PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter

dcb33
10-05-2004, 08:19 PM
I see Mr. Hunter has come down with another acute case of oral diarrhaea. :angry: :angry: :angry: I guess this should come as no surprise, but he's talking smack in a pregame intervew before the Twins series with the Yankees has even begun...
"This year will be different," he says.
Yeah, here's hoping it's different because the Yankees whip them in 3 instead of 4...

JGarlandrules20
10-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah, the whole thing before the game he was saying makes me hate him 100 times more.

Err.. GO YANKEES. GO JOHN OLERUD!(since he's the only yank i like)

OEO Magglio
10-05-2004, 08:30 PM
I see Mr. Hunter has come down with another acute case of oral diarrhaea. :angry: :angry: :angry: I guess this should come as no surprise, but he's talking smack in a pregame intervew before the Twins series with the Yankees has even begun...
"This year will be different," he says.
Yeah, here's hoping it's different because the Yankees whip them in 3 instead of 4...
Ya, to bad the twins are going to win this series.
:o:

SomebodyToldMe
10-05-2004, 08:42 PM
I can't stand the man. WEAR YOUR HAT THE RIGHT WAY!!!

I usually don't root for the yanks, but I want them to tear the twins a new one.

idseer
10-05-2004, 09:22 PM
root for the yankees? y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

go central division ............ go twins!

marlins03
10-05-2004, 09:26 PM
root for the yankees? y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

go central division ............ go twins! really i guess the AL Central must be different in the NL East we root for whoever faces the braves :D: but anyways GO TWINS

Lip Man 1
10-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Did you see the play Hunter made tonight to cut down a Yankee run? It ain't braggin' if you can do it.

Lip

dcb33
10-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Did you see the play Hunter made tonight to cut down a Yankee run? It ain't braggin' if you can do it.

Lip
I don't think that was a great play by Hunter as much as it was STUPID baserunning by the Yankees. You could tell where that fly ball was caught that it was not hit deeply enough, especially when it's the catcher who is trying to score... I was surprised they sent Posada, but not surprised that Hunter gunned him down...

row18
10-05-2004, 10:56 PM
I can't stand the man. WEAR YOUR HAT THE RIGHT WAY!!!

I usually don't root for the yanks, but I want them to tear the twins a new one.
What's wrong with having your hat turned to the side? Junior and Bonds wear their hats backwards.

idseer
10-05-2004, 11:00 PM
5 dp's, several outstanding plays in the field.

you can't say this team doesn't show up for a big game.

Mohoney
10-05-2004, 11:04 PM
you can't say this team doesn't show up for a big game.
I don't think the Twins were that good tonight. The Yankees offense just sucked. In every way.

Santana wasn't that great. The Yankees had runners on in EVERY inning he pitched. They left 7 on base and hit into 5 double plays. Atrocious.

idseer
10-05-2004, 11:11 PM
I don't think the Twins were that good tonight. The Yankees offense just sucked. In every way.

Santana wasn't that great. The Yankees had runners on in EVERY inning he pitched. They left 7 on base and hit into 5 double plays. Atrocious.
unbelievable post.

StillMissOzzie
10-06-2004, 12:46 AM
unbelievable post.
I'm rooting for the Twins too, idseer, but I don't know what you find unbelievable about Mohoney's post. The Yankmees were held scoreless, but hardly due to effective Santana pitching. He gave up 9 hits and 1 walk, but the DP saved him time and again tonight.

SMO
:bandance:

nodiggity59
10-06-2004, 12:58 AM
None of the DPs were special at all. Hunter's may appear to be, but Posada is a friggin catcher. Even ARow could have thrown him out.

ChiSoxRowand
10-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Santana pitched good tonight. He wasn't dominating but he got ground balls and didn't give up any runs.

idseer
10-06-2004, 10:24 AM
None of the DPs were special at all. Hunter's may appear to be, but Posada is a friggin catcher. Even ARow could have thrown him out.

