PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fined by City of Chicago

Fenway
10-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Cubs Began Repairs Before Acquiring Necessary Permits

The Chicago Cubs paid a $6,725 penalty for renovating landmark Wrigley Field without the required city permits for such work.

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_1p.asp?ID=277

samram
10-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Well, as much as I hate the Cubs, I can't really fault them for starting repairs before getting permits. Actually, it seems silly to have to get a permit to make a place safer, especially considering that it could have taken a while to get through the red tape. Whether the repairs were sufficient or not is a different issue.

voodoochile
10-06-2004, 10:51 PM
You have got to love this city.

"Fix your falling concrete. Do it now before someone gets hurt, or we will fine you and shut it down."

"Okay, okay, we are fixing it."

"Did you get the necessary permits first?"

"Permits? You told us to do it, we figured you knew it was being done."

"No permits? Ooooo that is gonna cost you..."

:rolleyes:

TornLabrum
10-06-2004, 11:21 PM
When my property was damaged by the Plainfield tornado in 1990, Will County still insisted that I purchase a building permit, even though Plainfield, Crest Hill, and Joliet gave waivers to people living within their various city limits. (I live in an unincorporated area.) Most people know that before you improve or repair a property, you need to purchase a building permit.

You would think with the flap over the satellite dishes at WGN, the Tribune Co. would know that the city is taking a long, hard look at their practice of making improvements without purchasing the required permits.

Sympathy for the Tribune Co. or the Cubs? I have little sympathy for people who either are idiots or who think they can flout city ordinances.

bigfoot
10-07-2004, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=fenway]Cubs Began Repairs Before Acquiring Necessary Permits

The Chicago Cubs paid a $6,725 penalty for renovating landmark Wrigley Field without the required city permits for such work.

~$6725.....How much is that in Wrigley Prime seating?

(http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_1p.asp?ID=277)

HomeFish
10-07-2004, 12:34 AM
~$6725.....How much is that in Wrigley Prime seating?

I think it can fetch you standing room only when they play the Red Sox in interleague.