PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Lose Cubs Lose Holy Cow!!!!!!!!

chidavid18
10-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Baa Baa Goes the Billy Goat. They suck.

chisoxmike
10-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Don't be shy Sox fans!!! This is great. A season that "the Cubs were already proclaimed WORLD SERIES CHAMPS, backfired on the Cubs, Chicago Media and MLB!

Nobody hold your joy.

If ANYBODY says the Cubs are a better team than our Sox give them this tidbit of info.

From 2000-2004
The Sox record is 428-382 with ONE playoff appearance.
The Cubs record is 392-413 with ONE playoff appearance.

Hmmmmmm.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

marlins03
10-02-2004, 04:49 PM
http://members.tripod.com/%7ENailThatCatfish/choke.jpg

duke of dorwood
10-02-2004, 04:49 PM
:)
Cry Cry Baby

SomebodyToldMe
10-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Let's Have A Sox Fan Parade In Wrigleyville!!!!!

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 04:51 PM
What a great game! I see that despite blowing up the Bartman ball last February they are still cursed!!

:dtroll:

dcb33
10-02-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm actually looking forward to going to work on Monday to laugh at all of my Cubs fan coworkers misery. HAHAHAHAHA!

This couldn't have happend to a more deserving team of babies and losers and their loyal "fans"....

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Let's Have A Sox Fan Parade In Wrigleyville!!!!!

Say when and where, I'm ready for it! It'll make up for being mocked by Cubs fans after the 2-1 loss at Wrigley this past July 4, which was my first visit to Wrigley in 20 years.

dcb33
10-02-2004, 04:53 PM
What a great game! I see that despite blowing up the Bartman ball last February they are still cursed!!

If anything I hope that pathetic display they put on in February will "curse" them for another 96 years...

chidavid18
10-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Baa baa goes the billy goat.

shagar69
10-02-2004, 05:00 PM
hey, cmon, at least they got back to back winning seasons

DumpJerry
10-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Let's Have A Sox Fan Parade In Wrigleyville!!!!!Wear your body armor. Remember how they treat Sox fans up there.:o:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-02-2004, 05:04 PM
yes yes yes yes yes yes!!

my girlfriend: "Dont remind me" ahahahahah! YES! :bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance:

SomebodyToldMe
10-02-2004, 05:05 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/ClassicIcons/Sox38.jpg

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-02-2004, 05:11 PM

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!!!:) :) :supernana: :bandance: :) :)

chidavid18
10-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Ba Ba goes the billy goat. ha ha

he_gone_89
10-02-2004, 05:14 PM

However,big bears along with cubs,do suck

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2004, 05:17 PM
There are many 60's tunes for this occasion:

"Oh Happy Day"-The Edwin Hawkins Singers
(For any gospel fans out there)
"Oh Yeah"-The Shadows Of Knight
"Kind Of A Drag"-The Buckinghams:rolleyes:

And for all Beatles fans, a line from John Lennon's 1968
"White Album" classic,"Cry Baby Cry".:whiner: :whiner:

"Cry Baby Cry
Make your Mother sigh.
She's old enough to know better,
so Cry Baby Cry".:whiner: :whiner:

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

dcb33
10-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Check out this bilge the Cubs have posted on their website:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/news/chc_news.jsp?ymd=20041002&content_id=879171&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner: "We're not chokers! Why do people feel that way!?!"

chidavid18
10-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Ba Ba Goes The Billy Goat

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Say when and where, I'm ready for it! It'll make up for being mocked by Cubs fans after the 2-1 loss at Wrigley this past July 4, which was my first visit to Wrigley in 20 years.
I mockingly swept the streets of Waukegan after that horrendous loss.
THIS IS KARMIC PAYBACK,BABY!!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2004, 05:22 PM
hey, cmon, at least they got back to back winning seasons

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Wsoxmike59
10-02-2004, 05:23 PM
Today is like Christmas and Festivus all wrapped into one with the elimination of the Cubbies. Exactly one week ago the Cub fans at work were laughing at me talking about how the Sox folded in July, and they were headed BACK into the playoffs.

"when's the last time the Sox were in the playoffs back to back years?" asked one Cub fan snidely. At least I could respond with '93-'94, and put up a strong argument that were it not for the strike, the Sox would've had back to back playoff appearances.

P.S. I'd like to see the Cubs complete their fold by losing tomorrow too, so they end up with the same Win total as last years mediocre team......88 :dtroll:

Now repeat after me: (doing your best Hawk Harrelson)
I luuuvvv the Billy Goat of '45!
I luuuvvv the Black Cat of '69
I luuuvvv the '69 Mets!!
I luuuvvv the San Diego Padres of '84
I luuuvvv the S.F. Giants of '89
I luuuvvv the Atl Braves of '98
I luuuvvv the Fla Marlins of '03

and D.J. I 'specially llluuuvvv Steve Bartman!! The man who saved my life last year from being a living Hell. :D:

This Monday should be especially gratifying going into work

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 05:26 PM
New slogans for the Cubs:

THE 2004 CHICAGO CUBS
-Losing Ugly

THE 2004 CHICAGO CUBS
-Hey maybe this isn't our century either!

SOXSINCE'70
10-02-2004, 05:31 PM

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/news/chc_news.jsp?ymd=20041002&content_id=879171&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp

No former Marine I know of would have tolerated the crap this year's
team pulled.From Scam-ME's hop to Mercker calling the booth to tell Chimp and Stone to stop complimenting Roy Oswalt,to Moisty A LOOOOO-SER bitching about the strike zone.The way these losers belly ached,you would swear they were the only team in baseball to be squeezed by a home plate umpire or called "out" when the runner clearly was safe.:angry: :angry: :angry:

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Just bringing back a good one from last year:

http://img15.exs.cx/img15/465/dumbitch.jpg

SomebodyToldMe
10-02-2004, 05:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/dasanixcore/ClassicIcons/Failure.jpg

:supernana:

Wsoxmike59
10-02-2004, 05:51 PM

I'm enjoying reading the quips and quotes coming from the Cub fans today on their message boards. One particular crybaby named Charc left this little gem on the board.

"THEY (umpires) DIDN'T COST US A GAME, BUT THE LAST PITCH TO NOMAR GARCIAPARRA WAS 1.25 INCHES OUTSIDE, WHILE THERE'S NO WAY TO SAY THAT THE UMPIRE COST US THIS GAME, THAT'S UNACCEPTABLE, WHO KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF NOMAR FINISHED HIS AT- BAT!!!!
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO THROW EVERYTHING ON THE FIELD TOMORROW, BASEBALLS, GOATS, CUPS, WHATEVER YOU GOT!!!!!"

http://www.forums.mlb.com/ml-cubs/messages?msg=122780.1

gobears1987
10-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Lets see where the Cubs are in playoff contention...

:hawk

THEY GAWN!!!!
:bandance::supernana::bandance:

WORLD SERIES CHAMPS MY ASS

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 06:06 PM
"EVERYBODY NEEDS TO THROW EVERYTHING ON THE FIELD TOMORROW, BASEBALLS, GOATS, CUPS, WHATEVER YOU GOT!!!!!"

A fine way for the World's Greatest Fans to behave. Sounds like a bunch of crybabies.

RKMeibalane
10-02-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm waiting for Les to come here and make excuses.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2004, 06:19 PM
Hey, what planet have you been on? It's all Stone's fault. Sheesh...

:gulp:

CHISOXFAN13
10-02-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm waiting for Home Fish to come on and tell us that somehow the Cubs are still mathematically eligible for the playoffs.

I know deep down you wanted them to win Home, but everyone who knew anything about the game knew they were doen after Thursday.

Dick Allen
10-02-2004, 06:44 PM
For anyone watching the 9th inning on TV, how about all those shots of the idiot fans. I've never seen such a large group of such stupid-looking people.

