PDA

View Full Version : just a thought on the washington expos or whatever they are going to be called

jake27
10-04-2004, 08:46 PM
i was sporting my expos hat around campus today when i was thinking, the washington expos logo should be their current one "the weird M" flipped upside down to make a "W". just a thought.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-04-2004, 08:49 PM
they should be called the washington whiners

soxnut
10-04-2004, 11:40 PM
That M never looked like an M to me. It always looked like an "e" and a "b" with something stuck in between. I'll really be glad when it's gone. Even though I feel sorry for the few Expos fans that loved their team.:(:

DC Sox Fan
10-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Not a bad thought, Jake. The night they first broke the story out here, that's what one of the TV stations did on the news- just flipped the logo upside down and wrote "Washington Expos" on it.

The Expos name will be retired though. Odds are the team will be either the Senators (v3.0) or the Grays, named after the Homestead Grays of the negro league who were a dynasty in the '30s and '40s.

Railsplitter
10-05-2004, 09:49 AM
You cant' call them the Grays. It would be racist because the Confederate army wore gray

robertks61
10-05-2004, 12:18 PM
I always thought the M was an elb, thats why my cousin and I would call them the Elbows instead of the Expos when we were kids!

VaSoxfan
10-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Not a bad thought, Jake. The night they first broke the story out here, that's what one of the TV stations did on the news- just flipped the logo upside down and wrote "Washington Expos" on it.

The Expos name will be retired though. Odds are the team will be either the Senators (v3.0) or the Grays, named after the Homestead Grays of the negro league who were a dynasty in the '30s and '40s.

I don't like the Grays name. Besides being boring, the Homestead Grays were primarily a Pittsburgh team who used DC as a home away from home when the Pirates were using Forbes Field. Plus the name has nothing to do with DC. I'd go with Senators, Nationals or Federals, something to identify the team with the Federal nature of the city.