PDA

View Full Version : Choke or no choke? A question for the Grobber...

DrCrawdad
10-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Amazingly, last year my friend Les Grobber Grobstein claimed that the Cubbies did not choke in the NLCS.

A question for Grobber, if the Cubbies fail to win the Wild Card this year will you consider this a choke? Please answer yes or no and then explain. Let's not evade the question and try to change the discussion.

84 was a Choke, this time they got beat by a better team!! In 83 the Sox choked, but in 93 THEY got beat by a better team(Toronto). No they did not choke Doc, and Home Field is BS, the Cubs were lousy at home all year,they were pretty good on the road. BTW the Sox are 0-7 at home in 83,93 & 2000 postseason combined while going 3-3 on the road which isn't bad at all so doont give mee this Home Field stuff. - Les on last years Cubbie choke. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=268479&postcount=44)

Four days ago saying something like this seemed unthinkable, after the blowout win over the Reds on Monday. I don't have to rehash what's happened since, but this -- if it indeed falls short -- is one of the biggest collapses in the history of the game. - Cubbie fan blogger on this year's choke.

TornLabrum
10-01-2004, 10:23 PM
Amazingly, last year my friend Les Grobber Grobstein claimed that the Cubbies did not choke in the NLCS.

A question for Grobber, if the Cubbies fail to win the Wild Card this year will you consider this a choke? Please answer yes or no and then explain. Let's not evade the question and try to change the discussion.
I don't know what Grobber thinks, but it seems to me like Dusty & Co. could use the Heimlich Maneuver.

DrCrawdad
10-01-2004, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=TornLabrum]I don't know what Grobber thinks, but it seems to me like Dusty & Co. could use the Heimlich Maneuver.[/QUOTE

Last year the Cubbies choked, and they without a doubt choked again this year.

StillMissOzzie
10-02-2004, 12:51 AM
I don't know what Grobber thinks, but it seems to me like Dusty & Co. could use the Heimlich Maneuver.
You honestly think Grobber is gonna show his face in these parts anytime soon? I sure don't!

But, as far as failing to meet expectations, this sCrUB team is definitely in the Chokers Hall of Fame!

SMO
:gulp:

DrCrawdad
10-02-2004, 01:03 AM
You honestly think Grobber is gonna show his face in these parts anytime soon? I sure don't!

But, as far as failing to meet expectations, this sCrUB team is definitely in the Chokers Hall of Fame!

SMO
:gulp:

Well I don't know if Grobber will respond or not, this year. Last year Grobber was right here on WSI posting away when the Cubbies choked in the NLCS.

ChiSoxRowand
10-02-2004, 02:11 AM
Losing 5 of 7 to Cincy and the Mets at the end of the year is a choke.

Grobber33
10-02-2004, 11:22 AM

SMO
:gulp:Well what do you think?? Is he gonna show up here?? (I GUESS SO!)

If you have any questions about if they choked last year in the NLCS, then check out "GROBBER'S FRIDAY THOUGHTS" 4th right now on the home page of www.grobber.com (http://www.grobber.com/) Read why I say they did NOT choke last year. It's right below the Sox,Cubs and Bears stories.
This year,dumping all these games to David Weathers(of Fla),the 2 to NYM,and 3 of 4 to the Reds, YES this is a major gagging if there has been one. REMEMBER however,I picked this team to finish 3rd in March---and that's exactly where they will end up. I also picked the Sox to WIN the AL Central. Losing a pair of 100 RBI guys finished the Sox,no doubt,but even if Maggs and Frank stayed healthy,this Twins team as it turned out would likely have won it anyway,but we will never know.
Got to go guys, I'm off to ND vs Purdue and then tonight NU vs OSU. Nice double dipper!! I'll check in from the Press Box later.