PDA

View Full Version : A's!

bafiarocks03
10-02-2004, 08:26 PM
I cannot believe that the Angels beat Oakland! The A's were supposed to go the WS to face the Cards! That was my prediction! I mean come on the A's are better then the Angels! I heard Zito pitched awesome! Then lost it in the 8th or something like that! uh!:(:

HomeFish
10-02-2004, 08:27 PM
Having a good friend who lives in Oakland, I am always partial to the A's. I don't mind the Angels either, though.

bartmanisgod
10-02-2004, 08:29 PM
I cannot believe that the Angels beat Oakland! The A's were supposed to go the WS to face the Cards! That was my prediction! I mean come on the A's are better then the Angels! I heard Zito pitched awesome! Then lost it in the 8th or something like that! uh!:(:

I guess even the greatest GM in the world Billy Beane just couldn't get it done!

Guess what KW and Beane are in still tied at the end of the day ZERO championships!!!:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Guess what KW and Beane are in still tied at the end of the day ZERO championships!!!
Well he's in good company. There are 26 other GM's who haven't won one since KW came on board in 2001 either.

Of course the difference is our team hasn't won one in 88 seasons. The only team with a longer streak of futility has a fanbase populated by idiots who think losing is cute and alternately blame a billygoat and their TV color man for the curse.
:wink:

doublem23
10-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Wow... What another choke job.

FarWestChicago
10-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Having a good friend who lives in Oakland, I am always partial to the A's.I never minded the A's until Hudson's big mouth and the FOBB's. The A's fans here have put them up into the Flubbie stratosphere for me. Today was wonderful!! :bandance:

HomeFish
10-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Try as you might, you can't deny that BB has been remarkably effective given his circumstances. I'd trade KW's results for his any day.

He's not a god, but he doesn't suck either.

FarWestChicago
10-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Try as you might, you can't deny that BB has been remarkably effective given his circumstances. I'd trade KW's results for his any day.

He's not a god, but he doesn't suck either.I'm not trying anything. I'm just enjoying seeing the Messiah of the FOBB's team choke a few days earlier than usual. :D:

DVsoxfan
10-02-2004, 09:03 PM
I was suprised too, especially because the A's had their big 3 going for them.

LauraJ14
10-02-2004, 09:22 PM

Zito left the game with the lead again and the A's bullpen blew it again. I think they lead the AL in blown saves. I was hoping the A's got into the playoffs because I don't like any of the other 4 AL playoff teams. Go St Louis!

Baby Fisk
10-02-2004, 09:27 PM
I never minded the A's until Hudson's big mouth and the FOBB's. The A's fans here have put them up into the Flubbie stratosphere for me. Today was wonderful!! :bandance:
YES YES YES!!! Truer words were never spoken. :yup: :yup: :yup:

WAY TO GO, CHOAKLAND!

jeremyb1
10-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Really. Just because Beane is one of the better GMs in baseball and KW is a rather awful one doesn't mean anyone has ever claimed Beane is God or that the A's would win the World Series. Get over it already.

FarWestChicago
10-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Really. Just because Beane is one of the better GMs in baseball and KW is a rather awful one doesn't mean anyone has ever claimed Beane is God or that the A's would win the World Series. Get over it already.
:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-02-2004, 10:30 PM
meh. i liked oakland. i dont want to see the angles again..ugh

santo=dorf
10-02-2004, 10:30 PM
Really. Just because Beane is one of the better GMs in baseball and KW is a rather awful one doesn't mean anyone has ever claimed Beane is God or that the A's would win the World Series. Get over it already.:violin:

Hey Jeremy, did you see Ross Gload (another KW acquisition) was named rookie of the month over THE Jeremy Reed?

