PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Sox MVP?

GiveMeSox
10-06-2004, 01:17 AM
So who exactly is the team MVP for 04. Hmm, many options here.

GiveMeSox
10-06-2004, 01:21 AM
So who exactly is the team MVP for 04. Hmm, many options here.
Paulie had career Hr's and RBI totals
Carlos hit .310 and had 30+ hrs
Uribe carried this team for 2 months
Takatsu was mainly lights out
Freddy went 9-4 with the sox
Buehrle is the win leader at 16
Aaron hit .310 with 24 hrs

mweflen
10-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Seems like the sentimental favorite is Rowand - but he didn't play all year - not his fault of course, but it weakens his case. Konerko on the other hand was a steady, productive presence through all 6 months.

None of the pitching was solid enough to merit an MVP, with the possible exception of Takatsu, who suffers from the same weak argument as Rowand.

eriqjaffe
10-06-2004, 09:58 AM
It was a toss-up between Rowand and Konerko, but I had to go with Rowand. The guy always seems to be busting his hump...I find him more inspiring than Paulie. And he provides a glimmer of hope for the future...if he can continue to play well (and maybe even improve), we may not miss Ordonez as much as we thought we would...

Ol' No. 2
10-06-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm also torn between Rowand and Konerko. As hard as it is to ignore PK's production, I have to go with Rowand, mainly because I like the way he plays all-out, and I think that kind of play can rub off on other players. The best ones make the players around them better.

maurice
10-06-2004, 01:03 PM
I agree that it comes down to Rowand and Konerko. I suppose you can make an argument for Lee as well. Crash gets the edge, because he's the only one of the three who plays a key defensive position.

balke
10-06-2004, 01:07 PM
PK and Rowand were great. Rowand was a leader in the second half, but still the "young" surprise on the team.

I said CLee because he was so consistant, and provided much more than dingers. IT would be much more clear cut if CLee had 40 2baggers, but close enough in my book. He was doing the little things all season, hitting doubles like crazy, energizing the team. I don't remember a Carlos slump, other than HR's when we were already the league leaders in the category. Yet he still ended with +30.

Alanzo
10-06-2004, 01:20 PM
I'm going with Rowand. Every time Paulie got up to bat with a runner on first I didn't think of a 2-run shot but instead another dissapointing GIDP. Rally killer!

Dub25
10-06-2004, 01:26 PM
I voted for other. I think it has to be Frank. Not only did the team fall apart but I think the lineup was pitched to different as well once he was gone. None of the other guys have the patience like Frank to work a count.