but it just barely shows the right side of the proposed changes just left of the Stadium Club.

soxnut
10-08-2004, 03:20 PM
I went searching for this, and I think I found what you're talking about. Are you referencing the picture on the left side of the USCF page? I've never seen it before, but it just barely shows the right side of the proposed changes just left of the Stadium Club.
That picture has been up there since the '04 renovations were announced. I don't think anyone ever really paid any attention to it. (except a few of us).:wink:

In that picture it also looks like the lattice has been altered as well. It actually looks more open. And the billboards are somewhat more subtle. Also, if they do this, they are going to have to do something about the out-of-town scoreboard. If this whole thing happens, I hope that they put the out-of-town scoreboard on the "Centerfield Videoboard"--as it is now called. I really hope that happens, because as much as I like the quality of the videoscreen, to me it has left the CF Board very plain.:(:

batmanZoSo
10-08-2004, 08:38 PM
That picture has been up there since the '04 renovations were announced. I don't think anyone ever really paid any attention to it. (except a few of us).:wink:

In that picture it also looks like the lattice has been altered as well. It actually looks more open. And the billboards are somewhat more subtle. Also, if they do this, they are going to have to do something about the out-of-town scoreboard. If this whole thing happens, I hope that they put the out-of-town scoreboard on the "Centerfield Videoboard"--as it is now called. I really hope that happens, because as much as I like the quality of the videoscreen, to me it has left the CF Board very plain.:(:

I hate that they took everything off the CF scoreboard. I always look at it for the score and the time but I realize they're no longer on it. Now you have to scan the rim of the upper deck to find that little sign. I think the fan deck blocks the bottom part of the scoreboard, maybe that's why.