PDA

View Full Version : Sheffield explains how he got connected to Balco

hose
10-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Garry Sheffield doesn't paint a rosy picture of Barry Bonds.

The story is a bit pathetic on Sheffield's part but it does explain how he ends up writing a check to Balco.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/magazine/10/04/sheffield_bonds1011/index.html

jackbrohamer
10-05-2004, 08:47 PM
IMHO, Gary Sheffield is a complete idiot and I have no reason to believe a word he says. As usual, he comes off as a self-serving crybaby who blames others for his problem. What a shock.

marlins03
10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
thats too bad sheffield is a great guy

jackbrohamer
10-05-2004, 10:30 PM

Is that why he's ratting out a friend of his before a Federal Grand Jury? And making potentially incriminatory accusations against him in a nationally-published journal just to salvage his own sorry reputation? I've considered Sheffield to be trash ever since he told the Brewers he was going to deliberately play poorly for them unless they traded him.

cubhater
10-05-2004, 10:34 PM
This is the same guy who purposely blew a couple of defensive plays with the Brewers so they would get fed up and trade him. Great guy respecting the integrity of the game!

Mohoney
10-05-2004, 11:06 PM
I could care less, as long as he does something good in this series.

Chrisaway
10-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Is that why he's ratting out a friend of his before a Federal Grand Jury? And making potentially incriminatory accusations against him in a nationally-published journal just to salvage his own sorry reputation? I've considered Sheffield to be trash ever since he told the Brewers he was going to deliberately play poorly for them unless they traded him.agreed