PDA

View Full Version : The Last Word

Lip Man 1
10-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Appropriate considering it's the last day of another disappointing, mediocre season.

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart.

The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.

You count on it, rely on it, to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops....and summer is gone."

"Green Fields of The Mind" by Bart Giamatti

Lip

chisoxmike
10-03-2004, 08:19 PM
I love it. So true.

rwcescato
10-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Appropriate considering it's the last day of another disappointing, mediocre season.

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart.

The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.

You count on it, rely on it, to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops....and summer is gone."

"Green Fields of The Mind" by Bart Giamatti

Lip
Right on Mark!! Lets have a happy off season.
Rich

Whitesox029
10-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Right on Mark!! Lets have a happy off season.
RichAn oxymoron if I ever heard one. It only comes remotely close to being true when the Blackhawks are decent, which isn't often. Without hockey this will surely be a long long 6 months for me.

Lip Man 1
10-04-2004, 12:05 AM
You can always watch tapes from the 80's and 90's when the Hawks were pretty good.

Lip