PDA

View Full Version : Fire Dusty?

soxwon
10-01-2004, 11:51 PM
my boss a die hard cubs fan, said today
FIRE DUSTY ASS, he sucks, he also blasted sosa, but said keep Alou.
a few other cub fans want Dustybag out.
What ya think?

MRKARNO
10-01-2004, 11:52 PM
I think Baker is a terrible manager. I would not have hired him in the first place, but that's another issue. They won't fire Baker because his contract is jumbo-sized (4 years 18 million I believe).

fusillirob1983
10-01-2004, 11:53 PM
I think I read $14 million today, but maybe you're right.

Etownsox13
10-02-2004, 12:15 AM
I think Baker is a terrible manager. I would not have hired him in the first place, but that's another issue. They won't fire Baker because his contract is jumbo-sized (4 years 18 million I believe).

I wouldn't say that Baker is a terrible manager, but he sure is overrated by the cubune, and the cub loving media

Whitesox029
10-02-2004, 01:30 AM
Sorry but....
:whocares

voodoochile
10-02-2004, 01:39 AM
If the flubbie fire Dusty, it would be a huge mistake from a casual fan perspective. It's not Dusty's fault that Wood, Prior and Sham-ME* ALL went down for extended periods of time this season. I have a friend who is one of those rare flubbie fans who actually understands baseball (several actually) who will defend Dusty until the day he dies. He thought the flubbies would win 102 games this season. Sucks to be him, now...

I remember ranting about Manuel for pitching to Thome a few times earlier this decade. Again, sucked to be me then, sucks to be them now...