Dub25
10-02-2004, 06:50 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2214&stc=1

"Not again, How could we lose? We are the best ever. The media said so. Now all the white sox fans are going to make fun of me. I'm calling in sick for a month."

ChiSoxRowand
10-02-2004, 07:06 PM
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

HomeFish
10-02-2004, 08:04 PM
I had to leave my room (where I was following things on Gameday) during the 8th inning of the game to leave for the family wiffleball game.

On my way there, I listened (for the first time in my life) to the Cubs broadcast on 720. When the final strike was recorded, I switched to CD and played Na Na Hey Hey seven times, one for each recent Cubs loss.

Good times, good times.

JB98
10-02-2004, 08:10 PM
This is like the day Duke loses in the NCAA Tournament, only better. Always good to see tremendous arrogance defeated....

bafiarocks03
10-02-2004, 08:18 PM
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

kraut83
10-02-2004, 08:56 PM
But Sammy hit a homer today, isn't that all that matters?

shagar69
10-02-2004, 09:04 PM
But Sammy hit a homer today, isn't that all that matters?
for that selfish bastard that is all that matters!

Dan H
10-02-2004, 09:11 PM
This has to be the biggest choking job in the history of Chicago baseball and that is saying a lot. Injuries are no excuse. They have no excuse. And their dopey fans will still be waiting out in the snow to buy tickets for September games that will be choked away. They are now going on 97 years without a championship. 100 is such a nice round number. No longer lovable, the Cubbie myth was expolded in 2004.

JB98
10-02-2004, 09:13 PM
This has to be the biggest choking job in the history of Chicago baseball and that is saying a lot. Injuries are no excuse. They have no excuse. And their dopey fans will still be waiting out in the snow to buy tickets for September games that will be choked away. They are now going on 97 years without a championship. 100 is such a nice round number. No longer lovable, the Cubbie myth was expolded in 2004.

Injuries are no excuse for the Cubs. If any Cub fan tries to give you that excuse, you might point out that Houston has been without Pettitte and Miller practically all season. The Astros are getting it done with Brandon Backe, Carlos Hernandez and Pete Munro.

Baby Fisk
10-02-2004, 09:24 PM
This is a drunken, giddy Baby Fisk coming to you live from Times Square, New York. I just rolled out of a bar where I was with some Yankee fans as they awaited the outcome of the A's-Angels game. I just had to get online and revel in this.

BYE BYE CUBBIES!

:yup: :yup: :yup:
WAY TO CHOKE AGAIN!

:yup: :yup: :yup:

I've got a copy of today's Saturday New York Post, which quotes Dusty Baker's inspirational, motivational, sensational words to get his collapsing team off their asses and back into the post-season, as was their destiny:

"We're due to win one of these. Geez, man. I can't explain it," Baker said. "It's a bad period right now." DUSTY BAKER, YOU ARE CLOWN SHOES!
:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

CHICAGO CUBS BASEBALL...YES!!! :rolling:

WHITE SOX = 2ND PLACE
CUBS = 3RD PLACE

HA HA HA!

Party hard, gang!

koch44
10-02-2004, 10:18 PM
LOL!! I was just watching ESPNEWS, and Tim Kurkjian was talking with this one woman anchor about how the Cubs losing HURTS baseball!

santo=dorf
10-02-2004, 10:28 PM
LOL!! I was just watching ESPNEWS, and Tim Kurkjian was talking with this one woman anchor about how the Cubs losing HURTS baseball!
I saw that too.

"Well most casual baseball fans expect to see the Cubs in the playoffs."

HUH?
*****!

:chunks

samram
10-02-2004, 10:39 PM
I saw that too.

"Well most casual baseball fans expect to see the Cubs in the playoffs."

Well, that's "casual" as in "started watching baseball last year."

SOXPHILE
10-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Sorry, I've been away for a while. Although once again disappointed in the Sox and their collapse this year, and the many problems and questions we have about the future, I'm feeling a combination of happiness, relief , giddiness, and general smugness today. The beloved Cubbies and the all the dopes of "Cub Nation" have suffered a "slight" set back in their pre-destined World Series Championship of 2004- They failed to even make the playoffs. I don't know if Cub fans realize it or not, but you first have to qualify for the playoffs to make a World Series appearance. So, with that in mind, there's really only one thing to say- HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flo-B-flo
10-02-2004, 10:53 PM
This has to be the biggest choking job in the history of Chicago baseball and that is saying a lot. Injuries are no excuse. They have no excuse. And their dopey fans will still be waiting out in the snow to buy tickets for September games that will be choked away. They are now going on 97 years without a championship. 100 is such a nice round number. No longer lovable, the Cubbie myth was expolded in 2004. Actually I think last years playoff choke was extended into this season. Witness their 1 run game record last year and this years record. Injuries especially to Prior hurt but should have been overcome. Go back and remember what the baseball pundits were bloviating about, the awesome pitching, the pickups of Walker and Lee and later Nomar blah blah mfricken blah. I am going to watch the big choke from last year (I taped it). It is still GREAT t.v. This years choke will be talked and rehashed over and over. The excuses will be flying from the writer/fans adnauseum. Last years end was fantastic. This year is the icing.:supernana: :supernana:

Lip Man 1
10-02-2004, 10:58 PM
It's beneath me I know but I don't care.

This is tremendously funny. From the Tribune annointing them to win a hundred games to Cub fans over the winter saying they should just hand them the trophy.

They have had back to back winning seasons and they will spend money again next year. I can only hope they keep finding a way to screw it up until the Sox can finally figure things out.

Let's see they blew up the ball last off season....do they blow up Bartman this season???

Lip

gobears1987
10-02-2004, 11:09 PM
I can't wait until Monday, I get $10 from some dumb flubs fan

santo=dorf
10-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Lip Man 1 asks: do they blow up Bartman this season?

Lip, you haven't been paying attention this past week. It's all Steve Stone's fault!

C-Dawg
10-02-2004, 11:46 PM

Of course! Do you think Bud Selig really WANTS to see a St. Louis-Minnesota World Series? He wants Cubs-Boston or Cubs-Yankees or maybe LA-Yankees so the hype and TV ratings will be way up there.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-02-2004, 11:48 PM
I can't wait until Monday, I get $10 from some dumb flubs fan
hahaha really? i bet all the cubs fans i know that they wouldnt win the wild card
their response: no....

i wonder why?

its because the cubs SUCK

TornLabrum
10-03-2004, 12:24 AM
It's beneath me I know but I don't care.

This is tremendously funny. From the Tribune annointing them to win a hundred games to Cub fans over the winter saying they should just hand them the trophy.

They have had back to back winning seasons and they will spend money again next year. I can only hope they keep finding a way to screw it up until the Sox can finally figure things out.

Let's see they blew up the ball last off season....do they blow up Bartman this season???

Lip
Nah...before next season they blow up Steve Stone.

marlins03
10-03-2004, 12:31 AM
I luuuvvv the Fla Marlins of '03 thank you for that comment :smile:

Kuzman
10-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Ill be going to sleep with a smile on my face tonight... Also, am I the only one looking forward to what Moronotti has to say on Monday?

AddisonStSox
10-03-2004, 02:39 AM
The baseball gods are shining down upon us today boys. Damn if I don't LOVE being a Sox fan.

http://reds.enquirer.com/2003/04/21/sosa_zoom.jpg

2004 Cubs: Not All They're Cracked Up To Be.

SoxFan76
10-03-2004, 03:32 AM
What a great day in baseball. The Cubs are notorious losers. They can't start winning now. They deserve to never win a World Series again. This is so great. I can sleep easy now. No need to worry about those playoffs again. Too bad the Sox couldn't make it, but atleast the Cubs didn't either.