OEO Magglio
10-02-2004, 10:42 PM
I never minded the A's until Hudson's big mouth and the FOBB's. The A's fans here have put them up into the Flubbie stratosphere for me. Today was wonderful!! :bandance:
There not quite at Flubbie stratosphere to me but I definitely have developed a hatred for the a's because of the FOBB's, now atleast we don't have to hear bb has made the playoffs 5 straight year, etc. :bandance:

dcb33
10-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Billy Beane is a joke- the only reason his team has done as well as it has is becuase they have lived and died by the trio of Hudson, Mulder, and Zito, and they all have not performed as they usually do this year (Hudson was injured for an extended period of time, Mulder fell apart the 2nd half, and Zito was mediocre), and thus Oakland died.
They will suck when the great Beane loses these three guys after they become FA's because he won't be able to afford them, and he will probably end up going down as a tremendous failure becuase he will have squandered one of the greatest 1-2-3 combinations in the last several years because he wanted to try to win on the cheap....

I still like the A's though because they are San Fran's version of the Sox and I'd rather see them succeed than the Giants...

FarWestChicago
10-02-2004, 10:47 PM
There not quite at Flubbie stratosphere to me but I definitely have developed a hatred for the a's because of the FOBB's, now atleast we don't have to hear bb has made the playoffs 5 straight year, etc. :bandance:Well, living on the Left Coast, I can avoid Flubbie stuff pretty well. Now don't get me wrong, they needed to lose, but it's not in my face like it is for locals. However, I haven't been able to come to my own board in months without being inundated with FOBB spew. Hence, a day like today =

:supernana: :) :supernana:

OEO Magglio
10-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Well, living on the Left Coast, I can avoid Flubbie stuff pretty well. Now don't get me wrong, they needed to lose, but it's not in my face like it is for locals. However, I haven't been able to come to my own board in months without being inundated with FOBB spew. Hence, a day like today =

:supernana: :) :supernana:
Makes perfect sense to me, cubs and a's get offiically eliminated today, beautiful day. :smile: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Lip Man 1
10-02-2004, 10:53 PM
Arte Moreno, Bill Stoneman and his staff did a remarkable job. They spent the money, acquired the players they needed and those players came through particularly Guerrero, Guillen and Colon (in the second half...)

Congratulations to them.

Lip

Jerome
10-02-2004, 11:43 PM
I guess even the greatest GM in the world Billy Beane just couldn't get it done!

Guess what KW and Beane are in still tied at the end of the day ZERO championships!!!:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

I guess a team with a $100 million payroll outplayed a team with a $50 million payroll. The great Arte Moreno's checkbook prevails.

LauraJ14
10-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Billy Beane is a joke- the only reason his team has done as well as it has is becuase they have lived and died by the trio of Hudson, Mulder, and Zito, and they all have not performed as they usually do this year (Hudson was injured for an extended period of time, Mulder fell apart the 2nd half, and Zito was mediocre), and thus Oakland died.
They will suck when the great Beane loses these three guys after they become FA's because he won't be able to afford them, and he will probably end up going down as a tremendous failure becuase he will have squandered one of the greatest 1-2-3 combinations in the last several years because he wanted to try to win on the cheap....

I still like the A's though because they are San Fran's version of the Sox and I'd rather see them succeed than the Giants...
The A's didn't lose this year because of their starting pitching, they lost because their bullpen blew 30 saves. Beane tried to take a setup guy ( Arthur Rhodes) and make him a closer, when that failed, he traded for Dotel who while better still blew 8 games for them. Their bullpen blew a save at Wrigley where Mulder went 8 innings and the great Chad Bradford let Walker beat him. If the A's bullpen had converted a couple of more games, they would be in the playoffs and the Angel's wouldn't be. So the moral of the story is don't go cheap in the bullpen because that is what costs you games ( Are you listening KW?)

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 12:23 PM
The big 3 struggled in Sept. and Guererro carried the Halos to victory.You can talk about Manny and Sheffield all you want."Bad Vlad" is the A.L. MVP to me.And I didn't need Cubune wonk Phil Rogers to tell me.

