PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of trade....

WhiteSoxFan84
10-06-2004, 08:00 PM
This is completely hypothetical so please don't ask me for a source or where I heard it. I thought about this trade while I was dreaming about the perfect offseason the White Sox can have.

First, I thought about the Sox bringing in Carlos Beltran to take Magglio's spot. Now if the Astros win the World Series, I highly doubt Beltran will leave Houston. But I already saw a rumor in the Sporting News about the Sox probably being a player in the Beltran sweepstakes.

Then I thought about the Sox picking up Matt Clement who will more than likely leave the sCrUBS after a disappointing season which ended with him being taken out of the rotation without being notified.

After that, I came up with this possible trade; Joe Crede, Jon Garland, and Felix Diaz or another pitching prospect, to the Texas Rangers for Hank Blalock.

Texas is in desperate need of pitching and Garland alongside Diaz (or Arnie Munoz or Jason Grilli) would definately catch the eye of Tom Hicks, John Hart, and the rest of the Texas staff. Crede still has potential (I honestly can't wait any longer) and has shown he can hit 20-25 HRs constantly, which can possibly go up to 25-30 with him playing 81 games at the Ballpark in Arlington.

Blalock has already shown Sox fans how good he can be (GW home run at the 2003 All-Star off of Eric Gagne). Putting a solid lefty with power in the middle of the Sox lineup would be great. Imagine this trade taking place along with the Sox bringing in Beltran and Clement. Look at the projected Sox lineup and starting rotation...

1) Rowand - CF
2) Beltran - RF
3) Lee - LF
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Thomas - DH
6) Blalock - 3B
7) Uribe - SS
8) Davis - C
9) Harris - 2B

1) Buehrle
2) Garcia
3) Clement
4) Contreras
5) Grilli (or some scrub veteran who turns out to be the Esteban Loaiza of 2003 or Glendon Rusch of 2004)

Lineup looks LOADED. You have a top of the lineup in which speed and contact hitting won't be a problem. If Lee and Konerko can hit the way they did this year, they will easily drive in 120 runs a piece. All Thomas has to do is maintain that .400 OBP. Blalock can probably jack 25 HRs and hit around .275-.300. The bottom of the line up would just have to get an OBP over .300 and we can easily score 750-900 runs next year.

The pitching staff looks much better if Contreras is the 4th man instead of the 3rd man. 5th spot still looks iffy (assuming Garland is dealt for Blalock).

Now, what do you guys think of; 1) the trade itself, 2) the trade and the Beltran and Clement signings.

MRKARNO
10-06-2004, 08:10 PM
A. We're not going to have problems scoring runs and we never have since 2000

B. Where we do have problems is preventing runs. Clement is overrated and was utterly useless down the stretch this year. He has had one a two thirds of year which is worth giving him what he's going to be asking for. We're probably better off staying with Garland and getting someone else via FA instead of Jason Grilli

Soxfest
10-06-2004, 08:12 PM
Let someone else overpay for Mr C

Jjav829
10-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Sounds good. Then we can package Juan Uribe, Neal Cotts, and Arnie Munoz to the Yankees for Arod and $100 million. :rolleyes:

And with this thread the beginning of the ridiculous trade suggestions begins. Sorry, but if you are going to create a trade, at least make it somewhat reasonable. The Rangers are not going to trade Blalock unless they get a proven, quality starting pitcher.

DVsoxfan
10-06-2004, 08:21 PM
1: Beltran would play center and Rowand would play right.

2: Unlikely that Crede, Garland, and Diaz gets us Hank Blalock. Even if that'd be enough, they'd probably not give up Blalock.

3: I don't want Clement. There's better options out there for us. Clement has been a bit inconsistent, and we already have 2 inconsistent pitchers (Garland, Contreras). I'd really like to steal Radke, he's consistent and hardly ever walks anyone.

MRKARNO
10-06-2004, 08:25 PM
The Rangers are looking to get rid of the high-priced Soriano and Chan Ho Park. Want both of them in exchange for Carlos Lee, Diaz and Cotts?

batmanZoSo
10-06-2004, 08:26 PM
This is completely hypothetical so please don't ask me for a source or where I heard it. I thought about this trade while I was dreaming about the perfect offseason the White Sox can have.

First, I thought about the Sox bringing in Carlos Beltran to take Magglio's spot. Now if the Astros win the World Series, I highly doubt Beltran will leave Houston. But I already saw a rumor in the Sporting News about the Sox probably being a player in the Beltran sweepstakes.

