PDA

View Full Version : Will SOMEBODY please drive in a run?

Mohoney
10-05-2004, 09:51 PM
4 double plays.

The Yankees are totally sucking it up right now.

I would be so demoralized if I were Mussina right now. He's doing everything he can.

DaveIsHere
10-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Damn, I am actually rooting for the Twins I hate the Yankmees more than anything

SomebodyToldMe
10-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Damn, I am actually rooting for the Twins I hate the Yankmees more than anything
I hate the Yanks, but I don't want those Twins to win anything.

I'm actually rooting for the Yanks this series.

CubKilla
10-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Me too. C'mon Twins! Show up those two idiots running the White Sox into the ground!

Lip Man 1
10-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Defense...the Twins are flashing it tonight.

You remember that area of the game don't you? It's the one that some Sox fans say isn't needed to get to the playoffs or win anything!

Lip

samram
10-05-2004, 10:12 PM

You remember that area of the game don't you? It's the one that some Sox fans say isn't needed to get to the playoffs or win anything!

Lip
When I heard the score of the game and the recap on the radio around the top of the fifth, that's exactly what I thought. Defense is good.:D:

shagar69
10-05-2004, 10:21 PM
I hate the Yanks, but I don't want those Twins to win anything.

I'm actually rooting for the Yanks this series.
this may sound crazy, but i dont understand why we would hate the yanks. they arent our rivals anymore, they have great, knowledgeble fans, who arent annoying like cub or bosox fans, they run their organization based on integrity and respect for the game and have an owner who cares more about winning than profit. so what if they spend 200 mil? its not their fault that the MLB is too stupid to implement a salary cap.

Mohoney
10-05-2004, 10:22 PM
This is disgusting.

And now the Yankees have left 6 on base.

:chunks

Mohoney
10-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Not really. Those were all tailor-made double play balls.

It's the Yankee hitters choking.

Soxzilla
10-05-2004, 10:37 PM

Lip
What the hell is wrong with the sox defense?

They have crede at the hot corner, who plays great defense. Konerko is MORE than adequate at first. Aaron plays some heroic centerfield, and has a canon. Joe B plays good right field. Carlos lee is a perennial gold glover. Juan uribe can make some great plays, and has one of the best arms I've seen. Both burke and davis have the ability to throw someone out, something I haven't seen in a sox catcher since like....a long time.

Harris is probably our only weak spot.....and well.....yeah....

......he sucks.

JB98
10-05-2004, 10:40 PM
What the hell is wrong with the sox defense?

They have crede at the hot corner, who plays great defense. Konerko is MORE than adequate at first. Aaron plays some heroic centerfield, and has a canon. Joe B plays good right field. Carlos lee is a perennial gold glover. Juan uribe can make some great plays, and has one of the best arms I've seen. Both burke and davis have the ability to throw someone out, something I haven't seen in a sox catcher since like....a long time.

Harris is probably our only weak spot.....and well.....yeah....

......he sucks.

CLee a perennial gold glover? I give him credit because he's improved a great deal in LF, but let's not get carried away here.

jackbrohamer
10-05-2004, 10:41 PM

I think the sentiment is more that it's that defense alone won't win anything if it means having no offense. I did't think the Sox' defense was particularly bad this year, it was the lack of offensive balance and pitching that made the difference.

OEO Magglio
10-05-2004, 10:51 PM

Lip
Why don't you say that in one more thread, then maybe it'll sink in. :rolleyes:

samram
10-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Well, the Twins defense just took away a homer from ARod. I hate Torii Hunter. Screw him.:angry:

Mohoney
10-05-2004, 11:02 PM
5 double plays.

How in the hell does that offense leave 7 on base and hit into 5 double plays?
:chunks

CubKilla
10-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Well, the Twins defense just took away a homer from ARod. I hate Torii Hunter. Screw him.:angry:
Ha ha ha. "F" Payrod

MRKARNO
10-05-2004, 11:14 PM
The Twins took game one last year too and the Yankees proceeded to win 3 in a row.

idseer
10-05-2004, 11:22 PM
The Twins took game one last year too and the Yankees proceeded to win 3 in a row.
last year the yankees had pitching.

Frankfan4life
10-05-2004, 11:31 PM
The Twins took game one last year too and the Yankees proceeded to win 3 in a row.I'm hoping for the same this year. I agree with shagar69 and SomebodyToldMe. I have no real hatred for the Yankees (just envy) but I can't stand the Twinkies. They are our true rivals and we should dislike them especially after they showed us up this year.

I can't see why any Sox fan would want the Twins to win. If you think it's going to embarrass JR, how wrong-headed can you be? If the Twins winning the division three years in a row over us isn't enough to embarrass JR, winning a World Series title against other teams and being crowned best team ever in the whole wide world won't do it either.

GO YANKEES!!!

idseer
10-05-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm hoping for the same this year. I agree with shagar69 and SomebodyToldMe. I have no real hatred for the Yankees (just envy) but I can't stand the Twinkies. They are our true rivals and we should dislike them especially after they showed us up this year.

I can't see why any Sox fan would want the Twins to win. If you think it's going to embarrass JR, how wrong-headed can you be? If the Twins winning the division three years in a row over us isn't enough to embarrass JR, winning a World Series title against other teams and being crowned best team ever in the whole wide world won't do it either.

GO YANKEES!!!
it has nothing to do with embarrassing anyone. it has to do with giving props to a team that knows how to put a team together and win.

all this childish "they beat us so i hate them" blather shows you don't have a real appreciation for the game at all. you are mostly poor sports and poor losers.

StillMissOzzie
10-06-2004, 12:41 AM
all this childish "they beat us so i hate them" blather shows you don't have a real appreciation for the game at all. you are mostly poor sports and poor losers.
I agree w/ you, idseer. What's wrong with admitting you got beat by the better team? For my part, I have hated the Yankmees for much longer than I've ever had to not like the Twins anyhow. If I had my druthers, the Twins would whip the Yankmees in 4 straight.

SMO
:bandance: