PDA

View Full Version : If Baker gets fired

Fenway
10-02-2004, 08:37 AM
If Dusty Baker gets fired after this historic collapse by the Cubs would the Cubs hire Grady Little? That would be perfect

doublem23
10-02-2004, 09:42 AM
I don't think Dusty's getting fired. He's transformed the feeling in that clubhouse. Instead of losing in April, they all believe they can lose in October.

OEO Magglio
10-02-2004, 10:02 AM
I don't think Dusty's getting fired. He's transformed the feeling in that clubhouse. Instead of losing in April, they all believe they can lose in October.
LOL, I agree they'll never fire Dusty.

dpbyron
10-02-2004, 10:24 AM
I don't think Dusty's getting fired. He's transformed the feeling in that clubhouse. Instead of losing in April, they all believe they can lose in October.That is too funny! :tongue:

Grobber33
10-02-2004, 10:25 AM
No chance will the Cubs get rid of Dusty Baker. As many screw ups as they have had,he is still better than Don Baylor,Bruce Kimm(even the Sox got rid of him after only one season),and Tom Trebelhorn among others.

munchman33
10-02-2004, 11:49 AM
He makes too much money. He's there for the duration.

SSN721
10-02-2004, 12:00 PM
I dont hold much pity for the Cubs, but it would be a shame for the organization over there if they got rid of Stoney because of the tiff with Dusty. It would be one of the worst decisions they could possibly make if that is what is being discussed in the War Rooms at Wrigley and Tribune Inc. right now. They will keep Dusty though, he is locked in with that contract of his.

AddisonStSox
10-02-2004, 12:11 PM
I hope Stone wakes up and smells the coffee. Not only is he underrated, he is underappreciated on the North Side. If the Chokers were smart, they'd listen to him and put him in the front office, a spot he has wanted for a long time, otherwise he may jump to another team, DC comes to mind, or they could lose him to a National broadcast team.I have to think, Darren Baker would be Dusty's natural successor.

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/mlb/2003/0223/photo/a_baker_vi.jpg

"I want you coming in hard to home like this, if not, J.T. Snow will pick you up."

santo=dorf
10-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Bruce Kimm(even the Sox got rid of him after only one season)
I thought Bruce Kimm was a pretty good third base coach. It was Ozzie decision to bring in one of his best buddies to be the third base coach.

LuvSox
10-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Isn't Grady Little already in the Cubs organization? I remember reading an article on him, he's a scout or something.