PDA

View Full Version : Sox On ESPN Classic

Lip Man 1
10-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Fans you can actually see what it looked like to have the Sox in a World Series as ESPN Classic is showing the 1959 World Series recap video beginning at 4PM (Chicago time) Saturday, October 9.

I know many of you don't believe this but you can see it with your own eyes!

That is all.

Lip

Ol' No. 2
10-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Fans you can actually see what it looked like to have the Sox in a World Series as ESPN Classic is showing the 1959 World Series recap video beginning at 4PM (Chicago time) Saturday, October 9.

That is all.

LipI may be one of the few here who actually did see it with my own eyes. I just hope to live long enough to see it again.

SOXSINCE'70
10-07-2004, 01:32 PM

That is all.

Lip
Make sure to enjoy it all with a glass of Larry Sherry.:D: :D: :D:

(Sherry won 3 of the 4 Dodger victories in relief,I believe,
as saves were in their infancy or not yet in existance).

CubKilla
10-07-2004, 01:59 PM
I just hope to live long enough to see it again.
Don't hold your breath under this ownership.

Nellie_Fox
10-07-2004, 02:09 PM
Boy, do I wish I had ESPN Classic. This is one I'd like to tape.

Paulwny
10-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Boy, do I wish I had ESPN Classic. This is one I'd like to tape.
I don't receive it either. I purchased a tape > 15 yrs ago. Too bad I didn't know that BETA recorders would become obsolete. I have a tape and can't watch it, life of a sox fan, something will always go wrong.

Paulwny
10-07-2004, 04:06 PM
I may be one of the few here who actually did see it with my own eyes. I just hope to live long enough to see it again.

We may live long enough, I just hope we're mentally fit to realize what's occurring.

DumpJerry
10-07-2004, 04:16 PM
I don't receive it either. I purchased a tape > 15 yrs ago. Too bad I didn't know that BETA recorders would become obsolete. I have a tape and can't watch it, life of a sox fan, something will always go wrong.Take it to a camera store. They might be able to convert to VHS or a DVD.

Lip Man 1
10-09-2004, 01:14 PM
If you watch this show be sure to pay particular attention to Jim Rivera's catch in Game #5, one of the greatest catches in series history. It saved the game and made possible a game six.

Also here are two links to the interviews with Billy Pierce and Jim Landis, if you'd like to learn more about 1959 from two athletes who experienced it first hand.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=2098

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=11&id=1546

Lip

santo=dorf
10-09-2004, 05:01 PM
And in typical ESPN fashion, they **** Sox fans over by showing the 1998 yearbook of the Vikings instead. :angry: :whiner: :mad:

:chunks

Ol' No. 2
10-09-2004, 05:02 PM

That is all.

LipHey! What gives??? That looks like Randy Moss? I don't remember him on the team.

Lip Man 1
10-09-2004, 08:41 PM
This is off the ESPN Classic web site. Got a problem? Talk to them...

Saturday, October 9
Complete schedule (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/schedule?date=20041009&network=18) (all times EST)

5 p.m. - Classic Sandy Koufax: 1959 World Series - Dodgers vs. White Sox

6 p.m. - Classic Sandy Koufax: SportsCentury - Sandy Koufax

7 p.m. - Classic Sandy Koufax: 1963 World Series - Dodgers vs. Yankees

8 p.m. - NBA Three-View: 1997 NBA Finals, Game 5 - Bulls at Jazz

10 p.m. - Cheap Seats: Wide World of Sports - Part IV

10:30 p.m. - Cheap Seats: Putt-Putt

11 p.m. - Classic NFL: Raiders at Bears (11/7/76)

11:30 p.m. - Classic NFL: Falcons at Cowboys (12/31/78)

Lip

santo=dorf
10-09-2004, 09:04 PM

Saturday, October 9
Complete schedule (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tvlistings/schedule?date=20041009&network=18) (all times EST)

Lip
We're not blaming you Lip. On the info bar that appears at the bottom of the screen, at 4 PM, it described game 6 of the 1959 World Series. I noticed that the next hour (6-7PM) was another Viqueens yearbook, and from 7-9 it's a Wolves-Celtics game from 2000. It must be some kind of Minnestoa weekend celebration. Go Figure. :rolleyes:

Ol' No. 2
10-10-2004, 12:11 PM

Saturday, October 9

LipIronically, if you click the link you posted, you get what they really showed. Go figure.:?:

PavanoBeltran'05
10-10-2004, 12:32 PM
We may live long enough, I just hope we're mentally fit to realize what's occurring.That's pretty freakin' funny.

Wsoxmike59
10-11-2004, 06:06 AM
I don't receive it either. I purchased a tape > 15 yrs ago. Too bad I didn't know that BETA recorders would become obsolete. I have a tape and can't watch it, life of a sox fan, something will always go wrong.My wife bought me a copy of the '59 World Series on VHS about 5-6 years ago from a place in Naperville called "Rare Sports Films" The owner specializes in old sports films, but he restores them back to their original color!!

Do a Google on Rare Sports Films and you should be able to find him on the 'net or in the Yellow Pages. He also sells on eBay.

Paulwny
10-11-2004, 06:19 PM
My wife bought me a copy of the '59 World Series on VHS about 5-6 years ago from a place in Naperville called "Rare Sports Films" The owner specializes in old sports films, but he restores them back to their original color!!

Do a Google on Rare Sports Films and you should be able to find him on the 'net or in the Yellow Pages. He also sells on eBay.

Thanks for the input from you and "Dump Jerry".
You're right on time. We're visiting our daughter and her family this Thurs. They live in Naperville. :D: