PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle on the hot seat

hose
10-03-2004, 08:39 AM
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/032sd2.htm

Mark gets interrogated by Joe Cowley and doesn't stick his foot in his mouth:rolleyes:

Carl Pavano....YES

woodenleg
10-03-2004, 09:28 AM
He's the coolest. That made my day. :gulp:

idseer
10-03-2004, 09:34 AM
"True or false: There still are some selfish guys on this team. Right now ... true. There's still some guys worried about their numbers more than the team. There's guys still worrying more about their own numbers than they are about wins. "

valentin? ... getting 30 was huge to him totally at the expense of getting on base.

garland? ... 200 innings

PaleHoseGeorge
10-03-2004, 10:09 AM
"True or false: There still are some selfish guys on this team. Right now ... true. There's still some guys worried about their numbers more than the team. There's guys still worrying more about their own numbers than they are about wins. "

valentin? ... getting 30 was huge to him totally at the expense of getting on base.

garland? ... 200 innings
This is very misleading. Buehrle didn't call out any of his teammates. In fact Cowley asked him the question directly.

What's the chance you tell me one of those names? None.

What you've written about Valentin and Garland is entirely your own speculation.

JGarlandrules20
10-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Buehrle and I think alike.
I was just telling a twins fan like a week ago how they shouldnt have made such a big deal out of those comments and that they were just his opinion.
and.. Carl Pavano. I'd love to see him on the southside next year.

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 11:42 AM
Buehrle and I think alike.
I was just telling a twins fan like a week ago how they shouldnt have made such a big deal out of those comments and that they were just his opinion.
and.. Carl Pavano. I'd love to see him on the southside next year.
Carl Pavano?? On this team??
Who owns this team?? What is his belief on paying for pitching??
Torn Labrum's sig needs to be brought up here.

:reinsy
"You can never have enough pitching,so why bother?"

jeremyb1
10-03-2004, 02:54 PM

garland? ... 200 innings

Haha. You've got to be kidding. The way a pitcher would alter his style to pitch 200 innings would be to...pitch better so he throws fewer pitches and his manager leaves him in longer. Garland really killed the team there.

santo=dorf
10-03-2004, 02:57 PM
Haha. You've got to be kidding. The way a pitcher would alter his style to pitch 200 innings would be to...pitch better so he throws fewer pitches and his manager leaves him in longer. Garland really killed the team there.

Maybe Garland wanted to reach 200 IP, because he was sick of being pulled after the fourth inning.

idseer
10-04-2004, 08:06 AM
This is very misleading. Buehrle didn't call out any of his teammates. In fact Cowley asked him the question directly.

What you've written about Valentin and Garland is entirely your own speculation.
i'm not sure what you are suggesting is misleading. he was quoted as saying he DID have some teammates more worried about their numbers than the team. sounded pretty straightforward to me.

and of course it is MY speculation that he MAY have been referring to jose and john amongst possibly others.

idseer
10-04-2004, 08:08 AM
who said anything about altering anything? you obviously didn't understand the question.

Realist
10-04-2004, 08:27 AM
What's a "Leon"? Did I miss a meeting? :?:

fquaye149
10-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Carl Pavano?? On this team??
Who owns this team?? What is his belief on paying for pitching??
Torn Labrum's sig needs to be brought up here.

:reinsy
"You can never have enough pitching,so why bother?"

good point. jr won't let kw sign a single pitcher this offseason.

he certainly didn't let kw make a $12 million offer to colon last year or let kw sign freddy for $9 mill a year.

if we don't sign pavano, it will probably be because some team is paying him more than he's worth (6-8 mill.)

not because jr has a vendetta against starting pitching.

santo=dorf
10-04-2004, 09:19 AM
What's a "Leon"? Did I miss a meeting? :?:
Bud commercials.

I thought it would be Willie.

SSN721
10-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Bud commercials.

I thought it would be Willie.

As much as it pains me to say it still liking Willie, I dont think his skill level is up to par with the fictional career of Leon.