Then I thought about the Sox picking up Matt Clement who will more than likely leave the sCrUBS after a disappointing season which ended with him being taken out of the rotation without being notified.

After that, I came up with this possible trade; Joe Crede, Jon Garland, and Felix Diaz or another pitching prospect, to the Texas Rangers for Hank Blalock.

Texas is in desperate need of pitching and Garland alongside Diaz (or Arnie Munoz or Jason Grilli) would definately catch the eye of Tom Hicks, John Hart, and the rest of the Texas staff. Crede still has potential (I honestly can't wait any longer) and has shown he can hit 20-25 HRs constantly, which can possibly go up to 25-30 with him playing 81 games at the Ballpark in Arlington.

Blalock has already shown Sox fans how good he can be (GW home run at the 2003 All-Star off of Eric Gagne). Putting a solid lefty with power in the middle of the Sox lineup would be great. Imagine this trade taking place along with the Sox bringing in Beltran and Clement. Look at the projected Sox lineup and starting rotation...

1) Rowand - CF
2) Beltran - RF
3) Lee - LF
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Thomas - DH
6) Blalock - 3B
7) Uribe - SS
8) Davis - C
9) Harris - 2B

1) Buehrle
2) Garcia
3) Clement
4) Contreras
5) Grilli (or some scrub veteran who turns out to be the Esteban Loaiza of 2003 or Glendon Rusch of 2004)

Lineup looks LOADED. You have a top of the lineup in which speed and contact hitting won't be a problem. If Lee and Konerko can hit the way they did this year, they will easily drive in 120 runs a piece. All Thomas has to do is maintain that .400 OBP. Blalock can probably jack 25 HRs and hit around .275-.300. The bottom of the line up would just have to get an OBP over .300 and we can easily score 750-900 runs next year.

The pitching staff looks much better if Contreras is the 4th man instead of the 3rd man. 5th spot still looks iffy (assuming Garland is dealt for Blalock).

Now, what do you guys think of; 1) the trade itself, 2) the trade and the Beltran and Clement signings.

I don't know why in the world Texas would trade Blalock, their number one guy, to get Garland who's mediocre, Crede, who's barely a big leaguer much less Blalock's replacement, and a nonspectacular minor league pitcher. It would be a great trade for us. Blalock is exactly what we could use being a left handed power hitter and he would fill the Ordonez/Konerko void. But it's just too unrealistic to even talk about.

While we're dreaming I would rather have Pavano than Clement.

Mohoney
10-06-2004, 08:47 PM
How much would Carl Pavano cost as opposed to Russ Ortiz?

I would be happy with either, or Odalis Perez, or trade Neal Cotts, Felix Diaz, Jason Grilli and a PTBNL for Ben Sheets while the Brewers fret over his arbitration cost

I mean, we are dreaming here, right?

nodiggity59
10-06-2004, 09:23 PM
How much would Carl Pavano cost as opposed to Russ Ortiz?

I would be happy with either, or Odalis Perez, or trade Neal Cotts, Felix Diaz, Jason Grilli and a PTBNL for Ben Sheets while the Brewers fret over his arbitration cost

I mean, we are dreaming here, right?
Thats one thing I thought about and was mentioned around the time we got Freddy, but I doubt the new owner there wil do it now. He wouldn't want to alienate the miniscule fanbase they still have.

mdep524
10-06-2004, 09:32 PM
3: I don't want Clement. There's better options out there for us. Clement has been a bit inconsistent, and we already have 2 inconsistent pitchers (Garland, Contreras). I'd really like to steal Radke, he's consistent and hardly ever walks anyone.
Clement is overrated. I don't want anything to do with him. While Pavano is unrealistic, Brad Radke and Odalis Perez should be the Sox' offseason pitching FA targets, IMO.

kittle42
10-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Yay, the offseason has started.

shagar69
10-06-2004, 10:03 PM

1) Rowand - CF
2) Beltran - RF
3) Lee - LF
4) Konerko - 1B
5) Thomas - DH
6) Blalock - 3B
7) Uribe - SS
8) Davis - C
9) Harris - 2B

1) Buehrle
2) Garcia
3) Clement
4) Contreras

man you started drinkin early tonite huh?? :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: im gonna go out on a HUGE limb and say that the rangers want to keep blalock