PDA

View Full Version : Sham-ME to the Mets??? Noooooooooo

Bisco Stu
10-05-2004, 12:00 AM
Hope that rumor isn't close to being the truth. Last thing the Miracles need is that overrated gangsta.

I'd rather they brought back Mo Vaughn and Robbie Alomar first.

nodiggity59
10-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Much as Im surprised to say it, I don't want Sammy leaving the Cubs. He's too important to their failures.

It's too bad they're pretty good and need him in order to suck. Otherwise, I'd love to get his a$$ out of this town.

davenicholson
10-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Much as Im surprised to say it, I don't want Sammy leaving the Cubs. He's too important to their failures.

It's too bad they're pretty good and need him in order to suck. Otherwise, I'd love to get his a$$ out of this town.Diggity,

It's strange to type these words, but I agree with your first two sentences! It is imperative that Sosa's salary and attitude stay on the north side of Chicago where they belong. Again, as much as I hate to admit it, I shudder to think of what Hendry could do with Sosa's salary if it were to become available! :o:

Maximo
10-05-2004, 11:44 AM

It's too bad they're pretty good and need him in order to suck. Otherwise, I'd love to get his a$$ out of this town.
Agreed.

Here's a bizarre thought.....what if this 'lover's quarrel" between the Flubs and So-So escalates to the point where they try to trade him, find no takers, and they sit his ass on the bench until he rots. Conceiveably, he might never play in a major league game again. Years from now he gets elected to the Hall of Fame (I don't see any way he can't get elected) and because he's still pissed at the Cubs........he enters Cooperstown wearing a Sox cap.

Tekijawa
10-05-2004, 11:58 AM
If the Cubs trade him, he's is then Guaranteed his 19 million in 2006... I would think that the Mets aren't that stupid? bring on 36 million in salary for someone they can get for 5-7 Million next next year (2006)... I have a feeling that Sammy geting traded would either have a LARGE PORTION of his salary played and Prospects for very little in return. I think it might even be in the best interest of the Cubs to keep him at that point and hope he comes back next year and actually plays.

Clembasbal
10-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Maybe that is why he is being questioned by the New York City police about a attempted murder there the other day. As seen on NBC 5 news last night about 10:03 PM

HomeFish
10-05-2004, 01:19 PM
I would think that the Mets aren't that stupid?

Oh yes they are.

Nellie_Fox
10-05-2004, 01:47 PM
...Years from now he gets elected to the Hall of Fame (I don't see any way he can't get elected) and because he's still pissed at the Cubs........he enters Cooperstown wearing a Sox cap.I don't want him wearing a Sox cap. Let him wear a Rangers cap.