PDA

View Full Version : Shingo Radio spot for Yahoo: Funny...Sort Of.

Hangar18
10-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Theres an ad on the Radio right now, for Yahoo web services. Has a japanese
guy mentioning that "Shingo Takatsu, baseball player for famous Chicago Baseball Team" ......... and I thought, why couldnt they mention the White Sox?
Had he played for the other team...................:angry: :angry:

It was a funny commercial nonetheless. Shingo is talking in Japanese,
while the translator translates.

ondafarm
10-05-2004, 09:41 AM
I'd love to hear it, might even be able to check if Shingo is saying what the translator is saying, or if its just a voice over. Not saying that's ever happened.:cool:

voodoochile
10-05-2004, 09:43 AM
There might be a legal issue. If they mention the White Sox by name, it could be construed as an endorsement of the product by the Sox. The Sox may have told them not to use the name, or they might have decided not to ask (or pay) for the privlege.

jackbrohamer
10-05-2004, 10:07 AM
There might be a legal issue. If they mention the White Sox by name, it could be construed as an endorsement of the product by the Sox. The Sox may have told them not to use the name, or they might have decided not to ask (or pay) for the privlege.
I bet it is. Similar to how baseball players don't wear their teams' real uniforms in commercials.

Hangar18
10-05-2004, 10:07 AM
:reinsy
" ....and I said to them........I want XXXXX dollars ....in small unmarked bills .....
drop it off underneath the Giant Gate1 sign at 35th & Shields ......"

longshot7
10-05-2004, 11:32 AM
yeah, I 've heard it too - pretty funny, but definitely strange as well. He gives his nickname, says that he checks yahoo for sushi bars and karaoke, and then the translator says that Shingo has offered to buy him fancy cars and watches whenever he wants - to which Shingo goes, "What?!"

Anyway, I hope he comes back next year.

ewokpelts
10-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Theres an ad on the Radio right now, for Yahoo web services. Has a japanese
guy mentioning that "Shingo Takatsu, baseball player for famous Chicago Baseball Team" ......... and I thought, why couldnt they mention the White Sox?
Had he played for the other team...................:angry: :angry:

It was a funny commercial nonetheless. Shingo is talking in Japanese,
while the translator translates.what station?

Clembasbal
10-05-2004, 11:48 AM
yeah, I 've heard it too - pretty funny, but definitely strange as well. He gives his nickname, says that he checks yahoo for sushi bars and karaoke, and then the translator says that Shingo has offered to buy him fancy cars and watches whenever he wants - to which Shingo goes, "What?!"

Anyway, I hope he comes back next year.
In today's Daily Southtown they mentioned the Politte signing and that Shingo was next on the list. And that the Sox would pick up his $2.5 million option.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/051sd4.htm

Hangar18
10-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Wait a second. That didnt stop Freaking ATA Airlines from Mentioning "cubbies", "Cubs" "Chicago Cubs", Wrigley Field", "cubs" and "national league"
in their ad over the winter? anyone remember ATA getting on the Cub Wagon?
Those spots by the way, promised to fly him to Arizona, because "playoff baseball in October" is Cold, hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahaha
ATA has some Pie on the face there .........

ewokpelts
10-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Wait a second. That didnt stop Freaking ATA Airlines from Mentioning "cubbies", "Cubs" "Chicago Cubs", Wrigley Field", "cubs" and "national league"
Those spots by the way, promised to fly him to Arizona, because "playoff baseball in October" is Cold, hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahahaha
ATA has some Pie on the face there .........they might have found a loophole with thier sox sponsorship to use mlb team names.
Gene

hold2dibber
10-05-2004, 05:48 PM
ATA has some Pie on the face there .........
ATA surely had to pay for the privilege. Yahoo web services apparently decided not to pay for the privilege.