PDA

View Full Version : Astros=Amazing

chisoxmike
10-03-2004, 04:04 PM
This team was left for dead, now look at them. If they go deep into the postseason Phil Garner should be NL manager of the year.

WinningUgly!
10-03-2004, 04:06 PM
This team was left for dead, now look at them. If they go deep into the postseason Jeff Garner should be NL manager of the year.
Chuck Garner was pretty good, too.:)

MisterB
10-03-2004, 04:08 PM
James Garner, too. Love those 'Rockford Files' reruns...:D:

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 04:10 PM
This team was left for dead, now look at them. If they go deep into the postseason Jeff Garner should be NL manager of the year.
It's Phil Garner,not Jeff Garner.The game just ended.'Stros win,5-3.
They're in the playoffs.No way I saw this coming in early August,when they were so far down they were nearly in the sewers.
CONGRATULATIONS ASTROS!!!
Thanks for saving me from "Hell On Earth,part 2".:D: :D: :D: :D:

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 04:12 PM
What about Jennifer Garner??:D: :D: :D: :D:

Tragg
10-03-2004, 04:17 PM
They did exactly what we did, but a month earlier: went from around 10 above .500 to about 5 below .500 in a matter of 3 weeks.

Of course, they didn't lose their 2 best hitters, but did suffer through a fair amount of injuries (Pettit, Wade Miller, their SS Everett). A STERLING trade, renting Beltran for a terrible Dotel (enjoy him, Billy Beane) helped as well.

Congrats to the Astros

PaleHoseGeorge
10-03-2004, 05:20 PM
:garner
"Listen up, ****faces! I still have my old WSI tag and you better believe I would still be pitching your guys high and tight because that's the way I played the game when everyone knew me by my nickname "Scrap Heap"... err "Garbage Heap"... umm "Junkyard Dog" ... whatever... you know what I'm talking about!"

"And if that mental midget manager of yours, Bevo, shows one hair on his ass, I'm coming after him!"

:ohno
"You and Bevo were intellectual equals."

<insert Daver's big clown manager shoes here>

Kuzman
10-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Same thing happened to last years champions in Florida.. They got a new manager after being left for dead.. Lets see if lightning can strike twice.

Brian26
10-03-2004, 06:18 PM
19 wins in a row at home. ****ing amazing.

kittle42
10-03-2004, 10:00 PM
I wonder if we could have done the same last year if.....

:jerry
"No one can fire me in the middle of a season."