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 12:27 PM
The A's didn't lose this year because of their starting pitching, they lost because their bullpen blew 30 saves. Beane tried to take a setup guy ( Arthur Rhodes) and make him a closer, when that failed, he traded for Dotel who while better still blew 8 games for them. Their bullpen blew a save at Wrigley where Mulder went 8 innings and the great Chad Bradford let Walker beat him. If the A's bullpen had converted a couple of more games, they would be in the playoffs and the Angel's wouldn't be. So the moral of the story is don't go cheap in the bullpen because that is what costs you games ( Are you listening KW?)
Jim Hendry made the same mistake,much to Sox' fans delight.He tried to make a setup guy (LaChoke Hawkins) into a closer.The Twins tried that as well.It didn't take them long to give the ball to "Everyday Eddie". Sox fans should be grateful the sCrUBS don't learn from past mistakes.:D: :D: :D: :D:

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 12:29 PM
I guess a team with a $100 million payroll outplayed a team with a $50 million payroll. The great Arte Moreno's checkbook prevails.
We'll see how great Moreno is next year.Early rumor is he's going to cut payroll.

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Arte Moreno, Bill Stoneman and his staff did a remarkable job. They spent the money, acquired the players they needed and those players came through particularly Guerrero, Guillen and Colon (in the second half...)

Congratulations to them.

Lip
You are correct,but Guillen turned into a headcase late in the year,and Colon's ERA (well into the 5's) is still too high for me.

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 12:33 PM

Hawk,is that you????:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

FarWestChicago
10-03-2004, 01:03 PM
The A's didn't lose this year because of their starting pitching, they lost because their bullpen blew 30 saves. Beane tried to take a setup guy ( Arthur Rhodes) and make him a closer, when that failed, he traded for Dotel who while better still blew 8 games for them. Their bullpen blew a save at Wrigley where Mulder went 8 innings and the great Chad Bradford let Walker beat him. If the A's bullpen had converted a couple of more games, they would be in the playoffs and the Angel's wouldn't be. So the moral of the story is don't go cheap in the bullpen because that is what costs you games ( Are you listening KW?)You are implying the acquisitions of Rhodes and Blotel were less than ingenious. Beware of the Wrath of the FOBB's! http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek.gif

Lip Man 1
10-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Sox Since 70:

He's 'cutting' payroll in the sense that he's letting Troy Glaus go who really pissed off the organization by not having his shoulder repaired in the last off season and by getting rid of one of two injured pitchers.

He'll still have a terriffic team next season with a payroll of 'only' 95 million or so.

What would you give for the Sox to 'only' have a payroll of 95 million?

Like in life, money talks and you know what walks.

Lip

jeremyb1
10-03-2004, 03:18 PM

I don't understand why I'm whining when you guys are the ones constantly bouncing off the walls whenever Jeremy Reed is mentioned, whenever KW is criticised, when the A's lose a game.

jeremyb1
10-03-2004, 03:19 PM
:violin:

Hey Jeremy, did you see Ross Gload (another KW acquisition) was named rookie of the month over THE Jeremy Reed?

Oh wow. He must be a better player then. I'd better reconsider this whole thing...

jeremyb1
10-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Billy Beane is a joke- the only reason his team has done as well as it has is becuase they have lived and died by the trio of Hudson, Mulder, and Zito

Y'know you might have something there if it were true or if Beane wasn't the one who drafted all three of those players.

FarWestChicago
10-03-2004, 03:36 PM
I don't understand why I'm whining...That's because you'll have to think for yourself. It's not something you can reguritate from one of your stats gurus. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/weep.gifhttp://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/weep.gifhttp://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/weep.gif

PaleHoseGeorge
10-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Hey West, can we add a midi audio file to accompany all of jeremy's posts?

You know... something to accompany this? :tongue:

:violin:

FarWestChicago
10-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey West, can we add a midi audio file to accompany all of jeremy's posts?

You know... something to accompany this? :tongue:

:violin:Actually, something like that should be possible. It would take a bit of work, though. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

dcb33
10-03-2004, 04:30 PM
The A's didn't lose this year because of their starting pitching, they lost because their bullpen blew 30 saves. Beane tried to take a setup guy ( Arthur Rhodes) and make him a closer, when that failed, he traded for Dotel who while better still blew 8 games for them. Their bullpen blew a save at Wrigley where Mulder went 8 innings and the great Chad Bradford let Walker beat him. If the A's bullpen had converted a couple of more games, they would be in the playoffs and the Angel's wouldn't be. So the moral of the story is don't go cheap in the bullpen because that is what costs you games ( Are you listening KW?)I'd agree with you except that the advertised strength of this team was those 3 ptichers. Everyone knew Oakland's bullpen wouldn't be as strong due to the departure of Folkue, and you can lay that one on 'Moneyball' too....
Here's some stats:

04 Hudson- 12-6, 181.2 IP, 3.57ERA
04 Mulder- 17-8, 225.2 IP, 4.43ERA
04 Zito- 11-11, 213IP. 4.48ERA

Compared to
03 Hudson- 16-7, 240 IP, 2.70ERA
03 Mulder- 15-9, 186.2 IP, 3.13ERA
03 Zito- 14-12, 231.2IP, 3.30ERA

The combined difference is this
04- 40-25, 620.1 IP, 4.19ERA
03- 45-28, 658.1 IP, 3.03ERA

I think these numbers tell all becuase the drop in innings pitched by these three guys combined with a 1.16ERA increase between them did nothing but put more pressure on an already weak bullpen, setting it up for failure.

Tragg
10-03-2004, 05:32 PM
While Houston was trading a stiff named Dotel for Carlos Beltran, the As, guided by the 21st century genius, Billy Beane, actually traded FOR Dotel.

No playoffs for you, Einstein Beane.

DMarte708
10-03-2004, 05:51 PM
No playoffs for you, Einstein Beane.:fobbgod:
"The regular season is a crap shoot. Anything can happen and anyone can win. Moneyball system is sound and indisputable in its methods."

Baseball fans fed up with this FOBB love should persuade Major League general managers to prevent trading with Beane. Let him rot in Oakland with his low payroll and 'brilliant' drafting techniques.

jeremyb1
10-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Did I do something to some of you? Put sugar in your gas tank? I'm not sure I've ever seen grown men act so immature.

Whatever. It's really pointless for me to waste my time. Enjoy your party celebrating the fact that the A's somehow won only 91 games. If it helps you sleep at night, think about how the Cubs and A's are awful teams and we just had a down year and will win the World Series next season.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Did I do something to some of you? Put sugar in your gas tank?
So you were the little bastard!

FarWestChicago
10-03-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure I've ever seen grown men act so immature.Well, that's a personal attack. Time for a timeout for the petulant one. You can http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/weep.gif in silence for a while.

LauraJ14
10-03-2004, 11:10 PM
You are implying the acquisitions of Rhodes and Blotel were less than ingenious. Beware of the Wrath of the FOBB's! http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek.gif
I think that there is more than 1 way to build a winning team and that based on what your budget is that for some teams you have to be more creative. I guess I am really tired of hearing baseball people talk about players with tools when so many of those players have no baseball smarts. I like Beane's approach with college ready players because a lot of them have reached the majors quicker which for his sytem of not being able to sign his high priced free agents works. It will be interesting to see how it works when his 3 staring pitchers are free agents, he has 1 replacement ready in Harden, what else does he have? I wish our ownership and GM would work harder at drafting and developing players instead of signing bottom level free agents to make the Sox better.

LauraJ14
10-03-2004, 11:15 PM
I'd agree with you except that the advertised strength of this team was those 3 ptichers. Everyone knew Oakland's bullpen wouldn't be as strong due to the departure of Folkue, and you can lay that one on 'Moneyball' too....
Here's some stats:

04 Hudson- 12-6, 181.2 IP, 3.57ERA
04 Mulder- 17-8, 225.2 IP, 4.43ERA
04 Zito- 11-11, 213IP. 4.48ERA

Compared to
03 Hudson- 16-7, 240 IP, 2.70ERA
03 Mulder- 15-9, 186.2 IP, 3.13ERA
03 Zito- 14-12, 231.2IP, 3.30ERA

The combined difference is this
04- 40-25, 620.1 IP, 4.19ERA
03- 45-28, 658.1 IP, 3.03ERA

I think these numbers tell all becuase the drop in innings pitched by these three guys combined with a 1.16ERA increase between them did nothing but put more pressure on an already weak bullpen, setting it up for failure.
Where are Harden and Redman's numbers, they both won over 10 games and I think that their innings pitched were more than the 2003 guys. You still can't take away the fact that their bullpen blew 28 saves, and I witnessed 1 against the Cubs and 1 against the Sox that would have them in the playoffs.

dcb33
10-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Where are Harden and Redman's numbers, they both won over 10 games and I think that their innings pitched were more than the 2003 guys. You still can't take away the fact that their bullpen blew 28 saves, and I witnessed 1 against the Cubs and 1 against the Sox that would have them in the playoffs.No, I can't discount their bullpen woes, but it was Beane that decided to not spend a few million extra to sign Kieth Foulke, and in the end His Wizrardry wound up trading some of his top prospects to the Royals for an ineffective closer and lost the division anyway. That sounds like something KW would do!
I'm sure that before the season Beane figured his Big 3 guys would continue to dominate, and decided Foulke wasn't "worth" the extra expense. In the end they put up numbers that weren't even close to year's, and missed the playoffs.

LauraJ14
10-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Foulke went to the highest bidder, the Bo Sox, after talking about staying in Oakland for less money. I don't agree with Beane's philosphy about closers because if he had a decent one this year, the A's would be in the playoffs. But when you have a small budget, you have to make compromises on where and how to spend your money. A majority of his payroll is spent on starting pitching, Dye and Chavez. One of the guys he traded away was a 3rd baseman, which its not like he needed that prospect since Chavez signed a 6 year contract extension.

dcb33
10-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Foulke went to the highest bidder, the Bo Sox, after talking about staying in Oakland for less money. I don't agree with Beane's philosphy about closers because if he had a decent one this year, the A's would be in the playoffs. But when you have a small budget, you have to make compromises on where and how to spend your money. A majority of his payroll is spent on starting pitching, Dye and Chavez. One of the guys he traded away was a 3rd baseman, which its not like he needed that prospect since Chavez signed a 6 year contract extension.I find it funny that when Oakland fails to sign a key free agent whose absence costs the team a chance at the playoffs, its excused, forgiven, and even praised by some because it fell in line with some magical formula written by the GM of that team. Yet when it happens here in Chicago the GM and ownership are automatically accused of being cheap and only interested in fattening their own wallets.

Chavez is signed long term, but what would the A's now do if Chavez sustained an injury like the one he did this year after Marte plunked him in the hand, or what if Oakland had reason to trade him away for something else they might need in the future, but now can't becuase they don't have someone ready to take over? Any time you trade away prospects you are limiting what you can do and mortgaging your future, and that is even more true of the A's than it is the Sox.

Aidan
10-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Did I do something to some of you? Put sugar in your gas tank? I'm not sure I've ever seen grown men act so immature.:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Go cry with the rest of your FOBB buddies.

:fobbgod:
"I have a job for you jeremyb1. Go get your shinebox and clean my shoes."

jeremyb1 says:
"Whatever you say, master!" :worship:

dcb33
10-04-2004, 01:13 AM
jeremyb1 says:
"Whatever you say, master!" :worship:

"Wait a minute, what was that? You mean Hudson Mulder and Zito can't pitch for me forever? Dangit! How the hell is moneyball supposed to work without them? I tell you what, I can find someone else to shine my shoes. What I really need you to do is learn how to win 20 games a season in the bigs. If you can swing that I'll be sure to throw a couple hundred g's your way. If you like me as much as I think you do from reading your posts, jeremy, I'm sure you'll do everything in your power to not disappoint me."

ma-gaga
10-04-2004, 03:19 AM
eek. This is a touchy subject apparently.

I have no love lost for the A's. They are one of my least favorite teams out there, but I appreciate what their management has done over the last 5 years. They generally make the right decisions, and they've kept the team healthy at a minimal budget.

