PDA

View Full Version : $87,400!!!!

Irishsox1
10-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Sosa makes $87,400 per game!!! Oh my God!!!! I want to puke! I guess I could of done the math before, but when you break it down like that!

Justafan
10-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Mere peanuts compared to A-Rod:smile:

bigfoot
10-07-2004, 12:37 PM
If you think that Sammy and A-Rod make a bundle, think of those that pay them!

hose
10-07-2004, 12:42 PM
"lets play two" cha-ching $$$$$

HomeFish
10-07-2004, 12:46 PM
I love it. Think of all the better ways they could spend that money.

Sosa is keeping the Accursed Ones down, and I think that its vital that he stay on that team. Otherwise, they could become even more dangerous.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-07-2004, 01:20 PM
$87,000 per game? That's roughly the revenue generated from getting one incremental busload to drive in from Iowa. Scammy packs in at least that many.
:cool:

:nandrolone
"And don't forget, all you Des Moiners! Every bus is equipped with a potty that is 100-times more sanitary than anything we have back in the D.R., or for that matter inside Wrigley Field, too. I recommend you just hold it for nine innings till you get back to the bus."

DumpJerry
10-07-2004, 03:20 PM
If I made that kind of money playing baseball (meaning working only 6 months a year!), I would not only have remained for the final game, but would have gone into the stands to shake every fans' hand and thank them for supporting the team (and its payroll).

I would also offer to babysit the fans' kids, wash their cars, mow their lawns and do whatever else is needed to keep them happy.

Maybe that is why I have to work for a living, wrong attitude......:?:

One clear signal this fine sends is that Scammy is good as gone.:D:

RKMeibalane
10-07-2004, 03:54 PM
:hurt

"Good. It's about time I got my city back."

Jjav829
10-07-2004, 04:01 PM

Baseball wise, possibly. As a whole this city belongs to Kirk Hinrich. :D:

Actually it probably belongs to Urlacher.

Tekijawa
10-07-2004, 04:12 PM
How, that's one monsterous contract to eat and especially with how bad he is... If Manny can't get traded with more production and about 4 million more a year... how are they going to get rid od Sosa?

Jjav829
10-07-2004, 04:21 PM
How, that's one monsterous contract to eat and especially with how bad he is... If Manny can't get traded with more production and about 4 million more a year... how are they going to get rid od Sosa?
Good point. Manny is one of the best (if not, the best) hitters of this era not named Bonds, and is at or near his peak. Sosa is an aging slugger, who is clearly on the downside of his career. Their defense is about the same. The biggest difference would be that Manny had about 5 years and $100 millon left whereas Sosa has only 2 years and $38 million left.

I hope they can't trade him. But if they do, I hope it is to the Rangers for Park and Soriano.

Justafan
10-07-2004, 04:30 PM
I hope they can't trade him. But if they do, I hope it is to the Rangers for Park and Soriano.
Why is that?

Jjav829
10-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Why is that?Park's contract is huge. It's worse than Sosa's considering their respective productivity. Park is due $14 million next year and $15 million in 2006. Soriano's contract is going to be big and he's Sosa in the making. No defense. Strikes out a lot due to his big swings. The only thing he'd add that Sosa doesn't is about 30 SB's. To me, that trade sets them back.

RKMeibalane
10-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Why is that?
You took the words right out of my mouth. I suppose it might be because neither club would benefit from the trade. Soriano has power, but he has no knowledge of the strike zone whatsoever. Park has never lived up to the expectations he brought with him from Korea when the Dodgers signed him in the early nineties. And as for Sosa... well, his bad attitude would only serve as a hinderance to the Rangers and their quest to overtake Anaheim and Oakland in the AL West. Plus, Sosa stands a good chance of being embarrassed by Oakland's "Big Three," even though Zito had off an year this season.

santo=dorf
10-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Good. I can't wait to see 20,000 Cubs fans with their Sosa jerseys next year at Wrigley saying; "Why is Sammy so skinny and pale? And why does it say 'Hollandsworth' on the back of his jersey?"

