PDA

View Full Version : Ordonez O's Number One Target

shagar69
10-05-2004, 01:09 PM
from baltimore sun: "This isn't going to shock anyone, but it comes from a pretty high-ranking source in the Orioles' front office. The free-agent hitter at the top of the team's wish list is outfielder Magglio Ordonez, though the Orioles will have to ascertain that he is healthy after he underwent knee surgery and missed much of the 2004 season."

this is interesting considering the O's just spent a ****load of money this year

HomeFish
10-05-2004, 01:21 PM
The Orioles are also really after Carl Pavano.

shagar69
10-05-2004, 01:24 PM
The Orioles are also really after Carl Pavano. yeah that was in the article too. they sent a couple of scouts to florida to watch him pitch.

Flight #24
10-05-2004, 01:25 PM
from baltimore sun: "This isn't going to shock anyone, but it comes from a pretty high-ranking source in the Orioles' front office. The free-agent hitter at the top of the team's wish list is outfielder Magglio Ordonez, though the Orioles will have to ascertain that he is healthy after he underwent knee surgery and missed much of the 2004 season."

this is interesting considering the O's just spent a ****load of money this year
What's REALLY interesting/disgusting is the prospect that the Sox might end up paying Maggs to play for the O's via the $$$ that's going to Angelos for the Expos->DC move......

mweflen
10-05-2004, 01:26 PM
So let me get this straight: Sox in the AL East per Jerry's request, and Maggs playing for the O's?

Hello 4th place!

Hangar18
10-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Funny also, how theyve been using the OOOOOOOO EEEEEE OOOOOOOOOO
chant this season, to get ready for Magglio. I really would love him
to come back here ............ hes going to get healed up from the injury,
and he'll be back to his old self .................. and we'll be Groaning at the .260 hitting, 20 homer Carl Everett in RF. *sighs*

kittle42
10-05-2004, 02:58 PM
It would be just like the Orioles to sign a player with a possible degenerative knee condition and a possible flash in the pan starter (I am not saying that that's what these guys are - I am just saying that if the Orioles sign them, that's what they'll be).

mantis1212
10-05-2004, 03:15 PM
and he'll be back to his old self .................. and we'll be Groaning at the .260 hitting, 20 homer Carl Everett in RF. *sighs*
Someone wrote on this site a while back that Baltimore has been using OEO for years, though, since before Maggs came around.

cbrownson13
10-05-2004, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about him being back to his old self. The surgery he had in Austria had something to do with the blood flow in his knee. We've seen this before in Bo Jackson, only in his hip.

Hokiesox
10-05-2004, 05:31 PM
It would be just like the Orioles to sign a player with a possible degenerative knee conditionThey're still pretty unhappy about the Albert Belle situation here. I hope it doesn't happen to Maggs, but if it did, the O's would be the best team to have it happen to. If only because Angelos would be on the losing end.

steff
10-05-2004, 05:40 PM
Someone wrote on this site a while back that Baltimore has been using OEO for years, though, since before Maggs came around.

They have.. but not in Henry's world. :rolleyes:

munchman33
10-05-2004, 06:28 PM
hes going to get healed up from the injury,
and he'll be back to his old self
Hangar are you a doctor or a magi or something?