I have a hard time figuring out why someone else writing a book about their methods causes such hatred towards them. Now FWC's hatred I can understand, he has to deal with their ilk fans all the time, and they suck.

But I just don't get it either. What did Jeremyb1 do to become such a lightning rod of anger?? I know he's a stallworth defender of the stathead way, but does that automatically make him a hated minion??

MarkEdward
10-04-2004, 03:28 AM
Well, that's a personal attack. Time for a timeout for the petulant one. You can http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/weep.gif in silence for a while.
Was Jeremy just banned?

FarWestChicago
10-04-2004, 03:50 AM
Now FWC's hatred I can understand, he has to deal with their ilk fans all the time, and they suck.Actually, I have no problem with A's fans, even the obnoxious, trash talking one who works for me (I did have to ban him from here at the request of several members). However, A's fans for the most part aren't FOBB's. They think Beane is a good GM, but have no problem pointing out his mistakes. He's not worshipped here. The FOBB's could learn something from real A's fans. Of course, A's fans care about their team and the A's fans here are more about ego. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Nate_in_Kansas
10-04-2004, 03:55 AM
Jim Hendry made the same mistake,much to Sox' fans delight.He tried to make a setup guy (LaChoke Hawkins) into a closer.The Twins tried that as well.It didn't take them long to give the ball to "Everyday Eddie". Sox fans should be grateful the sCrUBS don't learn from past mistakes.:D: :D: :D: :D:Don't forget, however, that Joe Nathan was merely a setup man until this season...as was 'everyday eddie' for many seasons before the twins plugged him into the closer's role. they both worked out for Minny...but Hawkins didn't.

The moral of the story? In my mind, the moral is that there are very few "sure things" in bullpens these days. And any that there are will cost teams dearly. And do you want to put that much salary into the bullpen? Obviously the A's should have put more this year. But the Twins didn't and actually came out ahead. Crapshoot? somewhat...But by scouting appropriately and spending a little more cash, your chances at succeeding increase.

What the SOX need to do better is BOTH. They need to scout better AND spend a little more money to build up their minor league system and major league staff.

Don't forget: Baseball is a game. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. The A's lost this year with their bullpen. But they've won a hell of a lot more over the last few years than the Sox have. So let's take what we can from them, improve on it how we can, and MOVE ON, instead of screaming insanely stupid things like "Moneyball always works" or "moneyball NEVER works" or "spend NO money" or "SPEND TONS MORE MONEY." I know balance is an overused word, but it's nonetheless important here: Balance the need to spend with the necessity to spend wisely. That's what will bring a winner back to the South Side.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Was Jeremy just banned?
Nah, West sent him out of the room for a few days. He'll be back... like a bad habit.
:cool:

gosox41
10-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Sox Since 70:

He's 'cutting' payroll in the sense that he's letting Troy Glaus go who really pissed off the organization by not having his shoulder repaired in the last off season and by getting rid of one of two injured pitchers.

He'll still have a terriffic team next season with a payroll of 'only' 95 million or so.

What would you give for the Sox to 'only' have a payroll of 95 million?

Like in life, money talks and you know what walks.

Lip
People who complain a lot??:D:

Seriously, if he were such a good owner, would he at least keep the payroll at the same level it was by getting other players?

Bob

Soxzilla
10-04-2004, 06:20 PM
So you were the little bastard!
http://www.wwlp.com/news/segments/sybersy/kingpin.jpg
"Don't mess with the FOBBs....bitch"

shagar69
10-04-2004, 06:30 PM
"Wait a minute, what was that? You mean Hudson Mulder and Zito can't pitch for me forever? Dangit! How the hell is moneyball supposed to work without them? I tell you what, I can find someone else to shine my shoes. What I really need you to do is learn how to win 20 games a season in the bigs. If you can swing that I'll be sure to throw a couple hundred g's your way. If you like me as much as I think you do from reading your posts, jeremy, I'm sure you'll do everything in your power to not disappoint me."
how the hell is money ball supposed to work? because of guys like harden, blanton, scutaro, swisher, crosby, and garcia