PDA

View Full Version : AL MVP

DVsoxfan
10-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Now that the Angels have clinched the AL west, Vlad should definitely win the MVP. I hate all this crap about Sheffield being the MVP. .290, 36hr and 121 RBI?? Sheffield had just as good of in terms of hr and RBI last yr. IIRC, and a .330 average, and he wasnt considered for the MVP (although this was because of Bonds). Good stats this yr, not as good as last yr, and on a team of superstars. Its hard to say that one of them could be the MVP. Just like the Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen thing. If Sheffield was on any other team with those stats he would just be having another "great" year, and he most likely wouldnt be considered for the MVP. I understand that he's hurting, but just because he's having a good season and is injured doesn't mean he should win the MVP. This year isnt even the best year of Sheffield's career. There are players that are having career years(ie NL with Rolen, Beltre). There has been less talk of Ramirez and Ortiz for MVP even though they've had considerably better years than Sheffield. Don't get me wrong, I like Sheffield. I'm just sick of all this Yankees, Cubs biased crap. Vlad carryed the Angels down the stretch, and deserves the MVP. He had to carry his team when that team was riddled with injuries, and now they don't have Jose Guillen either. He almost single-handedly brought this team back into the race, and now led them to an AL west victory. Sheffield hasnt had to deal with any of that. I'd really like to see Vlad win the AL MVP, in case you hadn't already noticed...:D:.

AddisonStSox
10-03-2004, 02:42 AM
My AL Hopeful-Vlad

My NL Hopeful-Beltre (yeah, yeah, Bonds will win.)

SomebodyToldMe
10-03-2004, 02:58 AM
Vlad. Without a doubt.

And people thought he wouldn't be able to adjust to American League pitching.

Pea-Pod
10-03-2004, 03:24 AM
Vlad for mVP , but his nickname(s) suck..............unlike pea-pod