Pea-Pod
10-03-2004, 03:36 AM
i kinda wanted to see a cardinals cubs showdown, where the cubs are swept mercilessly.

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 10:16 AM
:moron

YES!!! LET ME HIT THE SWITCH!!!!!!!
I'd rather blow up Maggott-otti's lame ass!!:angry: :angry:

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Ill be going to sleep with a smile on my face tonight... Also, am I the only one looking forward to what Moronotti has to say on Monday?
No,I am too.I shouldn't,but I want to see sCrUBS apologist numero uno
explain this one.Guess he didn't shine enough apples for SCAM-ME and Hendry.
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Kuzman
No,I am too.I shouldn't,but I want to see sCrUBS apologist numero uno
explain this one.Guess he didn't shine enough apples for SCAM-ME and Hendry.
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!You two are joking, right? He has already turned on them. You're honestly surprised that Moronotti would start talking out the other side of his mouth about the Cubs?
:nuts:

You guys need to get a clue. Either that or take this fascinating discussion to the Roadhouse.

:windsock:
"There is a good reason why my WSI tag is called 'windsock'."

Soxzilla
10-03-2004, 11:13 AM
:threadrules:

"they GAWN!"

PINWHEELS
10-03-2004, 11:42 AM
As I am Writing this post I am listening to the Smashing Pumpkins song Perfect!:D: :D: :D: :gulp: Here's to you Billy Corgan!

SOXSINCE'70
10-03-2004, 11:46 AM
You two are joking, right? He has already turned on them. You're honestly surprised that Moronotti would start talking out the other side of his mouth about the Cubs?
:nuts:

You guys need to get a clue. Either that or take this fascinating discussion to the Roadhouse.

:windsock:
"There is a good reason why my WSI tag is called 'windsock'."
George,

I have a clue.Apparently,i'm not allowed to have a sense of humor or an opinion on this site.Sorry you feel that way,but i'm not backing down.That's the last mention of that jackass from the Scum Times i'll make on this site.

I didn't mean to anger anyone.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Ah, sarcasm. It is so hard to tell what someone really means simply by reading their typed words. Of course, we do provide a special color to help end the confusion. Unfortunately we have a bit too much of this going on.

:wink:

kittle42
10-03-2004, 12:25 PM
You are all so hopelessly misguided. Don't you realize that this was a successful and magical season for our Cubbies?

cubhater
10-03-2004, 01:43 PM
Baa Baa Goes the Billy Goat. They suck.
Let's not forget about the other curse!:supernana:

TDog
10-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I got into Seattle last night and fell asleep after spending the last two weeks in London. This morning, the Seattle Times had a front-page teaser proclaiming the Cubs were eliminated. The Brit newspapers I read didn't cover American sports, and the only baseball news I had during the last fortnight was via the Internet last Saturday night, when a slow connection in a Charing Cross Road Internet lounge showed the Cubs had a 1.5 game lead in the wild card race. I had been expecting to come home to the agony of the Cubs in the playoffs. Elimination was great news, but it must have been a painful fall for Cubs fans (and entertaining to watch for the rest of the world). The Seattle Times wrote that this year's Cubs took the 1969 team "off the hook."

joejacksonsshoes
10-03-2004, 10:21 PM
The real reason the Cubs choked had nothing to do with goats or curses and this season they couldn't even blame Bartman.

Go to this link to find out why. http://pages.prodigy.net/swifttone/chokers.html

__________________________________________________ _________
HA ! HA !

PatK
10-04-2004, 02:11 PM
I live in Wrigleyville. I'm all up for a WSI get together to laugh at the Cubs' demise.

There's another curse,

THE CURSE OF THE HEADPHONED DORK!!!

There was a great picture of it, but I can't find it anywhere.

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-04-2004, 02:29 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/swifttone/chokers.html

bwahahahaahhaha :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Nellie_Fox
10-04-2004, 02:37 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/photos/inside/20041004_dh_l2_1_1_sc823460.jpg

*sniff* Such beautiful loyalty is moving.