Flight #24
10-07-2004, 04:50 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth. I suppose it might be because neither club would benefit from the trade. Soriano has power, but he has no knowledge of the strike zone whatsoever. Park has never lived up to the expectations he brought with him from Korea when the Dodgers signed him in the early nineties. And as for Sosa... well, his bad attitude would only serve as a hinderance to the Rangers and their quest to overtake Anaheim and Oakland in the AL West. Plus, Sosa stands a good chance of being embarrassed by Oakland's "Big Three," even though Zito had off an year this season.
Little chance of that happening, I think the Rangers haven't forgotten how ARod's $$$ tied them down, and Sammy's nowhere near ARod. Plus, scoring runs hasn't exactly been a problem for them with Young, Soriano, Blalock, Teixeira, etc.

The more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that unless some GM is REALLY dumb or the Cubs eat a ton of that contract, they're not going to be able to move him. The one team that could take him on without blinking is the Yanks, and why exactly they'd decide to pay Scammy that $$$ for 2 years when they could sign Beltran for the same or less I can't fathom.

All of which is extremely good news for Sox fans.

DumpJerry
10-07-2004, 05:29 PM
How, that's one monsterous contract to eat and especially with how bad he is... If Manny can't get traded with more production and about 4 million more a year... how are they going to get rid od Sosa?The Tribune Company's action this week (releasing the security video showing he lied about when he left the game) topped off by the monster-sized fine has totally burned the bridges with Mr. Sensitive. I cannot imagine Mr. Teammate-of-the-Year feeling like he can ever step foot in the Flubs' clubhouse again unless the team is sold and all current management, from front office to Baker is gone. I'm sure a lot of the players would love to be alone with him with baseball bats that are not corked, too. I just cannot picture him in a Flubs' uniform again........

We got rid of Koch and his oversized (in proportion to his contribution) contract, the Flubs can do the same with Scammy's contract.

santo=dorf
10-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Karl Ravech is reporting that Sosa plans on filing a grievence. What a ****ing prick. He makes 17 million a year, leaves a game early, lies about it, gets caught on camera proving he was a liar, and now he upset that they're trying to take some of his money away. :whiner:

On a related note, when teams fine their players, doesn't the money usually go to charities?

:lynch&mcfail

"Is the Tribune's back pocket considered a 'charity?'"

Soxzilla
10-07-2004, 05:36 PM
You know the white sox need a RF for next year.

ewokpelts
10-07-2004, 05:43 PM

"Good. It's about time I got my city back.":maggs
Until I sign with the cubs Frank.

gobears1987
10-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Good. I can't wait to see 20,000 Cubs fans with their Sosa jerseys next year at Wrigley saying; "Why is Sammy so skinny and pale? And why does it say 'Hollandsworth' on the back of his jersey?" ROFLMAO:roflmao:

dcb33
10-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Good. I can't wait to see 20,000 Cubs fans with their Sosa jerseys next year at Wrigley saying; "Why is Sammy so skinny and pale? And why does it say 'Hollandsworth' on the back of his jersey?"Dude, don't joke about that too much. Although it's funny to watch Cubs fans make fools of themselves, Hollandsworth would be an upgrade both defensively and offensively over Sosa, he doesn't act like a baby, and he doesn't cost them 17mil/year to keep around...

Also, don't forget to include Hollandsworth's mullet in his description, as in, "Why is Sammy so skinny and pale? And why does he have that golden mullet? And why does it say Hollands... something or other on the back of his jersey?"

StillMissOzzie
10-08-2004, 02:13 AM
Sosa makes $87,400 per game!!! Oh my God!!!! I want to puke! I guess I could of done the math before, but when you break it down like that!
Ain't it the truth! When you hear numbers like $14 million (or whatever it was that the SOB earned for 2004), it's easy to get jaded by the stratospheric numbers, but I paid just a hair under that $87K for our house 19 years ago, and he could have bought it with one game's pay!

On the other hand, Shammy, you'd have to work almost 3 full games to buy it from me today, so there!

SMO
:angry:

pinwheels3530
10-08-2004, 03:22 AM

:moron

"NEVER not as long as I am around......I will some how find a way to make you look bad....I wake up every morning thinking of ways to keep this a Cubs town HA HA HA.....my words are gospel people!!!!!

DumpJerry
10-08-2004, 07:12 AM
:moron

"NEVER not as long as I am around......I will some how find a way to make you look bad....I wake up every morning thinking of ways to keep this a Cubs town HA HA HA.....my words are gospel people!!!!!:hurt
I'm sorry.....do I know you? Have we met? Are you someone significant? Would you like a free ticket to a game at Comiskey? I can arrange it for you.....