5 double plays in a playoff game and nobody should get credit because they weren't spectacular enough for you? the fact it is a new post season record doesn't mean anything either i suppose?
dissing good play just isn't very sporting imo.

how often have you heard that the makings of a great pitcher is when he's not at his best and still manages to beat you? EVERY single time he was in trouble he came up bigtime and that's the kind of player that deserves to be admired. you take credit away from santana because he gave up 9 hits and you then take away credit from the team for 5 easy double plays. can you spot your faulty thinking here?

then you try to take away hunter's play at the plate???? it doesn't matter at ALL who the runner was. the ball was deep! i don't know if you noticed but that was a bang bang play. the throw had to be perfect to get him and it was! how can you take credit away from hunter for that? and the catch at the wall? spectacular!

hate the twins if you must, but don't show your ignorance by trying to diss a minnesota shutout of the new york yankees on the road in the playoffs. they did everything they had to do and that's what the game is all about.

idseer
10-06-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm rooting for the Twins too, idseer, but I don't know what you find unbelievable about Mohoney's post. The Yankmees were held scoreless, but hardly due to effective Santana pitching. He gave up 9 hits and 1 walk, but the DP saved him time and again tonight.

SMO
:bandance:
see the above post.
if it had been the sox instead of the twins, he'd have never made such an obviously biased statement.

bc2k
10-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I rooted for the Twins in the playoffs last year, but this year I'm for the Yanks. I've heard too many pompous remarks from Torii Hunter this year. He doesn't respect the game. His catch where he hit the wall was bogus. He timed his approach so he had to make a soft leap into the wall. Playing for the cameras, trying to make his reputation as a ghetto thug from the streets yet he wore braces--braces that weren't even made out of gold. Torii is more cul-de-sac than street.

Lip Man 1
10-06-2004, 01:08 PM
People are overlooking the difficult catch that Jones made on Sierra directly before Hunter threw out Posada. That catch saved two runs and perhaps forced the Yanks to send Posada knowing that runs were going to be few and far between.

Lip

SSN721
10-06-2004, 01:41 PM
That throw by Hunter was awesome, it was a great play, not recognizing that is crazy. I didnt watch the whole game so I cant speak for all of it, but from what I saw the Twins won by playing the same game they have been playing all year. Effective pitching, great defense and moving runners over. Totally unselfish team. I dont know if they will win this series, but I am pulling for them until they play the angels, stros, or Cards. Otherwise I will be pulling for them because they are a good ballclub. ANd I dont understand the hatred for Torii when things he said had never been worse then a lot of the pompous things that Sox players have said about the Twins over the last couple years. It would just be nice for a AL Central team to do something this postseason so maybe we dont have to listen to so many "COmedy Central" jokes next year. Eh, guess it doesnt matter, but I just cant root for the Yanks or BoSox. Both have wore out their welcome for me.

LincolnSquareOz
10-06-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm rooting for any scenario except another Yankee/Red Sox match-up. If that happens, I'm turning my tv off for a week.

I question Torre's decision to start Mussina last night. If Lieber gets bombed tonight they will be in for a world of hurt.

While Torii Hunter has a tendency to push buttons, there is no denying his glovework. He's far and away the best defensive centerfielder in the AL, if not he entire league. The Andruw Jones you see now is not the same player he was 2-3 years ago. Luckily, Hunter has no plate discipline and falls well short of being called a "five-tool" player.

What's with the rips on where the guy is from? How do we know he isn't from the ghetto? I've seen ghetto's in Racine and Rockford...it's not out the question to believe he may have grown up on the other side of the tracks...

FireReinsdorf
10-06-2004, 05:13 PM
What's wrong with having your hat turned to the side? Junior and Bonds wear their hats backwards.
Really? I didn't know Bonds and Griff play catcher? Heck, I didn't know Griffey was still in baseball.

Seriously though, only catchers should be allowed to wear their hats backwards.