PDA

View Full Version : astros or giants??

CubsfansareDRUNK
10-02-2004, 01:53 PM
just wanted who you guys want to win the NL wild card. houston or frisco? the cubs are definatly not a choice. :D:
personally i chose houston. i think they really pulled their heads out of their butts at the end of the season and got it together.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
I picked the Astros, too. That's a franchise almost as screwed up as my Sox. Almost.
:wink:

Besides, I can't stand what Barry Bonds represents to the sport of baseball. A juicing pouting ignoramus breaking records through the miracle of modern science -- and not one thing else.

Time for everyone in McCovey's Cove to put away their kayaks and go root for that silly football team of theirs with the fancy golden arches on the seat of their pants.

Pansies. They don't deserve playoff baseball.

:)

cbrownson13
10-02-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm a fan of both teams. I chose the Giants. I am one of the few on here that like Barry Bonds and would like to see him have another shot at a championship.

FightingBillini
10-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Besides, I can't stand what Barry Bonds represents to the sport of baseball. A juicing pouting ignoramus breaking records through the miracle of modern science -- and not one thing else.
While it would be repetative to say that he was merely accused, I will say it again. He never tested positive for steroids. He isnt Giambi. He didnt come into spring training 25 pounds lighter saying "Uh, I lost 4 pounds. I had a flu." His numbers didnt plummet like Giambi's (pre-mysterious illness). I dont know if he did take steroids, but he didnt drop tons of muscle after this scare came out.

I maintain that while steroids might make one hit 73 home runs, they dont make one hit .370. What is So-so's average? What Bonds has done over these past 5 years is absolutely unbelievable. This stretch is better than any by any other player in history. He has become arguably the most feared hitter in history (without saying he was the best- that always will be Shoeless Joe). I dont like him personally, but you cant argue what he has done on the field.